It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLICE BRUTALITY - Iraq Veteran Gets Tasered & Beat Down @ Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this video of a local news cast?

One police officer pulls him out of view of the camera and start viscously beating him. A second rushes up and repeatedly tasers him.

He never lifted a finger to attack them nor was he being offensive. He never even defended himself.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
maybe they were legal immigrants orphaned by bullets fired from the iraq veterans gun

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Another report that will go nowhere.
TSA, much like the CIA, is looking more and more like it's above the law.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Look, this is really hard to say, and if I said this to his face he'd probably punch me in the face and I'd deserve it, but it has to be said, this veteran went to a war based on a lie in order to bring America into a police state, and now he reaps what he sowed. I feel sorry for him, and I really wish this kind of insanity would stop, but step back a second and realize that this veteran helped to bring in this police state, not entirely by himself by any means, but when it comes to tyranny what goes around comes around. In a few years we'll hear about how the police officers who beat up this veteran will get his pension stolen and jailed for not mowing their grass or something else ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Look, this is really hard to say, and if I said this to his face he'd probably punch me in the face and I'd deserve it, but it has to be said, this veteran went to a war based on a lie in order to bring America into a police state, and now he reaps what he sowed. I feel sorry for him, and I really wish this kind of insanity would stop, but step back a second and realize that this veteran helped to bring in this police state, not entirely by himself by any means, but when it comes to tyranny what goes around comes around. In a few years we'll hear about how the police officers who beat up this veteran will get his pension stolen and jailed for not mowing their grass or something else ridiculous.

I am totally against the military industrial complex and they way our ELECTED officials are selling out and being used by corporations.

BUT

This vet swore to uphold the Constitution of the United States. That is what he went into service to do. None of the things you suggested.

There are a lot of us vets in here now continuing to uphold our oath by raising awareness.

So you need to back off suggesting an individual soldier is reaping what he sowed when he did not sow any of this ****.

Put your ire where it is deserved. Bush and Cheney are good starts...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

while I sorta agree in spirit with philosophia here
especially about the eventual fate of these cops.

never generalize/make sweeping statements
this guy was reserve, those folks are more the helping hand aspect
not everybody who did a tour in Afghanistan or Iraq or wherever killed/raped women/babies/civilians, a lot of people "miss", especially when in a large group, I know I would if I'd been drafted or whatever

as OP points out as well a lot of these dupes/cannon fodder [not you pianopraze] wise up and not just when something like this happens to/ comes to their attention. quite a few learned who the real enemy is, they simply "just have not begun to fight".

pianopraze: hope you dont' mind but i've linked your post to the 14 yr afghan girl thread which is now into 13 pages of warpedness now implying girl raped her attackers.

there is still time for me to remove it, so just let me know.

philosophia loved that last bit it's the nature of the system.

edit on 18-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: forgot to add clarification

um no wrong not post, thread i think the former is a violation not sure
edit on 18-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added IMPORTANT clarification

edit on Tue Jan 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Yes he swore to uphold the constitution but how does the Iraq war uphold the constitution? I realize you are upset but so am I, I'm holding back as it is but I will not shut up. I swore my own oath not to do that. I was careful to not put all the blame on this one guy, I know Bush and Cheney was more responsible, but I think you are trying to deny that we do in fact reap what we sow.
edit on 18-1-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jan 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Uncalled for use of force, there should be public outrage. The public should demand that officer fired, tried and sentenced! This Iraq veteran needs to file a lawsuit. Let's dismantle this police state.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
That's crazy. He should file a lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

while I sorta agree in spirit with philosophia here
especially about the eventual fate of these cops.

never generalize/make sweeping statements
this guy was reserve, those folks are more the helping hand aspect
not everybody who did a tour in Afghanistan or Iraq or wherever killed/raped women/babies/civilians, a lot of people "miss", especially when in a large group, I know I would if I'd been drafted or whatever

as OP points out as well a lot of these dupes/cannon fodder [not you pianopraze] wise up and not just when something like this happens to/ comes to their attention. quite a few learned who the real enemy is, they simply "just have not begun to fight".

pianopraze: hope you dont' mind but i've linked your post to the 14 yr afghan girl thread which is now into 13 pages of warpedness now implying girl raped her attackers.

there is still time for me to remove it, so just let me know.

philosophia loved that last bit it's the nature of the system.

edit on 18-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: forgot to add clarification

um no wrong not post, thread i think the former is a violation not sure
edit on 18-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added IMPORTANT clarification

Feel free to link as you like

We must not confuse the patriotic young men and women who Idealistically join our Armed forces for the bought out politicians who sell their souls and sell out our nation for $$$.

Most join for a chance at eduction, a good job, to see the world, because they love our country and such ideals. Maybe 1 in 1000 is a sick sociopath but I'm sure the numbers closely mirror that of the rest of society (and the military weeds them out pretty quick). And even if they are not found, these sick sociopaths are guilty of only killing or harming few compared to the thousands and millions our politicians kill.

These youngsters sacrifice their bodies and minds to uphold an ideal. Our constitution. They are placed in hell but they still come out with a willingness to defend it to the death. That is why we vets are put on the watch list immediately. We swore an oath they are breaking so that makes us instant enemies. We are used and tossed away broken but we do not go quietly into the night. We raise our voice, and you hear mine here.

Our nation was founded upon some of the best ideals every espoused. We must defend it. Just because rats have infested our house does not mean we should abandon it. We should get pesticides and rid ourselves of them while we still live in a democracy which we can do it with non-violence.

It takes you, and me standing up and standing strong. Not selling out for money. That is why they fear us vets most of all. We are idealists. So do not condemn those vets around you. They are some of your greatest allies in the fight for our country. A fight we are fighting right here and now in this forum and on this site. A fight for the hearts and minds of our nation.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
99% percent in agreement with you there

re link I seem to be unlucky tonight large quotes above/earlier
and the link got zapped as off topic
which I guess its true when I think about it that thread isn't about me tuanting bullies...

hmmm could be digging myself deeper here so I'm signing off and gonna watch a couple of episodes of...

hmmm....

have a nice day/night

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join