It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in unconditional love?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Most parents will say yes, but then again, most moms say they would abort their baby if their father was their rapist, so does that kinda cast doubt on mother's love being truly unconditional? I mean if the kid raped or try to kill their mom, or one of their siblings, sadly there might be a good chance their mother would hate them, right?

Same with pets. I mean, a pet will turn on their owner if they abuse them. With romantic love, there are some cases where 2 people are truly inseperable, but that is the exception because more than half of marriages end in divorce and many of those in hate and bitterness.

Is any love truly unconditional? or should we just be happy with the imperfect, "conditional" love?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 19872012

I absolutely believe it exists.. However, I think its rare and most people never find it..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I would have said NO until I had children. Is your question about whether you can love unconditionally or whether someone can love you unconditionally? There is a difference.

edit on 18-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Do you believe in unconditional love?

I believe that true love... or in this case, unconditional love, is a very rare thing. Most mothers are instinctively attached to the little life they produce and this bond is unyielding throughout a lifetime.

But elsewhere, love between two unrelated people who meet than then join? It is very unusual...

True love is rare. For this reason, I also feel that true hate, the opposite side of the coin, is equally rare. Most of us will live our lives and never know either.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

I would have said NO until I had children. Is your question about whether you can love unconditionally or whether someone can love you unconditionally? There is a difference.

edit on 18-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

would you still love them if they sexually assaulted you, or try to take your life? would you want to help them, or just want revenge?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I don't believe truly unconditional love exists on earth or is known by humans, but that it does exist. We can loose many of the common conditions but some conditions will always remain.

Time for one thing, tends to make everything conditional. If there has ever been a split second in which you didn't love someone then your love is conditional as to what time it is.
If you didn't love the person before you even knew them, then your love is conditional to you personally knowing them or not. Love is conditioned by finite perception.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

There can't be. It is human nature to have expectations. If someone denies you what you expect from them, it changes the way you feel about them. That means you don't love them unconditionally. Even in animals it can't exist. Your dog does expect food from you. Ask a starving dog if he still loves his master...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
"Unconditional Love" doesn't exist. It's called "imprinting". It's a biological/psychological process that we are all predisposed for - and when humans produce offspring - they are imprinted with parental instincts for the child.

That's not love. It's survival. It may feel like love, but it isn't love. We call it love so as to be able to communicate/understand/make sense of the emotions that are tied in with imprinting.

That being said, romantic "love" is a different beast.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

If one expects a love to be unconditional or that it should be unconditional they are in fact placing a condition upon it ... as in 'I will only allow for love on the condition it's unconditional' ...
Whatever love is, it is outside the mind and the mind can neither understand it or express it ...
Conditional or not, let love be out of mind and true ... belief not required.

edit on 18 Jan 2011 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If there is a such thing - I haven't found it. It seems it's always unconditional until there is a problem, then it gets tossed. From what I've seen anyway. Maybe Sdog is right.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
NOTHING is absolute...and it sounds like your question is if this absolute condition exists. EVERYTHING has conditions...it's just about DEGREES of those conditions.

A mother's love for her child is for all intents and purposes unconditional while young...for example, but even then, you never know what condition could alter this feeling. And, this feeling could lessen as time goes on...(the DEGREE changes)....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I am glad i will never find out, do not like females and babies, and will never, thank goodness.

I do not want anything to do with love.

Like i said, never been interested in females and never will. You people are wrong in how you approach this. If your male you should not even bother with females.
edit on 1/19/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
may I say then that love is conditional? say love when you mean "unconditional " love. The conditional love may not be called love, call it messing around. Ask a women.
edit on 2011/1/19 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

So you always say...which then begs the question...why frequent the relationships forum, if you aren't interested in them? Truly puzzling...unless of course, it's the whole misery loves company thing. I'm sure you have valid reasons for being jaded, but it's coming across like Scrooge or the old man who always keeps kids' balls when they come in his yard.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Its to see what others say, and for to write down my thoughts to the people ruining my life.

This started 19 years back, and they are not intelligent to work out a male not interested in females exists, even with all there rubbish they make up.

I have experience of people running society and boy are they rubbish at working stuff out.

I say the things i say for them, not just for the board, and the threads. Plus it gives a different view other than the norm, and there must be plenty of males that will not speak out against like the rubbish i had to put up with.

So like how i was interested in females, and i could not live my life. Amazing people think as your a male and not interested in females, you have to stay away from areas of females. Why, can females not understand males that do not like them exist, and every male in a club is not interested in them, or any male going to work around females is not interested in them. The male has to live his life.

edit on 1/19/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
may I say then that love is conditional? say love when you mean "unconditional " love. The conditional love may not be called love, call it messing around. Ask a women.
edit on 2011/1/19 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

Exactly, they can have what ever feelings they like, and its not a crime. While a male can have feelings and its a crime or something in this looney world.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
To anyone here who is a parent - if your own son or daughter tried to kill you, or they raped you, or killed one of their siblings, or their grandparents - what would you do? I'm not saying your kids would ever do that, I'm just speaking hypothetically.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Women have a peculiar way of learning and in the end they throw it all away. They seem to hold no base, when will they become serene? I have serious questions about them. What the hell are some trying to become?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Women have a peculiar way of learning and in the end they throw it all away. They seem to hold no base, when will they become serene? I have serious questions about them. What the hell are some trying to become?

how can anybody on here answer this question when you are clearly talking about a specific person that no one here probably knows.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Things have got to be moving!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join