It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cannot stand beng made fun of any longer!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I'm sorry for posting this but I have to write down my feelings. Hopefully some of you guys can identify with my depression and problems. I hate how my life is and my friends making fun of me. Every time I see them they point and laugh. They call me the "girl who believes in ghost, monsters, and other weird girl who practices Witch Craft." I'm not the only person being made of at my school. A kid I know is made of for being religious as well but he is Christian who believes in ghost, monster, big brother and what not. I hate being made of and I want to make it stop! How can I make it stop? I cry myself to sleep every night because of my depression.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I am so sorry about what your going through. What I am about to say may not be an immediate solution to your problem, but what I can say is that it gets easier. People that frequent sites like this or think outside the box are often ridiculed, and its a shame.

What I can also say is that you have people here that are like minded, and you can share what you think and believe as many of us have been through similar things and have found comfort on ATS. I see that your new here. Just find a couple of threads that interest you, once you become more comfortable with what you know, words from others become less hurtful.

I look forward to seeing you around, and things WILL get better.

Peace, NRE.

BTW, you can always come to BTS to rant if you need to, many people do, and find quite a nice bunch of people
and some consoling words.

link   
Learn to deal with it and stand up for yourself. People are assholes by nature.

Since you believe in "monsters", "ghosts" and "witchcraft" seemingly all "occult" and "newage" subjects, I would assume you practice some forms of "meditation" or mental thought control. While there is no scientific evidence for witchcraft, there is quite a few for meditation, so try and change your state of thinking from "I'm a victim" to "I am an immovable rock that will hurt you if you punch me". You understand?

When I was in my mid-teens I started developing a slight anxiety disorder coupled with a deep depression (doesn't mean I was sad) when I noticed that I could be better, I forced myself to change. You can force yourself to change to be stronger, trust me.

A direct practical approach is to work up the courage to retaliate when people give you #. Don't be violent if they are not, but if they are verbal, research something pecular and disgusting that they do and blurt it out to them.
edit on 18-1-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

link   
im sorry to tell u but its almost impossible to change the minds of ignorant people the best thing to do is to find a good friend that can relate to u so both can share problems and getting them problems off your chest might make u feel better if u need someone to talk 2 im here

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleLL

when im being fun of i just turn my ipod volume all the way up...or just ignore them because they'll probably end up being homeless and begging people for money.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Listen - knowledge is power. The more you learn and experience in your life, the better rounded you will become.

Follow your dreams and goals, pay no attention to the idiots who poke fun at you and your beliefs. Learn all you can so that you can know and understand that everything around you is not always exactly how science states.

How to stop them from making fun of you... Where are the adults in your life? If this is that bad, you need to contact an adult - a teacher, principle and your parents. There is nothing wrong with stretching a hand out for help if you feel you are falling into dispair. Please, contact an adult and talk about the problems you are having.

Thank you, and please remember - there is nothing wrong with asking for help and protection from adults...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
whoa, hold on. first off, you sound young (these things get much better with time)...secondly either ignore the ignorant people, or totally embrace your identity. if they know that their teasing gets to you they will only do it more and more.

i always tried to use intelligence, and one upmansship to deal with stupid people (who are very insecure themselves, by the way)

don't let it get to you, in a few years they won't remember anything, and you still may be holding on to this emotional baggage, so don't let them destroy you. know that you are better than them...do good, and good will come to you, and karma will bite them square in the kiester

come up with a mantra when you feel depressed etc, like....i use "rise above" over and over, like meditation

hope this helps

link   
you shouldnt feel bad. once you leave school youll get to spend less and less time with people like that.
i'm sure you already know why people are a$$'s so i wont go on about that,
school social life is really irrelevant, its just a shame nobody realises this until they leave.

link   
Clearly your friends are juveniles in both age and behavior. Tell them to grow the hell up. If they were mature and had lives they wouldn't be worried about what the hell you do.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

When people are afraid they are often cruel to others. You are interested in subjects that most folks would rather never think about. However most of them sense that there's more to life that their senses and mind tells them ... this scares them, and they attack those who will consider that which they avoid.

Perhaps it's time for new friends as it doesn't sound that the ones you call friends now have any authentic affection for you. It is preferable to be alone between worthy connections and friendships than to be surrounded by vicious souls.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Fight back, that helped me get the bullies off my back. If you can't fight back, organize your own group. You have to learn the social norm in order to do that. Depending on the area you live in, some places people socialize over games, sports, movies, etc.. Gangsters socialize over gang names, popular gang members, violent gang movies, different type of drugs and how they make you feel, fighting moves etc.

You can be fake, pretend you are interested in what they are interested, then get in their social circle, that way you can spread your own beliefs from within social circles. For example some people loves playing certain online games, and they socialize about it all the time, play the game, talk to them about it and get in the circle.

link   
Its like this , what your experincing is nothing compared to what others go through on a daily basis. On the grand scheme of things your problem is pretty low on the list

For example

Would you trade the life you have now for this .....................

...... didn't think so , now back to upholding the simple pleasures of life and disgarding the bitter ones

link   

Originally posted by DoubleLL
and my friends making fun of me. Every time I see them they point and laugh.

Wow, these people dont sound like friends at all. I suggest you get some new ones. As for the rest of them.. forget them.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Hi doubeLL.

I feel for you for sure. I had a rought time in school also when I was younger. It seems lesser minds are only concerned with fitting in and will follow the lead of a few really bad apples to do so. first of all anyone who laughs at you (to the point of crying) that you call a friend is no friend at all. It's all right if it's just a friendly jab every once in awhile but not when it happens incessantly.

Are your friends aware of the effect they are having on you? If you know for sure that the answer is yest GET NEW FRIENDS. If not you should definitely talk to them and let them know what their actions are doing to you. As for kids in your school who make fun of you have you tried talking to a counselor or Principle? You really should do this as a first step. Also let your parents know what is going on as they may have some helpful suggestions and can have some real pull if you THEY go to the school and chat with the school officals. If none of this works I would highly suggest home schooling.

Just remember that there are many people out there with your beliefs and I cannot say this enough but DO NOT allow these people to change you, stay true to who you are! In the end you will be much happier if you stay true to yourself.

I hope this has helped you As I know your pain and went though similar situations in my youth.

Peace & Respect

AS

SnF

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
As a guy who used to be an asshole to wierdos like myself (thinking it was cool at the time- #ing high school) i tried to fit in by being mean to everyone, it got me somewhere for a while... but I constantly felt like crap about my decisions. tell your so called friends they will grow up one day, look back at all the #ed up, screwy things they have done, and realize they are the most unhappy, pitiful, worst excuses of human beings known to this earth.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
WJjeeper...You just made one of my points LOL ...

Glad to see you changed your views

edit on 18-1-2011 by AeonStorm because: Additional Info

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
Its like this , what your experincing is nothing compared to what others go through on a daily basis. On the grand scheme of things your problem is pretty low on the list

For example

Would you trade the life you have now for this .....................

...... didn't think so , now back to upholding the simple pleasures of life and disgarding the bitter ones

that is the crappiest piece of advice I have heard in a while. That is a completely pointless thing to say on behalf of someone who probably does not live in that part of india and probably are posting this because they have nothing to bitch about personally. way to look like a jackass.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
If i may ask... what is it that makes you believe in these things? Have you had a personal experience?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

First of all learn from it and remember not to treat others the same way.

I wish I could say it gets easier as we grow older, but it does not. We just grow immune to it. Everyone is different from everyone else in some manner and no matter who you are or what you believe, you will find those who scorn you for your beliefs.

You need to first of all talk to your Parents about this if you can. Then perhaps you and them can bring it to the schools attention. It might seem impossible and you may be worried it will just make things worse, but it won't. There are times when you need to trust others to help you.

One lesson you should take from this, is it's not always appropriate to talk about your beliefs because there are very bad people in this world who will judge you by them, rightly or wrongly. Some topics are best kept between you and friends.

Don't delay, talk to your Parents and those who are in charge at the school. Don't let fear control you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

the biggest problems are solved by the easiest solutions

the only reason this kid is so pissed is because he keeps thinking about it instead of getting over it and moving on to other things

when you see how lucky you are to be in the state you are now you see how small your problems in life really are . He just needs to keep his mind busy realize how lucky he is to be where he is now instead of those poor souls near that gangas river who go thru some # on a daily basis. When you put your little hurt ego aside and look at the bigger picture you realize how pointless it is to waste another day on bullies , when there are easy solutions to deal with it and move on quicker ....you would know this if you understood the post before hitting reply

<<   2  3 >>

join