It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not really into prophecies however 2012 is of concern

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I am not really into prophecies however 2012 is of concern.

Not because of the Mayan calendar or any other prophecy for that matter.

Just the hype has a good chance of making it a self fulfilling event.

From just about now on and even worse towards the end of 2012 if any big natural disaster takes place the whole world is likely to down tools and wait for the big one to hit.

Ok so that is how it is looking to me, what do you think?????????????

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

yeah the world was supposed to end in 2000. Reaching 2000 but its 2012 and we actually have proof like the massive die offs and the earth quakes. There's tons of evidence leading to the end but it still might not happen... But yeah i agree, with the solar flares and all of the natural disasters going on the world could end. But i think 1 year is over exaggerated. Probably in the next 5- 10 years but not just one year.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Disemboweled

Dear Disemboweled

If I remember correctly in 2000 it was only the computers that where supposed to get fired. This is a far cry from the Hollywood and other hype that we are hearing about for this date of 2012.

The thing about the birds, fish seals, and now cattle I have not worked out if that is a normal event or there is actually something going on.

If people start dying then just maybe the MSM will get hold of it, we will see.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Supposedly the ancient calendars end in 2012 (depending on which 'experts' you ask.) If true, this may mean the end of the world, or the end of the age. If it means anything.

It's certainly a subject of concern to a lot of people right now I think. Weather patterns are changing (perhaps partially due to weather modification (which is admitted.) Animals dying, disease outbreaks, etc. Could all be related to natural climate changes that happen from time to time though.

Edit: minus diseases and illnesses; they are due to our tampering with nature (feeding cows meat, etc.)

edit on 19-1-2011 by Neurolanis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
I am not really into prophecies however 2012 is of concern.

Not because of the Mayan calendar or any other prophecy for that matter.

Just the hype has a good chance of making it a self fulfilling event.

From just about now on and even worse towards the end of 2012 if any big natural disaster takes place the whole world is likely to down tools and wait for the big one to hit.

Ok so that is how it is looking to me, what do you think?????????????

Heh, you seem to be thinking about the same way I am. With all the hype abuzz about 2012 if no disaster strikes people may riot anyway, set off bombs or fireworks, or generally be self destructive. I remember when the year 2000 hype was happening. On Jan 1st 2000 at midnight my father took his shotgun outside and paroled around our home... Just think if he was more of a nutjob what he could have started.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Neurolanis

Dear Neurolanis

The events and disasters that we read about here day by day are one thing but that is not what I am trying to get at here.

I am concerned that will all this hype 2012 could be self-fulfilling in and of its self.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

Dear totalmetal

Just imagine what people could do if there is some big disaster in November 2012.

Indeed it could lead to the end of life as we know it today. May be that is what the so called camps are for????

edit on 19-1-2011 by MAC269 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I am concerned about 2012, but it has nothing to do with prophecies.

It has everything to do with current trending. Financial trending, dissatisfaction trending, politician stupidity trending, manufacturing loss trending, wealth dilution trending, anger trending, etc.

It doesn't take a genius or prophet to determine which way the wind is blowing.

And it's blowing bad, bad, badly.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Dear FarArcher

Yes agreed so couple that with all the hype and we are in for it anyway.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
I am concerned about 2012, but it has nothing to do with prophecies.

It has everything to do with current trending. Financial trending, dissatisfaction trending, politician stupidity trending, manufacturing loss trending, wealth dilution trending, anger trending, etc.

It doesn't take a genius or prophet to determine which way the wind is blowing.

And it's blowing bad, bad, badly.

Very true...Some people may go as far as to spend their whole fortunes or other such crazy stuff. Wallstreet may get screwed up sending people into a panic. These sure are exciting times.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
of the hundreds of millions of cattle and perhaps billions of birds fly around, 7000 cattle dying off and 10,000 birds dropping from the sky isn't the end of the world.

when there is a massive simultaneous die-off of birds and millions of birds are littered around the world, then i'd be worried.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Hello. Thanks for letting me share my opinion on the matter. I hope nothing I say offends anyone of any race or religion. I have many questions and any answeres of opinion or fact would be much appreciated. If you can help me figure out some things it would be awesome.

I don't know what to think about the events predicted around 2012. Some say it is just a date. Well, duh it is a date. That leads into everything about 2012 and what I hope to understand a little better as time leads up to the time we consider 2012.

This is where I need help. I don't understand why it is right now year 2011 when there are ancient civilaizations known tens of thousands of years ago. What year was it in 1 A.D. and why was it neccessary to change it from what it was before?

Then, why was this time system of BC/AD only suppose to last until 2012? If we where not using BC/AD time system then what year would it be in 2012 and are there predictions of that year anywhere in history?

So, If the time measurment BC/AD was created, then the people in BC time could not have known about it. Right? Is that correct or am I missing something. Anyone in history in BC time could not have known about the date 2012 unless the time system BC was created far earlyer than 2012 years ago. Is this correct?

I think the year as we know it now comes from church control because of A.D. = After the death of chirst. and B.C. is Before the Birth of Christ. I don't understand how this works.

But, if there is ancient knowledge about the year 2012 then the time system of BC/AD was created long ago. Why would a system of time that was to last 2012 years be created in the first place? What year was this time system actually created and by who?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AtConspiracyDude

Dear AtConspiracyDude

Good questions and I hope someone that knows far more than me comes along to answer them.

However the BC/AD date is out anyway I think someone worked it out to be 4 years out and I forget in which direction. However know one knows the date of birth of Christ but I do know it was not the 25th of December 0000.

As for the Mayan Calendar they had there own calendar going on which was not related to ours at all. The date of the 21st of December 2012 is a winter solstice and is calculate from there long count calendar.

Other people work it out differently anyway some say it comes to an end in something like 2060.

However all this is a little of the point of my tread being that no matter what with all this hype something may well happen of that date.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Just to let you all know I will be off line in about ½ an hour and back again in about 16 hours after that.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AtConspiracyDude

The Mayan calendar's long count is figured in its own cycles which are then applied to the modern calendar arriving at 2011 or 2012 at its end date. Of course it's not called 2012 by the Mayans. If we knew what date it was on both calendars (which we do) at any given time, it is easy to extrapolate what one date on a calendar is on the other.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it. Nothing has been confrmed, it's all speculation at the moment.

Disasters happen all over the World every day and it really is the end of the World for lots of people, they die.

Even if 2012 were to play out like some people are saying. What could you do? Where can you go? What will life be like for the people that survive? No-one knows.

You don't worry about being hit by a bus or car which is more likley to happen than being killed by an end of the world event.

Enjoy each day you are alive, you have one less than you had yesterday.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Dear JonoEnglish

I love your quote “Enjoy each day you are alive, you have one less than you had yesterday.”

However it seams that just about all are missing my point.

Which is that we could have a self made disaster just because of all the HYPE.

Sorry I just can not think of a better way to put it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Hi Mac

Hype doesn't make things happen.

If it was the case then all the computers would have crashed on Jan 1st 2000.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Dear JonoEnglish

The problem is I am not so sure about that.

In 1999 we where worried that are computers would be fried the day latter.

That is a far cry from the end of the world as we know it. Although if a lot of money had not been spent to update a lot of older models it may well have happened anyway, I say well spotted on than one. I had an old MS program that failed anyway.

If we get some natural disaster towards the end of 2012 a lot of people be start to believe there really is a problem and simply down tools and head for the hills.

This could be self fulfilling.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Dear JonoEnglish

We are still nearly two years away from the date; I think a lot of people are going to be very nervous in 20 months time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join