It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Month Old Dies While Mom Plays On Facebook

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Why? That's all the rant I can muster. Wth is going on? It's not like ooops I spill my drink... it is a life.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
There was something like this a while back on a news where a mother was playing a Facebook game instead of watching their own child.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

This is outragous! There is no excuse for leaving a baby in a bathtub. A 13 month old can't always walk so how in the world is supposed to save himself?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If the child was gurgling she could have cleared her baby's lungs. I feel she subconsciously wanted her baby dead.
Leaving a 13 month old in the water alone, this is an obvious, "I do not want my baby" problem. Especially if it was deep enough for the baby to drown in.

These stories break my heart. We have teenagers in our town who drop their babies into dumpsters (secret pregnancies). But, also, we have a "no questions asked policy" in all of our ERs. You can bring your baby and drop them off and leave. It has helped a lot with this problem. Maybe we need to extend it to all mothers.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You never leave a child unattended in a bathtub. A one-year-old?! PLEASE. People are utterly BRAINWASHED!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Wow. That's all I can really say. I mean, my mom wouldn't be more than twenty feet from the bathtub until I was about seven or eight.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Updates on the news said the mother's own mother warned her to quit doing this because the child had experienced a seizure in the past.

Un freakin believable!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
All I would say to that woman is... "Was the low quality game app worth it?"

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
my son is 15 months old and i never leave him alone in the tub..not even for a second, but im sure any sane mother would do the same.

i find it utterly disgusting that a mother would put her clear addiction to the internet b4 looking after her child.
i cant tollerate any type of abuse or neglect towards young babies and children who are unable to defend themselves, i literally feel sick to my stomach when i read about infants that have been beaten to death by a parent...i mean wth is wrong with these people.?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Kanga
thank you for sharing this, perhaps someone will get the message the more stories like this are shared.

I would consider contacting a mod and having this moved to an ATS forum instead of BTS so it gets more attention.

My kid is three and I feel uncomfortable walking to the linen closet to grab an extra towel when he decides to play battleship and splashes every corner of the bathroom. I can not even imagine.

At least it was facebook and not ATS....sorry I thought everyone could use a little giggle after reading this heart wrenching story.

Flag for you and star for everyone on this one.
edit on 18-1-2011 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Thanks. I know there are many who don't like this type of post at all on ATS. But like you, these stories bother me and I think more people should pay attention to them.

It takes a village to raise a child still holds true today IMHO.

new topics

top topics

join