It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

America's Growing Culture Of Hate

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:
df1

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Islamophobia is alive and well in the US, starting with the authorities down to individuals such as radio talk show host Jay Severin who, according to the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR,) claimed that Muslims want to take over America even if it takes centuries, adding "I've got an idea. Let's all kill Muslims." Amazingly Severin is still in his job, although he has been forced to apologize on air...

...Paul Harvey, who when talking about cockfighting in Iraq, said, "Add to the thirst for blood a religion which encourages killing, and it is entirely understandable if Americans come to this bloody party unprepared."

...Dr. Laura, heard by 12 million listeners, is said by CAIR to have "crossed the line from legitimate commentary on terrorism to Islamophobic bigotry." Her rant began when she was asked by a mother whether her 16-year-old daughter should be allowed to attend a local mosque to learn how "Muslims are treated" in America. Answered the wizened physiologist: "...You're joking of course. How many Americans have tortured and murdered Muslims... I think you ought to stand up against this class and this teacher. This is despicable. You tell him you are willing to go to the mosque only if it is one that has done its best to root out terrorists in its midst..."
onlinejournal.com...

Just lovely, these commentators claim to be God fearing people. I suppose I would tell muslims not to be concerned, these slimeballs from the religious right treat everybody that does not conform to their views in the same manner. This bunch of intolerant bigots represent everything that is wrong with america and make even howard stern appear civil.

God Save America.
.




posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
Islamophobia is alive and well in the US, starting with the authorities down to individuals such as radio talk show host Jay Severin who, according to the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR,) claimed that Muslims want to take over America even if it takes centuries, adding "I've got an idea. Let's all kill Muslims." Amazingly Severin is still in his job, although he has been forced to apologize on air...

...Paul Harvey, who when talking about cockfighting in Iraq, said, "Add to the thirst for blood a religion which encourages killing, and it is entirely understandable if Americans come to this bloody party unprepared."

...Dr. Laura, heard by 12 million listeners, is said by CAIR to have "crossed the line from legitimate commentary on terrorism to Islamophobic bigotry." Her rant began when she was asked by a mother whether her 16-year-old daughter should be allowed to attend a local mosque to learn how "Muslims are treated" in America. Answered the wizened physiologist: "...You're joking of course. How many Americans have tortured and murdered Muslims... I think you ought to stand up against this class and this teacher. This is despicable. You tell him you are willing to go to the mosque only if it is one that has done its best to root out terrorists in its midst..."
onlinejournal.com...

Just lovely, these commentators claim to be God fearing people. I suppose I would tell muslims not to be concerned, these slimeballs from the religious right treat everybody that does not conform to their views in the same manner. This bunch of intolerant bigots represent everything that is wrong with america and make even howard stern appear civil.

God Save America.
.




CAIR is one of the most disingenuous organizations around which is all too sympathetic to the so-called radical moslem "minority." CAIR seeks to tarnish the reputation of anyone who doesn't buy into their ideology, or at least create an atmosphere sympathetic to them.

jihadwatch.org...

America and Americans have bent over backwards (too far back) being apologists for Islam and denying the role that it plays in terrorism. Enough already.



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What pisses me off is they get to keep thier jobs. I mean, I can understand eastern Diamondbacks issues, with Muslims themselves not really doing much to root out terrorism.

but seeing how these comments are obviously pretty biased, It makes me wonder why the go after people for cracking dirty jokes and making fun of sex, yet these guys dont get fined and fired.

By FCC standards this would be classified as hate speech, unless now they offically embrace a doublestandard.



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You need to look back in history about 23-24 years. We, as a nation having been putting up with this so called "passive" religion and their Jihad since the mid-to late 70's. A bomb here, a bomb there, blow up some marines, crash into a ship, attack an embassy(which I believe is considered America soil)...Oh yes, how can we say these things about Muslims? I did not see any one else performing these acts? Have you?



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Happy to see some talk show host talk about things and not worry about pissing of the politically correct!

The problem in this world today is that when people speak their minds the so called (politically correct dont piss anyone off) moral majority want to cut them down by not allowing them to speak their thoughts if they dont agree with their views. There is nothing wrong with these people saying what ever they want to say. As the old saying goes "sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me". I say I wish more people would speak their views no matter what they may be!

Personally I could care less if the whole of Islam went straight to hell and I've felt that way since 79!


df1

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
I did not see any one else performing these acts? Have you?


I guess you were sleeping when Timothy McVeigh and company blew up the fed building in Oklahoma and during your nap you also missed the Unabomber. And as I recall a guy named Hickley tried unsuccessfully to cap Reagan. A girl named Sqeaky Frome tried to waste president Ford. You can also look up a couple dudes named Lee Harvey Oswald and James Earl Ray in your history book, they were a bit more successful. Do you remember Lt. Calley of mai lai massacre fame? And for heavens sake we have just had torture pictures & videos all over the news, don't you recall that either.

I didn't have to work to refute that trash. Obviously the dumbing down of america is working and your brainwashing is complete.
.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by df1]



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_ElfBy FCC standards this would be classified as hate speech, unless now they offically embrace a doublestandard.


no their has never been a rule against hate speech, in europe but not here.



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What do you mean a growing culture of hate????? Hate is the pulse of this country. People hated the Indians and drove them out of their land. Now everyone claims to have Indian heritage in their family. Hate also kept a people enslaved for 500 years and oppressed for another 100.

Hate is a tool that is been used when the Americans at top feel threatened. They spew their message to the populist and we eat it up. Keep everyone as closed minded and as stereotypical as possible. People are easily manipulated when they have hate in their heart. If you can get a majority of the country to hate their enemy you could drum up support for an illegal war and blame it on the CIA.

From my tone you might think that I hate America. But I dont, In fact I think it is founded on some very solid principals. The problem is the principals are not applied. They are skewed, twisted and amended so much that now we have this hypocrisy that we see to day. We are the biggest proliferaters of weapons in the world. The soviet used to be right behind us.

Wake up people the constitution is a veil that our politicians hide behind while that are in bed with some of the dastardliest regimes on this earth. When things go sour they become our enemies and we clean up any old ties that we ever had with them.

So what is one to do? Oh well, all we can do is watch this page in history and hope that our children will lean from our mistakes. I wonder how long this secular notion of government will last. Only time will tell, 200 years and counting.



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
DF1

You can slam my thoughts and opinions all you want, but you have not right to slam me. I am not einstein, or voltar, I'm just me speaking my mind. I did not "sleep" during any of the things that you have mentioned.
You could bring up alot of things like that from the past. My point was this though....

We should have nipped this thing in the bud when it first started back in the seventies, instead of turning a blind eye.

[edit on 7/10/2004 by bobafett1972]



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Um yes, there are FCC regulations against saying unfriendly things towards minorities.

Let me see some skinhead or some Klansman get on the airwaves and start using racial slurs or promoting violence against muslims.


df1

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
DF1
You can slam my thoughts and opinions all you want, but you have not right to slam me.

You slammed yourself by claiming only muslims do heinous things, I clearly demonstrated that you are either completely uninformed or blind by citing specific examples.


We should have nipped this thing in the bud when it first started back in the seventies, instead of turning a blind eye.

We should of not put US troops in other countries in support of despotic dictators. We should not of been stealing the natural resources of other countries. You would not tolerate that crap in america, it is absurd that you expect the citizens of others countries to tolerate it.
.



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Since I'm so ill-informed oh great one. Please enlighten me as to why the majority of "terroristic" activities throught-out the world, have been by persons of one particular religion? Oh, is this the part where you tell me it's all because of their relationship with the U.S. ?

I haven't seen any Mormons blowing sh@# up lately.



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
Since I'm so ill-informed oh great one. Please enlighten me as to why the majority of "terroristic" activities throught-out the world, have been by persons of one particular religion? Oh, is this the part where you tell me it's all because of their relationship with the U.S. ?

I haven't seen any Mormons blowing sh@# up lately.


But the kaln and milita's have been doing it for years. You only seeing what they want you to see. Point in case. When was the last time you have seen anything about hati?



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
Since I'm so ill-informed oh great one. Please enlighten me as to why the majority of "terroristic" activities throught-out the world, have been by persons of one particular religion? Oh, is this the part where you tell me it's all because of their relationship with the U.S. ?

I haven't seen any Mormons blowing sh@# up lately.


It's not just a majority being moslems, it's the overwhelming majority, almost to the exclusion of all other groups.



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eastern_Diamondback

It's not just a majority being moslems, it's the overwhelming majority, almost to the exclusion of all other groups.


I will agree that a great many muslims are driven towards acts of terrorism, but I would not say an overwhelming majority. The issue is profile. I'm sure there are plenty of terrorist groups that aren't muslim that act regularly, adn we simply don't hear about. FARC immediately jumps to mind, as does the IRA. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

DE



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

Originally posted by Eastern_Diamondback

It's not just a majority being moslems, it's the overwhelming majority, almost to the exclusion of all other groups.


I will agree that a great many muslims are driven towards acts of terrorism, but I would not say an overwhelming majority. The issue is profile. I'm sure there are plenty of terrorist groups that aren't muslim that act regularly, adn we simply don't hear about. FARC immediately jumps to mind, as does the IRA. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

DE


The frequency of attacks by the IRA has dropped dramatically, and FARC's strength seems to have also dropped off. I don't hear much of the Shining Path anymore, nor Tupac Amaru (I think they were killed off). I agree, these groups are terrorist groups, but the reason for their diminished role on the world scene of terrorism is twofold. Proportionately the Moslems commit more and these others commit less.



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The issue is, perhaps, statistical. The muslim population is in the billions, dwarfing most regional groups. With such a wide population base, it seems easy to point out that a great many muslims happen to be terrorists. I question how many of those muslims are terrorists for political reasons, compared to those with religious reasons. There's a huge difference between a Muslim member of FARC and an AQ member.

DE



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Killing people because of religion is not right, and shouldnt be done. Whoever is teaching that should be arrested, and put in prison for life. WTF is wrong with them??!?!?!



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I disagree with anyone who tries to marginalize Islamic Fundamentalist terror by bringing the KKK and seldom seen state militias.

Its comparing Somalia to Vietnam.

The preportions of violence are horribly wrong and it would be ignorant to put the two on the same level.

I agree that the United States should take a more active role in prosecuting Klan members who break the laws, and same for militias although they prove to be a red herring in most situations.

How can you legitamize the actions of a milllion strong movement by bringing up a smaller but equally hateful American group?



posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
I disagree with anyone who tries to marginalize Islamic Fundamentalist terror by bringing the KKK and seldom seen state militias.

Its comparing Somalia to Vietnam.

The preportions of violence are horribly wrong and it would be ignorant to put the two on the same level.

I agree that the United States should take a more active role in prosecuting Klan members who break the laws, and same for militias although they prove to be a red herring in most situations.

How can you legitamize the actions of a milllion strong movement by bringing up a smaller but equally hateful American group?



Thank you. Plain and simple, right to the point. Moral equivalency justifications are really getting to be too much.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join