It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumbest thing i've read today.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
From a person on facebook:

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech
It is the soldier, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote
It is the solider, who salutes the flag, serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the pro...tester the right to burn the flag...

typical soldier attitude: "i fight so that you can have freedom"

I swear i get sick to my stomach every time i hear that.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
yes it is the soldier who gave us our freedoms...the revolutionary war soldier. As for the ongoing wars, not quite. I think the world war 2 veterans maybe but I don't see how a clandestine CIA operation in Afghanistan really gives us freedom of the press.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It is quite obvious that you have a lack of understanding when it comes to these matters of protecting you and yours. What is it that you think should happen when a person threatens you, your life, your family and or your freedoms? Perhaps you should delve a little further into just what that statement means that you posted previous to making such a ridiculous judgment about it.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by savageheartWhat is it that you think should happen when a person threatens you, your life, your family and or your freedoms?

This is what America has been doing overseas for years.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Heres another one for you, and your brilliant mind...because they fight, you have the right to tell us your sick of hearing that too.

I suggest you go hug a soldier, apologize for your attitude and grow up.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

Please explain this response as I for one am not understanding just what it is you are trying to convey here.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Heres another one for you, and your brilliant mind...because they fight, you have the right to tell us your sick of hearing that too.

Actually i have the right to tell you guys because of free will, because i as a human being can do and say whatever i want

And to the other guy...im pretty sure that me or my family haven't been threatened by any kind of external threat such as the "taliban" I'm sorry, but the soldiers aren't fighting for our freedoms but for the interests of international bankers...and if you don't believe something along the lines of this i question why your on ATS in the first place...
edit on 18-1-2011 by Thyhorrorcosmic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

boo hoo they can get shot with bullets beaten up but if u tell a soldier they suck they have a whinge and probably become violent.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Thyhorrorcosmic

Your half right...you do have the freedom to do these things because you are indeed a human, what your failing to understand is that you are allowed to express your God given right of free speech because you live in a country that protects your right to do so...if you were in China you might have a different perspective as the secret police crash in your door and arrest you for expressing your mind concerning their military or government.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic

Actually i have the right to tell you guys because of free will, because i as a human being can do and say whatever i want

And to the other guy...im pretty sure that me or my family haven't been threatened by any kind of external threat such as the "taliban" I'm sorry, but the soldiers aren't fighting for our freedoms but for the interests of international bankers...and if you don't believe something along the lines of this i question why your on ATS in the first place...
edit on 18-1-2011 by Thyhorrorcosmic because: (no reason given)

Well said. I am tired of that line too. Wars are for bankers and their profit.
No soldier today is protecting my freedom : AND THATS A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

That just didnt make any sense at all man... lol

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Your half right...you do have the freedom to do these things because you are indeed a human, what your failing to understand is that you are allowed to express your God given right of free speech because you live in a country that protects your right to do so...if you were in China you might have a different perspective as the secret police crash in your door and arrest you for expressing your mind concerning their military or government.

They do that here don't they?? they'll arrest you on the streets for giving your 2 cents.

link   
I could tell you what the dumbest thing I'VE read today is.... you might find it a bit ironic.

Why is there such hatred for our soldiers? Last I checked the soldiers didn't get to actively vote on the what, where, and when, of their next mission. I appreciate thier heart.

Now if you want to talk about how sick it makes me that the government uses these men and women as disposable assasins... whole other story.

link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Your words reveal your ignorance on this subject.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

That statement simply isnt based on any fact, your argument is founded in your emotions and little logic. Honestly, you and I would agree to much about the government...but you need to base your point on something solid not general statements like being arrested for giving your "2 cents". Honestly, bring some solid examples and I would be more than happy to even possibly share your sentiments.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

But, see, today they're not really protecting us anymore. They're protecting corporate interests in the Middle East and soon Asia. Who protects me here is law enforcement...especially from terrorists.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

reply to post by cluckerspud

"Your words reveal your ignorance on this subject"

Is that copy written? I see refrigerator magnets.

+3 more 
link   

Originally posted by Thyhorrorcosmic
From a person on facebook:

It is the solider, who salutes the flag, serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who gives the pro...tester the right to burn the flag...

typical soldier attitude: "i fight so that you can have freedom"

I swear i get sick to my stomach every time i hear that.

It is the solider who gets paid by armed goons called IRS agents.

During the American Revolution, most of the freedom fighters were unpaid farmers. They fought because they felt the collection of taxes was an unbearable tyranny.

Most of them came back from the war penniless to find out that the American banks had begun taking their land.

Go read about Shay's rebellion.

The militia, an unpaid organization of citizen soldiers, is the backbone of freedom.

Standing armies are a tyranny.

Standing armies are paid mercenaries who fight for a paycheck. Militias only fight when their freedom is threatened.

edit on 18-1-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

link   
They updated it since you last read it.

Revised version:

It is the solider, who worships the flag, serves under the flag, and whose coffin will be draped by the flag.
It is the solider, who blindly fights a disastrous war, and makes their (TPTB's) pockets fatter.
It is the solider, who didn't wake up when we needed them most.
It is the solider, who has agreed to turn upon their own citizens if asked to.

I think I like the revised better.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I could tell you what the dumbest thing I'VE read today is.... you might find it a bit ironic.

Why is there such hatred for our soldiers? Last I checked the soldiers didn't get to actively vote on the what, where, and when, of their next mission. I appreciate thier heart.

Now if you want to talk about how sick it makes me that the government uses these men and women as disposable assasins... whole other story.

Don't get me wrong, i feel for these soldiers having to do extremely scary tasks and possibly losing their life...but they knew darn well what they were signing up for, nobody forced them. I don't HATE the soldiers, but its a very sad story when you hear a soldier trying to say hes fighting for our freedom when he really isn't...now if the chinese came over to our country and put their tanks and troops in our streets and tried to change our way of life then thats when they can say they are protecting our freedom. What i do hate is the scumbags in government that use our soldiers' lives for profit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join