It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Vacuum Cleaner Cams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Digicams are cheap and ubiquitous. (I keep one in the car)

Cell Phones are cheap and ubiquitous. (I keep one in the car)

Why is it that when the two are combined they merit a category of their own? The "phone" part of the cam-phone is as superfluous as the vacuum cleaner part of my vacuum cleaner cam

[edit on 10-7-2004 by deevee]

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm used to posts falling into the nobody gives a rat's arse pit but I thought that board questions at least got a response. I'm dead serious. Why is a phone with a camera attached a bigger deal than just a camera? You have a camera phone, big phreakin deal. Why can you post a crappy low res pic that I cant because my cam is physically separated from my phone. Cam phones are everywhere. They are not "special" unless you define special as annoying.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Camera Phones can be taken anywhere. You cna take pictures with them and immediantly send them to the Camera Phone section. A regular camera cant do that. This is for instant upload of pictures when things are actually happening. If you take it with a digital camera then you gotta wait til you get home...get it on your comp...then upload it somewhere and put it on ATS. Camera Phone you can just do it instantly. If that is waht your asking?

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
DOH!!!!!
Thanks
But I'm still pissed about being ignored

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
it wouldnt be easy for perverts to take pictures up girls skirts on an escalator with a vacuum phone.

thats why there isn't a mass marketed vacuum phone

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo
it wouldnt be easy for perverts to take pictures up girls skirts on an escalator with a vacuum phone.

thats why there isn't a mass marketed vacuum phone

lol - yeah...I feel your anger though deevee - I'm about to cycle through probablly my 6th phone now, and all my buds have a camera phone...so it's been crossing my mind, even tho I think the pictures they take are crap and I'd much rather play with my Nikon...lol

It's just all about multi-tasking these days....now they have phones with ten second or more digital video recorders built into them

I hear that next it's going to be the TIVO of cell phones, where you can actually pause a person live in your conversation while they're still talking, come back from work later and implant your ideas in their brain via data time travel.....

It's the same as these palm pilots that do a million things - if you think your active enough to own a Honda Element, rich enough to dirty up your Porsche Cayenne Turbo true SUV style, and shallow enough to buy an original Les Paul for your first guitar lesson, then chances are there are people out there willing enough to put down an extra 100-200 dollars for a phoen that takes pictures....just one more gadget that Swiss Army now has to figure out how to incorporate on their knives to stay in the power curve - lol

new topics

top topics

join