It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii governor can't find Obama birth certificate

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Hawaii governor can't find Obama birth certificate

Oh noes...that must mean the birthers are correct

I highly doubt he is actively searching through the archives himself. So he wouldn't find anything anyway. Which leaves the task up to people of questionable integrity.

BFD OP!

edit on 19-1-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

LMAO! and so the end game begins! Watch this as the greatest WMD ( weapon of mass distraction) is employed. Obama is a lame duck now.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CONSPIRACYWARRIOR

Go to sleep little baby

[yvid]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Sorry I don't feel like dancing with you!

I feel bad for those who had faith in him, who trusted him and who defended him only to be let down by him.
Woman asks Obama: 'Is This My New Reality?'

Do you trust Obama and that he isn't hiding his birth certificate for a reason?

Thanks
SL
edit on 19-1-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This argument is pointless from the start.

Point to any one place in the Constitution or its amendments that legally define what a "natural born US citizen" is and then you have credence for whatever poo you want to throw at the man.

Point to any legal precedent that defines what makes a "natural born US citizen" and then sue if Barack Obama is not meeting that precedent.

Until you can come up with something beyond what you WISH those four words to mean (Ok, three words and two letters) then you got your opinions and a lot of gas. That, plus a dollar, will get you some coffee somewhere.

Let's face it. We don't know what was submitted as verification. Its not public data, its private data. His right to privacy trumps your wounded ego and your venting spleen.

If you try to come up with some twisted legalistic contortion to 'prove' he's not, I simply ask you to present your juris doctorate and your bar identification number. Other than that, your legal definition means exactly Jack, and crap. And Jack just left town.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
President obama's pledge to have the most transparent administration in history has come true.

Thanks to WikiLeaks

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Good job for finding this out,heres another flag to add on to your 1000 plus flags you already have.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
We’re 9 pages deep into this discussion and the majority of people commenting are unaware that the title and the article are completely misleading. Back on page 1 Southern Guardian pointed out that the WND article, and the title of this thread, is attributing something to the governor of Hawaii that he didn’t say.

The governor of Hawaii, contrary to the title of this thread, did not say he couldn’t find Obama’s birth certificate. For those that continue to post and comment as if he has, I have to question either your motives, reading or critical thinking skills.

I also have to wonder if ATS doesn’t have some responsibility here. I’m aware the OP used the title of the original article he is linking, as per the rules, but his second post clearly says the governor of Hawaii said he can’t find Obama’s birth certificate, a claim which is not supported by the source provided.

I think a disclaimer, on the first page, pointing to the obvious misleading nature of an article posted and being discussed on ATS would be appropriate.

edit on 19-1-2011 by aptness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

Original short-form. Nobody is disputing the original short-form certificate that was issued to his mother. The problem is the ease in obtaining that short-form certificate. It was designed for home births. You only had to have a little bit of documentation that was self-provided in order to obtain that short-form certificate. In order to have received the long-form, it was necessary to have been born in a hospital and delivered by a doctor.

I think people may be confused that the short-form is just an abbreviated version of the longer one, this is partially incorrect, there are two separate forms given for two separate reasons.

In all likelihood, and all evidence leads to the conclusion that there never was a long-form certificate on file. There is an original short-form, but the short form is insufficient. There has never been any long form released, the governor can't find it, and the hospitals have never released any records, and Obama has only supplied the short form.

This is the crux of the entire debate and skepticism. If a long form existed, or if hospital records existed, they would have been produced by now. The fact is, only the short form exists, it is all that ever existed, and there is no physical proof of a Hawaiian birth.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
The fact is, only the short form exists, it is all that ever existed, and there is no physical proof of a Hawaiian birth.

Physical proof, as in the afterbirth? Or do you mean documentation? Which is not physical; rather, it is documentary. If documentary prof is sufficient, then how about his published birth announcement? How about his standard BC?

To everyone out there, I will say this: I was born in Dallas, TX on Nov. 5, 1973 and there is no "long-form" of my birth. I have a standard certificate of live birth, that appears in much the same fashion as Obama's.

it seems to me that the birthers want some mystical document...a unicorn if you will. Guess what? you are not going to get it. Obama has provided sufficient documentation to the authorities that matter and that is not in dispute! Everything else is fodder for the mindless and insane hopefuls.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
SCOTUS in * Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1874): In this case decided after the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment, the Court stated (pp. 167–68):

The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners. Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of their parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first. For the purposes of this case it is not necessary to solve these doubts. It is sufficient for everything we have now to consider that all children born of citizen parents within the jurisdiction are themselves citizens.

The constitution nowhere defines the meaning of these words [citizen and natural born citizen], either by way of inclusion or of exclusion, except in so far as this is done by the affirmative declaration that 'all persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States

-- as quoted from Wikipedia

not a single person has questioned the birth place or the nationality of his mother, it is an accepted fact.

therefore Barrack Obama is a Citizen and my president.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Even though I am not a Obama (Democrat) supporter, I think it is a little too late for this birth certificate argument. We have entered into his 3rd year in office, and nothing has come out of this particular issue. Within a matter of two years, Obama will be up for re-election. If you don't like the guy, as myself, vote for someone to take his place.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Isn't there a recorded interview around where the only person thrilled with the "fact" of Obama being born in Kenya is his Kenyan grandmother who is quickly straightened out by younger members of the family? What would be in it for them? -- signed with an X by Simon Simple.
edit on 19-1-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mhc_70

“Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai‘i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures.
So now they can't find it?

This statement makes the previous Hawaii governor a liar because the governor stated that Fukino's statement indicated that Obama was born at Kapiolani.

Obviously the press release you cited doesn't say that.

The subsequent statement made by Fukino interestingly dropped the "birth certificate" verbiage and instead replaced it with the verbiage "Vital Records":

hawaii.gov...

“I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, Director of the Hawai‛i State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawai‘i State Department of Health verifying Barack Hussein Obama was born in Hawai‘i and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago.”
Why the change from the words "birth certificate" to "original vital records"? Maybe original vital records means the same thing but why the change? Especially since the statement refers to the previous statement you cited.

So the last governor screwed things up by claiming Kapiolani was confirmed as Obama's birthplace in the press release, but it never was confimed as the governor claimed.

Now the new governor is meddling and adding more mystery instead of solving anything.

Also, going back to the to Fukino's claim they had the "birth certificate" which she later changed to "vital records", what about the fire reports?

Obama Birth Certificate Lost to Fire in 1972?

Responding to Hawaiian health officials, who confirmed that the President's 'long-form' birth certificate has not been released to the public, a spokeperson for President Barack Obama stated this morning that it is impossible for the papers to be released at all.

Through a spokesperson working for the Administration, the President now claims that his original birth certificate was lost in a fire in 1972. At the time, Mr. Obama was living with his grandparents in Honolulu.

"There was a small house fire in which the document was lost," the spokesperson said. "That is why the President has been unable to comply with requests to release it. While the President understands the concerns of citizens, he hopes that this will put the matter to rest."
That hardly put matters to rest, in fact it fanned the flames because it looked like an excuse as there's no record of a fire:

According to reports in local newspapers, however, a fire was never reported at the President's residence in the entirety of 1972. "The fire was small. They never reported it because it didn't endanger the house."
So the fire that was never reported supposedly destroyed Obama's original, and sky news reported that Hawaii officials said the birth certificate Hawaii had was destroyed in a fire, what's that all about?

news.sky.com...

Authorities in Hawaii have provided an electronic record of Obama's birth because the paper copy was destroyed in a fire which wiped out much of the state's archives.
So what was it?

-Obama's original destroyed in a fire that was never reported? And that's why it's not available according to the white house spokesperson?
-Hawaii officials say it was destroyed in a fire in Hawaii records office?
-Fukino reports they have the birth certificate, but doesn't state it shows he was born in Hawaii (or at Kapiolani as the governor insists)
-Fukino amended that statement instead of calling it a birth certificate, called it vital records and said those, whatever they are, show he was a natural born citizen.

Originally posted by sprtpilot
Obviously, Obama has something to hide. He has been evasive with almost all aspects of his life including his birth, his education and grades, his health. Where there is smoke people.
Well there's smoke from all the talk about fires, the one that supposedly destroyed Obama's original but was never reported, and the fire that destroyed the birth certificate that Hawaii maintained but they subsequently claimed they still had only to later amend the "birth certificate" verbiage to "vital records" verbiage. More smoke from the previous governor with lies about Kapiolani being in the press release. Now the new governor is making things even smokier.

Yes, there's certainly enough smoke!

Edit to add: "Oh what a tangled web we weave...." Anyone ever heard that saying? And can you really say this doesn't look like a tangled web? Even if you believe as I do that Obama was probably born in Hawaii?

edit on 19-1-2011 by Arbitrageur because: fixed youtube link and added comment

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

because his job is totally to look for birth certificates. really? another ridiculous birther thread?

you people make conspiracy theories a joke

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
SCOTUS in * Minor v. Happersett, 88 U.S. 162 (1874): In this case decided after the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment, the Court stated (pp. 167–68):

The second paragraph you quoted is actually from United States v. Wong Kim Ark (1898), which, if you’re interested in the jurisprudence of birthright citizenship in the United States, you should really check it.

In Wong Kim Ark the court, citing Justice Swayne in United States v. Rhodes, as one of many examples justifying the court’s decision that Wong was a US citizen by virtue of his birth in the United States despite his Chinese parentage, noted—

All persons born in the allegiance of the King are natural-born subjects, and all persons born in the allegiance of the United States are natural-born citizens. Birth and allegiance go together. Such is the rule of the common law, and it is the common law of this country, as well as of England (...)

We find no warrant for the opinion that this great principle of the common law has ever been changed in the United States. It has always obtained here with the same vigor, and subject only to the same exceptions, since as before the Revolution."

The exceptions to this principle, noted by the court, are—

[T]he children, born within the realm, of foreign ambassadors, or the children of alien enemies, born during and within their hostile occupation of part of the King's dominions, were not natural-born subjects because not born within the allegiance, the obedience, or the power, or, as would be said at this day, within the jurisdiction, of the King.

not a single person has questioned the birth place or the nationality of his mother, it is an accepted fact.
therefore Barrack Obama is a Citizen and my president.

I don’t think even the most radical birther believes Obama is not a citizen, what they contest is his natural-born citizen status, which is a requirement in the Constitution, and are not necessarily the same thing.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join