It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oswald's Brother Sues Over Coffin Sold At Auction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Oswald's Brother Sues Over Coffin Sold At Auction

www.chron.com

By ANGELA K. BROWN
Associated Press
Jan. 18, 2011, 8:27PM

"FORT WORTH — Lee Harvey Oswald’s brother is suing a Texas funeral home and California auction house after the presidential assassin’s original coffin was sold at an auction.

Robert Edward Lee Oswald said he thought the water-damaged wooden coffin had been destroyed after Lee Harvey Oswald’s body was exhumed from a Fort Worth cemetery in 1981 amid conspiracy theories surrounding the death of President John F. Kennedy...."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Kind of a bizarre story, but it is still news.

The article goes on to state:

"An anonymous bidder bought the coffin for nearly $87,500 after a spirited round of bidding that Nate D. Sanders Auctions of Santa Monica, Calif., said continued two hours past the original closing deadline."

You have to kinda of wonder who would buy this for $87,000 + and why?

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Wow, I don't know about this. I mean, how morbid, yet at the same time, how cool. Even if I were rich, I don't think I'd buy it, but it would be interesting to see. If the Oswald family purchased it for the funeral, then don't they technically still own it?

Just because you bury someone in something, doesn't mean you give up your ownership rights.

Never, EVER thought that would be a sentence I would write.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
Wow, I don't know about this. I mean, how morbid, yet at the same time, how cool. Even if I were rich, I don't think I'd buy it, but it would be interesting to see. If the Oswald family purchased it for the funeral, then don't they technically still own it?

------------------------

I would think so
Guess it will now be up to the courts to decide.

top topics

join