It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take off your shoes,NOW

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hi all ,I was listening to radio and heard about this place called the www.earthinginstitute.net... they were talking about the electrical impulses we receive from the Earth,and how wearing rubber or plastic soled shoes was insulating your body from these vital Earth electrons.The guy was talking about an experiment he tried in which he grounded his bed with wires to the ground,and how it relieved him of years of pain and resulted in him having a better sleep without the need for painkillers.Very interesting and may have a lot to do with reported changes in the earth's frequency causing various ailments and possible extending to the animal world.(bird deaths?)

So take off your shoes and get in touch with the ground.

www.earthinginstitute.net...
Here is an excerpt from the homepage
Throughout time, we humans have strolled, sat, stood, and slept on the ground—the skin of our bodies touching the skin of the Earth—oblivious to the fact that such physical contact transfers natural electrical energy to the body.

Modern lifestyle has disconnected us from the Earth’s energy, making us more vulnerable to stress and illness.

Earthing is the landmark discovery that this energy upholds the electrical stability of our bodies and serves as a foundation for vitality and health.

In an age of rampant chronic disease, reconnecting with the Earth’s energy beneath our very feet provides a way back to better health.

We are bioelectrical beings living on an electrical planet.

www.earthinginstitute.net...
www.next-up.org...
edit on 18-1-2011 by 12voltz because: of the pain

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Where I come from, we are all barefooted except during working hours and even then I'll go barefooted as much as possible.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Nice post, your absolutely right.

I can't recommend getting in touch with Earth enough...

Wearing shoes also destroys your posture, coordination, and balance. Can you even move your toes? Go barefoot or get some 'fivefingers' and strengthen your feet/ankles. It does wonders.

I dread putting on boots in the winter, but with these spring conditions they won't last.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, very interesting. I do love going barefoot in the summer, but how am I supposed to do that in winter?? : )

Here's an interesting article that says:

By working in the soil, this healthy cloud of bacteria swirls around you. By breathing it in, it helps stimulate the growth of brain cells. According to scientists at Sage Colleges in New York, research indicates that M. vaccae may play a role in reducing anxiety and improving the ability to learn new tasks. It is suggested that our children will be better learners if they spend more time in the garden.

Here's the Link

We are always connected and it seems that the more we connect to Earth the more it brings healing to us and possibly vice versa (Or I'd like to think so)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
very true. i always have an urge to walk barefoot in summer. sucks its all wintery and cold here at the moment

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Nice post. I recently watched a documentary about a tribe somewhere who regularly run hundreds of miles without rest barefooted. Some scientists then did tests to try and figure out how they do this, and they came to the conclusion that it was simply because they don't wear shoes. The tests showed that shoes make people run unnaturally.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I thought what you said about the man sleeping in a grounded bed was interesting. Did you know in the Bible it tells us to sleep close to the ground? I have often wondered about that, but perhaps this lends some insight.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hazz-14
Nice post. I recently watched a documentary about a tribe somewhere who regularly run hundreds of miles without rest barefooted. Some scientists then did tests to try and figure out how they do this, and they came to the conclusion that it was simply because they don't wear shoes. The tests showed that shoes make people run unnaturally.

They're in Mexico...saw the same doc. Apparently when we run in shoes we run heel to toe, but when we run bare-footed we run on the balls of our feet, reaching with our toes toward the next step (this is true, just try it and you'll feel the difference).

Also (and I really loved this part), they think that they gain the nutritional energy through a corn beer which all the tribemen drink CONSTANTLY! Like all day long! I'm moving there, drinking and running my arse off!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Very cool. I believe there has long been a practice in the Native American culture called grounding, and this sounds very similar. I've tried it and it seems to work on a lot of levels. Thanks for the reminder

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
To ground yourself to the Earth, just grab your faucet every now and then.
No need to dirty yourself.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I've heard your body actually absorbs things through the feet as well, and that if you step on a clove of garlic you will actually taste it in your mouth. I think its possible that your body can absorb important nutrients and minerals when going barefoot just through the skin of the feet. I am an avid barefoot person, except in the wintertime as it is really too cold right now.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I go barefooted a lot. Most of the time if I don't have to wear shoes I take them off. I go barefooted outside some, but there are so many acorns in the yard that it hurts. Also I have to watch out for dog poop, my own, and the ten or so other strays from the neighborhood that seem to want to use our yard.

Right now I have on a double set of socks because it is cold. I guess the electrons can get through socks though.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I rarely wear shoes except when doing heavy work or riding,but i believe that not wearing shoes helped in my recovery from a bad accident on a bike where i shattered my hip and leg.I would like to try the bed grounding because i do have problems not going to sleep but waking during sleep.It cant hurt having an electric bed i guess,unless theres an electrical storm

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You do realize that one of the biggest killers of early man up to only 200 years ago, was sleeping on damp ground. Causing bronchial pneumonia.

Your idea is too simplistic and does not take into account all the dangers of not having false floors and shoes..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Well where I come from during the summer when I was a child I was always barefoot. As I've grown up things have changed but I still enjoy being barefooted on the grass. Shoes are nice however on rocky surfaces and they help protect your feet.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Soil contains such a range of bacterium, not to mention everything that our Atmosphere needs to rid itself of via rain and snowfall. As much as the recommendation of going barefoot seems reasonable, it is not worth the infection nor absorption.

If you ask me whoever is promoting this sort of thing obviously has not taken in account the mess in the Gulf, nor other such things. Can you imagine the kind of sewage that sits within the soil line of New Orleans? Katrina spread that mess from one end to the other and now people are going to find that most of this stuff suspends in the soil where it is stored.

Has anyone heard what happens when you tear down a forest? Yes, that is right, a load of bacteria and organisms that will send you screaming in the night. The soil captures these things purposely so that they can be contained.

I highly suspect this is another attempt by some power to get people to start exposing themselves to whatever it is that will harm them sooner than not. Why would I say this? Ummmm, let see, Chem-trails, Corexit, and GOD only knows what else Monsanto or whoever has put into crops that is killing our birds and wildlife! It all ends up in the soil in the end!

Sorry, I may be paranoid but I am keeping my shoes on thank you very much. I still get my hands in the soil and often I wonder why my fingertips throb at night; I am a daily gardener and I am constantly breaking "new" ground. I suggest that this advice of no shoes needs a bit more scrutiny!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Your right ,This thread really only applies to people who live in a clean environment ,but then again as long as you are not walking in dog crap,stagnant mud or water,oil,used needles,glass jagged rocks etc.,you should be relatively safe ,but of course consult your Physician before walking barefoot

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Greetings To Everyone;

When I was very young my mom could not keep shoes on my feet. I could run (top speed) over almost anything, crushed stone, stone wall fence and the like. Always on the balls of my feet with much more control with the toes hitting the ground first.

Now that I'm in my 40's I've started to go back to being bare foot in the summer when I can. I do love to where my croc's outside and have been looking at the Vibram Five fingers as of late. They definitely have a advantage in maneuverability.

I have also been sun gazing for almost two years now and my currant time is twenty one minutes. You have to do it bare foot, on sand or dirt, in order to receive to true benefits of the sun/earth vibrational frequency. In the winter I stand in the bathtub to ground out in the morning during sunrise. It's not as good but it helps to hold the twenty one minutes during the winter months. I look forward to the summer months as this winter has been very cloudy.

For those of you who are interested the web site is as follows. solarhealing.com

In Love, Light and Wisdom
trinity369

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by trinity369

,I read about that sungazing a week ago in a thread,But you say you have been doing it for years ,do you get any benefits ,side effects Good and bad?Blindness!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

Modern lifestyle has disconnected us from the Earth’s energy, making us more vulnerable to stress and illness

Earths "emergy" hmmm.

Earthing is the landmark discovery that this energy upholds the electrical stability of our bodies and serves as a foundation for vitality and health.

This sentence means literally nothing

In an age of rampant chronic disease, reconnecting with the Earth’s energy beneath our very feet provides a way back to better health.

We suffer less disease and ill health then at any time EVER in the history of the world, people used to die at the age of 20 for gods sake,

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join