It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible REAL Link Between Corexit and Mass Animal Deaths

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ok, Ok... I know there have been a bunch of these posts already but I have researched them and haven't seen this come up yet.

FISH EMULSION

How many of you know what this is?

Let me explain....

Fish emulsion is nothing more than ground up fish parts of fish that we normally don't eat, the most common being used is the menhaden, also known as mossbunker, bunker and pogy. These fish parts CAN come from all over the world and the people who make fish emulsion usually don't examine the source of the fish, but guess where menhaden come from and where 90% of the fish used in emulsions come from?

You're gonna love this.... there are two kinds of menhaden.... Gulf and Atlantic!

Gulf menhaden range from the Yucatán Peninsula, Mexico to Tampa Bay, Florida, finescale menhaden from the Yucatán to Louisiana, yellowfin menhaden from Louisiana to Virginia. The Atlantic menhaden ranges from Jupiter Inlet, Florida, to Nova Scotia. The various species of menhaden occur anywhere from estuarine waters outwards to the continental shelf.

It goes on to say (bold added for emphasis):

Presently, menhaden are an important input for fishmeal and fish oil, with both of these "reduction" products being used as feed for livestock and aquaculture, such as salmon, and in the case of fish oil for human consumption as a dietary supplement. Atlantic menhaden are an important link between plankton and upper level predators. Because of their filter feeding abilities, “menhaden consume and redistribute a significant amount of energy within and between Chesapeake Bay and other estuaries, and the coastal ocean.”[5] Because they play this role, and their abundance, menhaden are an invaluable prey species for many predatory fish, such as striped bass, bluefish, mackerel, flounder, tuna, Drum_(fish), and sharks. They are also a very important food source for many birds, including egrets, ospreys, seagulls, northern gannets, pelicans, and herons.

According to James Kirkley of the Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS), there are two established commercial fisheries for menhaden. The first is known as a reduction fishery. According to the Omega Protein Corporation, this fishery's output produces omega-3 oils for human consumption, and for aquaculture, swine, and other livestock feeds.[6] The second is known as a bait fishery, which harvests menhaden for the use of both commercial and recreational fishermen. Commercial fishermen, especially crabbers in the Chesapeake Bay area, use menhaden to bait their traps or hooks. The recreational fisherman use ground menhaden chum as a fish attractant, and whole fish as bait. The total harvest is approximately 500 million animals per year.[7]

Wiki

What's incredibly scary is that we all know what fish oil is used for.... so I'm thinking of contacting the company listed to see what measures they have taken to ensure that their fish oil is not contaminated, since they provide it to most other nutritional companies that produce fish oil supplements. I'm guessing that they are not testing their oil extractions or emulsions for any derivatives of Corexit.

Even more importantly, what is fish emulsion used for?

AGRICULTURE.

Fish emulsion is used as a natural fertilizer for pretty much ALL crops. Yes, read that again... fish emulsion is used as a FERTILIZER by pretty much any farmer that knows a thing or two about farming.

Now, let's think about this for a minute....

The main fish that is used in fish emulsion fertilizers comes from the Gulf of Mexico and along the eastern Atlantic. Then we have fertilizer run-off into the water supply, which happens everywhere because after you water your crops, it sinks back into the groundwater supply, right? And, if this emulsion is being sprayed on crops, wouldn't this also transfer to insects, birds, cows and other kinds of animals, basically moving right up the food chain? This could very well explain why -

1) the events are all over the world, but mostly in the US. (we consume our own and sell here and there)
2) why it's hitting everything from crabs to cows
3) why the largest numbers of deaths are north of the Gulf of Mexico and around there and the eastern seaboard
4) why this continues to spread at a steady pace

My fear is that this is going to silently end up in fish oil supplements and that most of our food supply with have small enough amounts of Corexit to end up poisoning people all over the world. Could this have been the motive all along? Can the Corexit components even be tested for in these things once they are eaten or digested/processed by the animals?

Thoughts? Opinions? Contradicting evidence?

Please, I hope I'm wrong... for the sake of everyone.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
You may be onto an angle I hadn't even thought of...I just know that Corexit scares the **** outta me.
Great post! Thank you

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Interesting and plausible as far as I can see.
Thanks for the thread!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hmmm...you know I had a similar thought earlier too when looking at the map of where the deaths were occurring (the map posted in the time line thread...I know there are others) and was trying to see if there were any patterns that might link it to Corexit.

And here you come with this thread that crystallizes the thought. Fish emulsion...makes a good bit of sense.There might even be fish in some foods? Many marine biologists and biologists did warn, didn't they, that the aftereffects would be affecting the food chain for a very long time?

And the way they were spraying that stuff, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if it got into the food supply in other ways too. But the emulsion theory and fertilizer would certainly account for the widespread occurrences with no seeming patterns. Now to try to trace sources to support this theory.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
and don't forget how now they are having the army buy most of the gulf sea food. If they aren't giving the soldiers agent orange, stealing their pensions, or sending them to die in an oil war, they are feeding them contaminated seafood. God bless Amerika

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Not trying to buzzkill the OP, because I think it's an interesting angle, but if the blackbirds died because of Corexit, then it would have had to of been a substantial quantity they consumed to have killed them all at once, right?

Where would Blackbirds in Arkansas have consumed enough Fish Emulsions at high enough concentrations to have died all at once?
edit on 18-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'm looking into sources now... from what I understand, almost ALL fish emulsion in the US comes from one provider of the two listed in my OP. That doesn't appear to be the same case for fish oil that is used in supplements, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

If that is true about the biggest fish emulsion maker being located in along the Gulf, any fish emulsion made with fish from there is poisoned and already on it's way to other countries/farmers.

For some reason, I don't have faith that one of the biggest providers of fish emulsion would stop production even if they knew the fish was tainted. It basically shuts their entire business down with no alternatives, so I just don't have the faith anymore in businesses that they would put people's health and best interests ahead of their bottom line... but that's just how I see it.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Not trying to buzzkill the OP, because I think it's an interesting angle, but if the blackbirds died because of Corexit, then it would have had to of been a substantial quantity they consumed to have killed them all at once, right?

Where would Blackbirds in Arkansas have consumed enough Fish Emulsions at high enough concentrations to have died all at once?
edit on 18-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

The fish emulsion would have been used to fertilize crops... so let's say it's used on grains that those kinds of birds eat. They all land, they pick and eat, they all fly away. Most likely, they all metabolize the food at the same rate, so one by one, within a short period, the birds that ate the fish emulsion sprayed food would start dropping and showing signs of poison. Isn't that what is reported in most of the reports? Botulism and signs of poisoning? At least for the birds, that is a very easily plausible scenario.

Without taking tainted fish emulsion and testing it, then spraying it on bird feed, then letting a bird eat it and watch the reaction, there is no way to be certain, but after paying very careful attention to the facts, this is the conclusion I've arrived at... that if the Corexit is in the fish in the Gulf, it's in fish emulsion and therefore, in our crops already.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Does no body find the name of the chemical to be a bit suspicious corexit or (corrects it) like *if you spill an ass load of oil in the ocean we got something that corrects it*

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Does anyone know what concentration of Corexit would be considered lethal to a small bird?

I saw a post recently that documented measured amounts of the Corexit components, which were toxic, in the Gulf waters. I'm not sure if they tested fish or not, but every animal is different. Fish may be less sensitive to certain chemicals while birds die immediately from them.

With Corexit being so "hush hush" and there not being enough tests or papers on it's damaging effects, it will be very hard to link, but like I said, this seems to be the only good explanation that is simple and makes the most sense at the moment.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Anyone??

Second.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

This is pretty well thought out. And stunning. Time lines from raw materials to production to application would probably be another thing to look into? I hope to hell China hasn't bought some of this stuff for pet food.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Just wait until you see how much fish emulsion is used in agriculture...

I have been growing my own foods for a while now and fish emulsion is a must, so if I'm using it, just imagine where else it's being used. Then, consider that the crops are further processed with other ingredients that could potentially act as a catalyst that could lead to even worse combinations.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

SOTLOO I think you are really on to something here!

if it could be proved that gulf fish meal harvested since the disaster is being used as fertilizer ! Just wow!
that would be premeditated genocide ! Just wait to see what happens when food raised with fertilizer like this does to the food chain,HOLY MACKEREL!! pun intended ,how would anyone avoid being poisoned by this in a global market ?

friggen scary

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Excellent work. Thank you.

I'm a gardener. Grow my own food, enrich the soil with things like fish emulsion. It's all scary stuff. And it doesn't quit.

Everything is connected. When in Hades are people gonna get it?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde

SOTLOO I think you are really on to something here!

if it could be proved that gulf fish meal harvested since the disaster is being used as fertilizer ! Just wow!
that would be premeditated genocide ! Just wait to see what happens when food raised with fertilizer like this does to the food chain,HOLY MACKEREL!! pun intended ,how would anyone avoid being poisoned by this in a global market ?

friggen scary

Thank you!

I'm not sure at this point how we could avoid it given the way this stuff is used. Fish emulsion is a very very popular fertilizer.

My big concern also is what happens when Corexit is mixed with other chemicals found in agriculture and processing plants? Does it produce other things that normally wouldn't be there? Do the molecules from the Corexit bind with things in the soil?

I feel like we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I'm also an avid gardener and grow my own organic food, which is the only reason I probably connected this.

I use a combination of kelp and fish emulsion or fish meal, bat guano, steamed bone meal... and what sucks is that a lot of these are derived from ingredients in the Gulf. Not only that, but the feeds that are used to feed bats and other animals that produce guano will probably have trace amounts of Corexit products in it, even on the brands that say "organic", because as far as they are concerned, they are right out of the ocean, so how could they be contaminated?

I will be contacting various companies that use different fish parts from fish caught in the Gulf and see if they are doing any kind of testing for Corexit, or it's individual parts.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I probably should have put this in the general conspiracies section... I don't think anyone reads the BP disaster forum anymore... maybe I'm wrong but I think people's general awareness of this should be boosted so I may try to repost there later.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Interesting hypothesis...

The moment i saw the map with the markers for birds die-off my mind went to BP.
There have been cases in other parts of the world.
If we could pinpoint an exporter or product or something with ties to all the regions where this is happening, we may have something to start working on...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

My jar of bat guano is still almost full, will start saving egg shells again (throw em in the blender, mix the powder into the soil.) Anything but MiracleGro!

Do you know how long it takes for Corexit to breakdown, become neutralized/inert? If it does?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join