It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its not over!!! More Deaths!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
200 more birds have died in yankton south dakota. less than 2 hours from where i live. we are over halfway through the month and birds are still dieing. are they still going to blame it on fireworks? They cant. it was over half a month ago. what the hell is happening.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A source please.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

i believe it would be www.keloland.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zeon9010

How many, guesstement? what species? what kinda injuries on the birds?
Need more info, if you can pictures?
WTFH is going on here??????????

:EDIT: just seen the link. cant get info or anything from that site?
edit on 18-1-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: change

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zeon9010

Nevermind found one

www.yankton.net...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Something is definitely going on...At least in my opinion/

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I agree that something is definantly going on here but I also forsee every time some birds drop dead somewhere that its gonna be thrown into the same case when it shouldn't be.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

Try the link I provided

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Heres a quote from the site
Thanx

It is estimated that more than 200 dead starlings were found in downtown Yankton Monday. However, it is not believed the deaths pose a threat to humans.

Yankton Animal Control Officer Lisa Brasel estimated that she collected 200 starlings Monday, and employees of the city Parks and Recreation Department were also on the scene picking up deceased birds. The total number of corpses gathered up by city employees has not yet been compiled.

“I talked to one of the local vets, and they said there is nothing wrong (with the birds),” said Brasel, who took specimens to a veterinary office. “They just didn’t migrate and are dying. I was going to call the South Dakota Department of Health to see what they have to say about it, but they are closed today (because of Martin Luther King Day).”

The birds were found around trees on the north side of Riverside Park, as well as on the north side of Second Street between Capitol and Pine streets.

The mass bird death in Yankton comes on the heels of other large animal kill-offs around the world that have people buzzing. Many began taking notice when, on New Year’s Eve, an estimated 5,000 blackbirds dropped dead in Beebe, Ark. Since then, reports of more bird deaths, as well as those of crabs, cows and fish, have come in from around the world. Some of the incidents have been attributed to pedestrian causes — birds colliding with objects and each other after a fireworks display, or cows with a virus — while others await explanation.

Some of the more creative accounts have the deaths related to secretive government experiments or, for those familiar with the movie “2012” and many books with similar apocalyptic predictions, the supposed end of the world.

However, scientists have been downplaying the events.

“Five billion birds die in the U.S. every year,” Melanie Driscoll, a biologist and director of bird conservation for the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi Flyway for the National Audubon Society, told the New York Times recently.

That means 13.7 million birds die in the United States every day, the Times points out.

Nevertheless, the explanations of scientists don’t always ease the shock of seeing so many dead animals in one place.

Alison Brown, who works in the area where the birds were found in downtown Yankton, said at first the bird corpses just looked like clods of dirt under the trees. However, she later noticed the macabre nature of what she was seeing.

“I’m concerned as to what would be the cause of this,” Brown said.

She quickly recalled the reports of bird deaths she had seen on the news.

“The first thing I did when we saw the birds is, I looked it up online to see if they had figured out what caused the incidents in other areas,” Brown stated.

Brasel said that, in more than 10 years in the animal control field, she had never witnessed anything like it.

Late Monday afternoon, after city crews had picked up many of the birds, some corpses still remained.

“I would go to pick up one bird, and I’d find a pile four birds deep,” Brasel said.

Some dead birds remained clinging to the trees. She called the scene “creepy.”

“I did find a couple that were alive, and I took them to the vet clinic,” Brasel said. “They died within 20 minutes. They seem to be healthy. They are not skinny like they’re starving to death.”

She had also received a report of dead robins by a house in the city, but otherwise the bird deaths seemed confined to the downtown area where a thick flock of birds has been congregated for some time, flying between the trees and making a good deal of noise.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadStarState

I agree with you, but it still seems unusual. For OPs it was 200+ birds. Pic shows a lot in one spot.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
www.keloland.com...
Poison Likely Killed Yankton Birds

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The thing is that it keeps on happening. Why.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
They say this is normal and 13.7 million birds die in the United States every day. How many of these are to health and predators? Have any of you seen this for yourself or know some one who has observed large amounts of birds falling out of the sky or on the ground? Is it really that common? I've never experience this myself and haven't met anyone who has either.

Somethings brewing.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
To my last reply, I think what evers going on is sick. WE cant do or figure out on to whats causing this....
It is too much to embrase, for me being a nature freak n all. A BIG WOW

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well to all the mass die offs it was some thing, a cover is more like it, no?
Go and read all the other threads lol

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Neoony

i personally doubt they were killed by poison.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Neoony

Yea it does say poisoned but the Wildlife biologist seemed a bit unsure.

Wildlife biologist Ricky Woods confirmed that the poison was used by the USDA at a feedlot about 10 miles south of Yankton. He said birds usually die before getting so far from the poison

Keloland

Birds usually don't get that far from the feedlots before dying? So all of these birds had just enough resistance to get them all the same distance before dying? They haven't done tests yet so poison isn't what killed them.
edit on 18-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Every day - more birds, fish or mammals dead in large numbers. Reports indicate the birds looked healthy. It appears that the birds may be off course as to what they would normally be doing this time of year in their location and they die all at once. Its the "all at once" that puzzles me the most. The only explanation I can come close to believing at this time is the magnetic pole shift. Those in the veternarian field and scientists need to take a very, very close look at this, seriously!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
....Or maybe this will pass, hoping !
But kinda waiting to see if it will take effect out by my area...[

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yep, Magnetic Field has my vote. Birds have been reported confused about when to migrate last year and now they are dropping out of the sky. Solar Maximus is coming up in over a year. That's what unnerves me. If we do have a weakened field then a Coronal Mass Ejection could rock our world. Literally.
edit on 18-1-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join