It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT - Trojan Alert // ZEUS // PWS:Win32/Zbot.gen!Y - Be weary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ok the scan finally finished... in the backend it ran alot faster than the first 5 hours...

Here is everything it picked up that McAfee

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b85311929aa.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry the image is so big, Picasa decided to stop running all of a sudden untill i reset

Like i said, i posted this thread out of courtesy to remind us all online that we are never safe and even when we think we are linked or downloading from a credible source and have upto date Anti-Virus software, definitions and updates it could be a fake or misleading.......

Take note and scan your PC's, you never know is listening, pinging or watching... All the time we see people scared, paranoid and focused on the government or '' big brother '' but in reality it couldbe the person next door or someone you least suspect that could cause the most damage to your privacy and digital security.

edit on 19-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by yizzel

Mine is supposedly the same, it's an encrypted connection and at the top to the right of the url i still get the verisign lock, but it didnt matter they beat it. My bank is one of the major Aus and worldwide banks... they are no small time bank..

I think the problem is when they attack on the customer side the verisign or bank security doesnt matter or doesnt realise at first. The bank detects it as my input but it is being lojacked inbetween.

I think i am giving my bank the info, the bank thinks i am logging in directly but all the while there is a silent middle man...stealing information

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Java is quite a powerful programming language and similar to the dot net framework, as such it does have it's risks. I am not sure when all these attacks and counter attacks to computer security are going to settle down. Some parts have become quite battle hardened over the years, until a new version comes out and the defences begin rebuilding again. I have had part of my website hacked and taken down and it is frustrating. Having a good back up plan is always a good idea.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Thanks for the warning for this as well as the windows security essentials...You would think that if it was essential that they would include this in their auto updates though.

I shall try this out today and see if I have anything hidden in my laptop. Might be interesting..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Yeah I see what you mean with the encryption thing, perhaps I'm kidding myself into thinking that my system is any safer then yours, though browser attacks are far more common than any other method so at least I've removed one area that gets exploited the most.

The next obvious thing to do is to get rid of Windows

I have been hearing good things about Linux Mint 10..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You can also download Malwarebytes it's good at removing that type of stuff. Then there is also Ad-Aware Free Another great tool to have is AVG Free Rescue CD just download the ISO file and burn it to a disc, boot up the computer and it will start the Rescue disc so you can check for viruses and malware before booting into windows. It's great because it will get rid of the viruses that keep your system from scrubbing them while the system is in use.

Honestly if you can get rid of your viruses I would suggest formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows fresh. That's the only 100% way to be sure if you have doubts about viruses and malware still being on your system.

Also like people mentioned before dump Internet Explorer. It's unsafe. It uses something called Active X that allows less than honest people to run exploits and malware/viruses on your system through your browser. It's unsafe. That's why I dumped it back in the day and used Netscape before it tanked. Get Firefox it really is the safer browser to use.

The final thing I would recommend is using a Live Linux disc for checking your online bank account. Each time you use the Live disc it's a fresh system, no need to worry about viruses or malware. It's a lot, lot safer. You have Ubuntu and Mandriva which are both easy to use. Linux Mint also has a live disc and it is already preloaded with codexes, flash, etc. So that might be a better option.
edit on 19-1-2011 by TinFoilHatMan55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

edit on 19-1-2011 by TinFoilHatMan55 because: oops looks like info about the trojan was already linked to.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Thanks for the info

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Kinda ironic thread considering what happened to the PC after posting OP

top topics

<< 1   >>

join