It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take off your shoes,NOW

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by inxion
I envy you people who can enjoy 365day warm climate in south, here in Northern Europe almost half a year it's too cold and too much snow to walk barefoot

Tell me about it.. blaahh, only 3 months of warm weather..

On a side note, what's up with wearing shoes inside the house americans? Never understood that, it's crazy!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
what am i supposed to do? start walking around town barefoot?

You think this would really help me feel better healthwise? Imagine the calluses?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I only ware shoes in winter and at work. no shoes in summer
!! been doing that for years.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Where I come from, we are all barefooted except during working hours and even then I'll go barefooted as much as possible.

That is extremely dangerous.you could be cut and get an infection and die a slow horrible death from sceptaseamia.

or worse your legs and feet could be amputated if MRSA get inside you.

you need to wear boots ASAP.

you could even spread disease to other people making you into a health and safety health hazard.

there should be a law against it.

i always wear thick soled rubber boots and would never ever go anywhere bare foot.even inside the house as everywhere is covered in dangerous germs waiting to breed and kill you from inside.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Where I come from, we are all barefooted except during working hours and even then I'll go barefooted as much as possible.

there should be a law against it.

i always wear thick soled rubber boots and would never ever go anywhere bare foot.even inside the house as everywhere is covered in dangerous germs waiting to breed and kill you from inside.

Becky becky becky ,i am not sure if you are joking,but i will assume you are deadly serious.You wear your shoes in the house ,the same shoes that are covered in outside germs from walking in the shop,walking in a public toilet,walking through years of built up vomit ,blood and urine,dragging those germs into your carpet , then depositing those germs deep down into the fibres,embedding them in every corner of your life.Break free from the shackles of footwear and run through the fields feeling the very dirt that giveth and take awayeth.Feel the dirt,taste the dirt,Become the dirt

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingviolet

Totally agree with that statement and the OP. There is nothing at all more natural than beong outside in amongst mud and dirt. Children should be palying outside, digging holes, playing in sand and on the grass. The parents of today who dont allow their children playtime outside and give into the Xbox or PS3 will have a lot to answer for in due course i'm sure. My child will be playing outside most of his free time when he is old enough to look after himself.

As for the shoe thing, i truely believe it to be true, walking in bare feet gives me a very comforting feeling, and to be honest maes me feel young again. Cant wait for summer so i can start doing it again!!

S&F

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Maybe this is how the Barefoot Bandit committed all those super human "crimes"?

Anyway I heard that when planting a garden, it's best to work the soil with your bare feet, I mean actually work the soil using your feet, since you release most of your toxins through your feet, so the vegetables you plant can get the composition of the toxins in your body and create anti-toxins that will rid them from your body when you eat them. I also hear it's best to water them with distilled water, after soaking your feet in the water for the same purpose. There's more to it, such as holding the seeds under your tounge before planting, etc. but it makes perfect sense to me.

On that note I feel bad for all the mitochondriacs posting in this thread. It must suck to live such a stressful life. I personally walk barefoot unless there's snow on the ground. My feet rarely get cold.
edit on 1-2-2011 by havenvideo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
We know about that offer in USA made earthing shoes that allow our feet to function closest to how they were naturally designed & that’s barefoot. There website is earthrunners.com related that. They design was inspired by American huarache running sandals, to read more about they and there sandals they offered for us.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

TheLaughingGod

On a side note, what's up with wearing shoes inside the house americans? Never understood that, it's crazy!

We kick them off at the door [if we are wearing them]. I am only truly unyielding with the kiddos in regards to shoes and headgear in the house.

punctual
Imagine the calluses?

Legitimate bare-footers do not have calluses. They [calluses] are actually very bad. Create undue pressure points when in shoes and when they get too thick they crack, tear off violently, or blister underneath leading to infection. Feet [and hands for that matter] should be like couch leather; resilient yet supple.

In regards to the winter "problem"... I am of the very anecdotal opinion [my anecdotal opinion at that], that the body's thermostat is controlled by the feet. I.E. As the seasons change [and the ground temperature changes] you are more readily able to increase or decrease your core temperature in response.

Currently, I can be comfortably bare foot in shorts with a long sleeve waffle top to about 35-38 F. When the ground has visible frost, I put on my flipflops or feelmaxes until the frost or freeze is gone as a mitigation to potential frost burn. On occasion I have taken a few temp readings, and I have noted 99 - 99.4 F. Was just curious at the time.

I have noticed I wear less clothes in the winter; I do not get chilled as easily. I have also noted that winter chapping and chafing in response to air and temp changes has been effectively eradicated.

I go everywhere barefooted that allows it

...and 25 F is my current limit, where I am not acclimated to temps below that [YET!] And I have had Zero chances the last few years to brave snow barefooted. Looking forward to it

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I love feeling the earth beneath my feet...sometimes...on quiet days by the lake...you can hear her breath

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Throughout most of my adolescence, I insisted on being barefoot all the time. My high school eventually gave up trying to force me to put on shoes.

I don't know why I did this, it was just the only way I was happy.
Surprisingly, I did not have calluses, but was not overly sensitive either. I never got sick back then.

I lived in So. Calif. so weather permitted it. I don't feel it is possible where I am now. The snow and frost outside turn me off of any thought of going barefoot. In summer, however, I revert to barefoot whenever possible, and found it especially pleasurable to do my running in the forest without shoes!

I have always kept my horse barefoot too, and she has never suffered any negative effects- on the contrary, a short period of being shod caused nothing but problems, that cleared up once we took them off again. (slightly off subject, but I suspect some of the benefits for barefoot horses are the same for humans, like the increase in blood circulation...)
edit on 26-1-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join