It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii governor can't find Obama birth certificate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by backinblack
Ohh BS...It's an extract..

It is a valid birth certificate, accepted for anything a birth certificate is needed for - something the birthers ignore!

How can the 'fathers race=African' be valid?

Who's the retard that made up this fake BC?

Because Obama Sr is African??

Since when did 'African' become a race? White people's BCs don't have European.

You're missing the entire point. 'African' is not a race.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
IMO this is apart of a plan.. They are preying on American minds, they know people aren't going to really do anything. They are doing something behind closed doors and once everything is complete it will not matter if he is re-elected or not.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

It's not simply that people know so little about his family past, it's that they don't BELIEVE what he said about it.

Why should we believe what Obama tells us??
Heck, no one believes what Bush says..

Facts are what we need and Obama has his covered by National Security...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Ohh BS...It's an extract..

It is a valid birth certificate, accepted for anything a birth certificate is needed for - something the birthers ignore!

How can the 'fathers race=African' be valid?

Who's the retard that made up this fake BC?

Because Obama Sr is African??

Since when did 'African' become a race? White people's BCs don't have European.

You're missing the entire point. 'African' is not a race.

My name is spelled wrong on my BC and my race is listed as "indian".
Some native Americans equate the term indian with the word 'n-word'. In fact, my father was rez born and had to apply for a BC to get his CDIB... and his race is listed as "american". Lemme tell ya, there arent rocket scientists at the hospital that were filling out these birth certificates. When I had my kids I filled them out myself.. no chance for error.

Had to add here.. ask anyone over 40.. no one but nurses and secretaries filled out birth certificates back then. Parents did not do it like they do now.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Obama was born in 1961. All blacks were Negroes at the time.

Africa was a continent. 1961. Negro. 1961. Negro. Don't try and ignore facts.

I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone here. Negro is spanish for black.

edit on 19/1/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It is kind of hard to find something that does not exist.

Its almost as hard to find as E.T... You have to sift through all the bs and fake stuff first, then MAYBE, you might find something, but very doubtful.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Look lets not dwell on the past - we need to look to the future!

/sarcasm

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Advantage

Obama was born in 1961. All blacks were Negroes at the time.

Africa was a continent. 1961. Negro. 1961. Negro. Don't try and ignore facts.

I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone here. Negro is spanish for black.

edit on 19/1/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

Youre not getting it and Im not ignoring facts. One fact is that negro is American English for a... wait for it.. a negro. I dont care what it means in any other language.. nor do the blacks. I figure everyone knows that. It was also "colored" on BCs at that time all the way up until I believe the early 80's. In fact, the term was different in different areas of the country until a little after 1987 when some guy named Duncan wrote a poem using the term African-American and it caught on. NONE of this means anything to the debate concerning his citizenship status just as your Africa being a continent in 61 and Obama being born in 61 means nothing. These are all facts, but they dont mean a hill of beans when someone is filling out a birth certificate who wouldnt know an African from their elbow. Ask around.. there are all kinds of weird things written on BCs and race snafus are just one of them.

Anyhoo.. I figure Obama has some explaining to do and a lot of questions to put to bed. If you go off with theories that arent solid you look foolish... and in turn make other birthers look foolish. I am here to tell you I am a living example that it doesnt matter WHAT the facts are.. if some moron filing out the BC put African down.. thats the way it is. The race as "african" isnt your proverbial smoking gun.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Hawaii governor can't find Obama birth certificate

because the continuing eligibility controversy could hurt the president's chances of re-election
The state officials are so coy about what they actually have, they call it "vital records" and said they'd provide what they have to Obama's campaign if they asked for it, but Obama's campaign never asked for it.

I wonder if stories like this are part of what the HI governor is worried about for the 2012 election:
New Arizona Law Requires Proof of Citizenship for Presidential Race

If Barack Obama wants to be on the ballot in Arizona in 2012, he had better cough up a long form US birth certificate –like the one that lawsuit after lawsuit has asked Obama to produce. ...

An article from KPHO.com, a Phoenix radio station, reports: “The Arizona House on Monday voted for a provision that would require President Barack Obama to show his birth certificate if he hopes to be on the state’s ballot when he runs for reelection.
According to that source they wanted to see the long form, though I don't know the status of that bill. If a measure like that passes, it would mean that the short form birth certificate already provided would be insufficient to get on the ballot.

But this might not be a problem for Obama even if it passes, since i don't think he has a snowball's chance of winning Arizona even if he DOES get on the ballot.

SouthernGuardian is tight about one thing, wnd did a lot of "reading between the lines" in their interpretation of what the governor said..notice wnd quotes what the reporter asks, but doesn't quote the governor's response, they paraphrase it with a bias to suit their agenda.

But I'm guilty of reading between the lines too, when I read the state official's statements about Obama's records. They say they have vital records on file but they haven't actually confirmed they have a long form birth certificate, have they? So I do wonder what they have, based more on Fukino's press release than on the governor interview. Even the interview with the previous governor was bizarre and didn't reveal what they had.

Even if Hawaii officials won't show the long form birth certificate for privacy reasons, would it kill them to state that's the record they have, instead of saying they have "vital records" which could mean a long form birth certificate, or something else? Then there was a smokescreen about records being destroyed in a fire, etc. I think Obama was born in Hawaii but something very fishy is going on. Maybe the records have a problem or maybe his race is checked "white" and he wants to keep that private? Who knows what he's hiding? I don't know if anyone knows besides Obama, a few aides and the Hawaii state officials.

And sorry to disappoint the birthers but whatever he's hiding, it's probably not his birthplace.

It would be nice to see the long form though. Will he have to show it to Arizona to get on the 2012 ballot?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Ditto.. what Ive been saying from the start of this whole mess. Teh race on the long form is white, father isnt listed, his name isnt Barak Obama.. he's been Barry, Barack, soetero, Obama.., and another one I cant recall at the moment! Its really more ikely its one of these things which they wont damage him like a non-resident but it will destroy him for being Barack Obama the first African-American president.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Southern Guardian

You choose to believe what is there for the other presidents but not for this one, and you offer little more beyond your own assumption.

Really?? There is abundant information out there on say Bush, Clinton or Kennedy..

Oh really? Can you show me their long form birth certificates? Do you have the newspaper announcements of their births? Thanks.

There is next to nothing on Obama..

There is enough out there on Obama, it's information you choose not to believe.

I'll post information on the Bush family,

Excellent. Start with presenting me their original birth certificates, thanks.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Let me just go back to your post there regarding this new Arizona law. So essentially, arizona is going to make law requiring presidential candidates to present their original birth certificates, or they will be disqualified for the presidency, essentially making millions of natural born citizens ineligible. This is how you fellas intend to get back at Obama huh?

The arizona politician is taking you for a ride.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Let me just go back to your post there regarding this new Arizona law. So essentially, arizona is going to make law requiring presidential candidates to present their original birth certificates, or they will be disqualified for the presidency, essentially making millions of natural born citizens ineligible. This is how you fellas intend to get back at Obama huh?

The arizona politician is taking you for a ride.

I dont see how it would or could ever be enforced on a federal level to confirm eligibility just because Arizona wants it. I mean, dont we already have a way set up to confirm eligibility? Ive read that we do and that we do not. Mainly the mis and disinfo is what keeps me out of the birther debate usually..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

What does the long form have on it that the other doesnt? I havent looked at one since we applied for our last passports I think!
Here's Obama's short form:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d138f8546147.jpg[/atsimg]
And here's a sample of a long form from that time frame:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e224d8cd1efc.png[/atsimg]

It shows the doctor's name, place of birth as Kapiolani, etc, which by the way is where most people now claim he was born though before it was Queens:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b257757328f5.jpg[/atsimg]
From what state officials have revealed, nobody knows whether he was born at Queens, Kapiolani, or in a bedroom at home, or somewhere else. The fact that there have been differing versions of the birth location adds to the intrigue, I think Snopes even changed their initial story about Queens as the birthplace.

News sites swap Obama's birthplace like magic

If you happened to read online news sites such as United Press International or the popular hoax-busting Snopes.com anytime up until Tuesday night, you would have seen definitive statements that President Obama was born at the Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii.

But checking back now, both sites are suddenly providing an entirely different location, the Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women and Children, also in the capital of the Aloha State.

Within hours of a WND report revealing Obama's birth being reported at two different Hawaiian hospitals, both sites changed their information to suddenly fall in line with the president's claim that he was born at Kapi'olani.
It's stuff like this that makes me wonder, and want to see the long form, which would answer the question about where he was born, even though I think he was probably born in Hawaii. This kind of discrepancy isn't exactly inspiring confidence that there's no issue.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Let me just go back to your post there regarding this new Arizona law. So essentially, arizona is going to make law requiring presidential candidates to present their original birth certificates
The article says long form, not original.

Please look at the sample of a 1961 long form birth certificate from Hawaii I posted. I'm not sure how they are kept, but from the appearance, I'm guessing it might be on microfilm so I'm guessing they'd accept a printout from the microfilm if that's what it is. Anyway the Hawaii state officials said they had more documentation and would release it to the Obama campaign on request, so there shouldn't be an issue if Obama or his aides request it. They just never requested it.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Heh.. well it does make one wonder why he simply doesnt put the issue to rest. Thats the ONLY reason I question whats going on. The discrepancies and then the run around concerning the certificate. Even if there was nothing amiss on it... why the strange behavior over it?

I really have a hard time demanding the guys personal information. If he can just prove that he was an american citizen he can just possibly satisfy the majority of birthers and we can move on to more important things I guess. I understand that when you are in the public you invite these things, but IMO the reason its never been an issue with any other pres is because there wasnt all of the discrepancy in news, books, etc...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

but IMO the reason its never been an issue with any other pres is because there wasnt all of the discrepancy in news, books, etc...
Obviously we're on the same page about this, though I should point out it WAS an issue with Obama's opponent, McCain, being born in Panama. But McCain provided his long form. And it didn't kill him.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Oh and thanks for putting the info together like that ... Im sure its been posted and said a bazillion times..and I really do appreciate it. Im just getting into the whole birther thing a little more deep than surface junk and to be honest.. Im pretty confused. Some of the arguments/theories seem waaaay out there IMO.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

If he can just prove that he was an american citizen he can just possibly satisfy the majority of birthers and we can move on to more important things I guess

he HAS proved that he is a US citizen, born in Hawaii, but the birthers have not moved on as it has nothing to do with any bit of paper.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

but IMO the reason its never been an issue with any other pres is because there wasnt all of the discrepancy in news, books, etc...
Obviously we're on the same page about this, though I should point out it WAS an issue with Obama's opponent, McCain, being born in Panama. But McCain provided his long form. And it didn't kill him.

I recall that and thinking why didnt Obama just stop the drama like McCain did.. he didnt and Im still wondering why.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join