It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in unconditional love?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Gazrok

Its to see what others say, and for to write down my thoughts to the people ruining my life.

This started 19 years back, and they are not intelligent to work out a male not interested in females exists, even with all there rubbish they make up.

I have experience of people running society and boy are they rubbish at working stuff out.

I say the things i say for them, not just for the board, and the threads. Plus it gives a different view other than the norm, and there must be plenty of males that will not speak out against like the rubbish i had to put up with.

So like how i was interested in females, and i could not live my life. Amazing people think as your a male and not interested in females, you have to stay away from areas of females. Why, can females not understand males that do not like them exist, and every male in a club is not interested in them, or any male going to work around females is not interested in them. The male has to live his life.

edit on 1/19/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

Wow Andy, I hope you aren't clumping all females into that one statement there. Obviously women know that that there are gay males out there and that there are people out there who aren't interested in sex at all for what ever reason. Sure you get the occasional girl who, due to exceptionally good looks and and overly dotting father, has been conditioned to expect men to fall at her feet, but blame that on the men in her life not her. How ever those girls make up a small handful.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

From his posts, andy1033 appears to feel this way towards all women. Of course, his right to do so...but I wouldn't expect those ideas to see much acceptance (hence the risk of going against the norm)...

(to andy)

Not sure if you're gay (and it's none of my business...), but I do hope you find some kind of meaningful relationship, even if just with friends, etc. Who knows, you may have these already, so more power to ya....

edit on 20-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

Is any love truly unconditional? or should we just be happy with the imperfect, "conditional" love?

This word love has been thrown around a lot, and has so many meanings that it might as well have no meaning at all, or at least only in certain groups and social circles it would have different meaning's. But no I do not believe there is truly unconditional love, even a mother will kill her baby if the situation presented itself and it was her or the baby, it has happened before in the more extreme situations. So at the most situations and lots in life have more to do with love then vice versa.

And romantic love, well if you go by the divorce rates and all relationships around. If you look at it just statistically wise then no there really is no such thing as love, we might as well become politically correct and start calling it, "situational temporary coupling". And if you have to condition yourself for love, then what does that tell you about those who condition them-selfs to love. On this planet I have found that usually the thing that is most droned in peoples heads or the thing that they want most droned in there heads, usually through movies, media, books, and all types of conditioning. Is usually there most defunct trait. That does not bode well for love now does it. In fact "love" implies specific conditions, does it not? So how can it be unconditional.

But on the up side of that if you look for something so badly, and are willing to go through all the # for such a thing, it is because you love that something. So yes love does exist..... But I really don't think unconditional love exists, unconditional by definition means all situation's, or in all situations. And there are some harsh situations out there, so NO unconditional love does not exist, all love seems to be conditional, thats why everybody's got there thing or there conditions that they put up for there "love" to pass, and if it does not then they don't love it. Females are the easiest to observe in this with there condition's and all that, Males not so much, but there is some conditioning there as well.

But once again one can't really know till one know's all the definitions of "love" that there are..... And like I said it would very from person to person mostly, but would be the same in some groups. Ever watch TV and that whole groupie's and worshiping of actors or famous musicians thing that is going on by certain group's. There definition would be the same for love, because they would have the similar condition's, thereby defining there "love". It is written in the things they read and watch, it's there condition's for love, there highest hopes, to be more precise. So to cut the rant short before it goes pages and pages and gets off topic. NO it's obvious that there is no such thing as unconditional love.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The uk gov and police wanted my life absolutely destroyed, and so i have no friends. I am ok being alone and like it, just that i have to live with 19 years and counting of useless people trying to second guess any thought i have, and never being right.

We do not live in a civilised society at all in london or uk, as my life has proven to be as bad as any life stasi in east germany could of done to someone. I forgot to ask what human rights with regards to uk, where all the people that did this to me go around planning more crimes against anyone they want.

Amazing.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
um....back on topic.....

If a stranger jumps in front of a bus to save a child that he doesn't know and knows that by doing so, he probably won't survive, does that constitute unconditional love?

Although it's just a small moment in time, I believe that it does as there are no conditions being set at all.

I think anyways...
edit on 1/20/2011 by tribewilder because: spelling

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

I'd still say it's "conditional" love for his fellow man.
Why?

Would he do the same for an elderly woman or man? (who's life is mostly behind them)
Would he do the same for a guy who just snatched a woman's purse, and then gets creamed?

See? Conditional...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Very young children unconditionally love their parents. No matter what the child may suffer at the hands of the parent, the child usually only hates the actions, not the parent committing the act. As we mature, how we love changes because how we think changes. If we merely experience the act that hurts or frightens us and not think about it, analyse it, critique it, understand why it is harmful, only then can we love unconditionally.

Other than that, no I do not believe in unconditional human love, I do not believe animals love at all. They are capable of affection, the biochemical bonding process necessary for survival, but love? No, I do not think so. In humans, I think the bonding experience combined with consciousness is where love begins. Human complexity, the ebb and flow of our biorhythms and the diversity of our interactions with one another, our perceptions and our judgements, contribute to love never being so simplistic as to be unconditional.

People with deep and astute empathy probably come closer to experiencing pure, other focused love or Agape, than those who do not and I think that if we do not let hurt darken our hearts, we can grow in understanding and more confidently move toward perfect love that is not self-seeking or boastful and is truly the stuff of legend.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Now let us all have a prayer for Jesus Christ to forgive all our sins and to make us love and for others to do also..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
i hope that unconditional love can exist in our daily life but it is a pity that there isn't yes i don't believe it in this age people are very real so don't have any Extravagant hopes for it .the only place where you can find is teh fiction and novel

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
These are propertie of love how it is defined in the bible.

1 Korinthians 13; 4-6

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I suppose love is defined unconditional by some for a reason I don't know. I my opinion love cannot be conditional. It is not true love. There needs to be a huge change in the world.
edit on 2011/1/25 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Yet we are all flawed, our love is flawed. What are we to do, other than strive to reach the ideal, to continuously grow and learn from our experiences of flawed, imperfect human interactions?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Obviously you have never had children.
In nature, rarely do mother animals sacrifice themselves for their offspring. They wait till they go into heat again and have more offspring.
The mother animal may grieve for a little bit and move on, but in a few months the cycle starts over.
For many parents, the grieving never goes away. That parent is never the same again. And any mother will sacrifice herself then have something happen to her child.

In a biological sense, this doesn't make sense.

There is nothing ecological about sacrificing all things for the protection of the offspring.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I guess our sin screws everything up. Believe in JEsus Christ. Love shall reign one day for it is destined. I suppose love is eternal and cannot be destroyed. It is quicker than evil. Evil lives upon love?? Kill it in the core. :?

One day will come love rules a nation. Kingdom of God. Jesus as ruler. Eternal life!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join