It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Developing Hyperplane

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
^^^
..Deny ignorance??! ...

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Maybe they really meant to call it a "hype-er" plane. Because this is just the latest thread that attempts to hype the indian air force. I think these get posted on average about once a week or so, and are usually just the product of some U.S. Air Force wannabe dreamers.

[edit on 1/12/2005 by centurion1211]

Whats wrong with being prowed of your country for taking steps to improve mankind. Unlike some other nations who just want to rape the earth for self gain.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

are usually just the product of some U.S. Air Force wannabe dreamers.

Chew upon this aritcle you disrespectful idiot .

The USAF is an IAF wannabe.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Ummm killak420 what exactly is that avaatar of yours depicting??..I seem it prudent to mention now because you coincidentially mentioned "rape of the planet earth" ...

Like your Starcraft signature too...Never really played any other species except terran..severe disadvantage because I was taught the game by a bunch of Krazzzzzieee Koreans!!! who were like always...Zergling Rush!!

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My Avatar has nothing to do with rape or anything like that. It simply depicts a demon making sweet love to a human. Basically it just shows how screwd up in the head I am.

I personally like the Protoss but if I get a chance to M.C. Terrain I will, I have a thing for the BC's and Tanks.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy

are usually just the product of some U.S. Air Force wannabe dreamers.

Chew upon this aritcle (article) you disrespectful idiot .

Disrespectful? Respect has to be earned. Neither you or your pitiful air force has accomplished that so far.

Any Indian aircraft is superior to the US aircraft?

I think we should request that your posts be moved to the "Paranormal Studies" section under a thread titled something like "Have you ever dreamed something was real and typed about it on ATS while you were still dreaming?"

[edit on 1/14/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The greatest feature on ATS is the ignore control.

Thank you who ever thought of that.

Deny Ignorance my little friend.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
OK gang, let's chill a little.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Right of the Top of my head???

hmm lets see..

Su-30 MKI superior to anything except the F-22
Harriers both countries have...
What is the US equivalent of the deep penetration Jaguar??

And oh yeah centurion go read my post on th PAF vs IAF thread..its just for you...

Intrepid..you jumping the gun too much IMHO..this is just friendly banter..im sure you've heard of 'proteinx'

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

hmm lets see..

And oh yeah centurion go read my post on th PAF vs IAF thread..its just for you...

Yes, well you also need to factor in things like the skill/training of the pilots and support people, aircraft logistics and support, and intangibles like the will to win.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yes you do, logistics..well USAF superior obv. no doubt there..training..can't say one's better than the other until you put pilots into the same aircraft with the same load out and see which one performs better in a given scenario..
if theres one thing I've learnt on ATS its that you can't judge skill unless its on completely even grounds..
And the will to win....you saying USAF pilots more motivated than IAF pilots??

No way man...can't prove one's less/more motivated than the other..

EDIT: although now that I think baout the logistical part too I'm wondering whether the USAF actually gives"more attention per plane" as compared to the IAF..the USAF maintenance crew is small while its aircraft fleet is large..the IAF has it the other way around...though the logistical support in terms of deployability is superior in the case of the USAF ..thats for sure

[edit on 14-1-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
hi i am new here and i really do not know much about aircrafts, and would like to know more about them. i think that usaf has a good logistic support, and everything, and i think that modebation is a force that drives someone. the stronger the modibation and that well the results.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

hmm lets see..

Intrepid..you jumping the gun too much IMHO..this is just friendly banter..im sure you've heard of 'proteinx'

Those aircraft are not made by India. I thought we were discussing Indian-made aircraft?

I wish people can stop arguing about USAF training as well. The US is not known for their training. Several smaller EU nations, such as the Netherlands, even has better training. So stop boasting about it please.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
now and then, the DDM (desi dork media) will utter some nuances to show how great we the indian people are in scientific breakthrough. The hyper plane idea has been on the cards for a while now, I don't know why it should be lauded as a great achievement until India actually "does" make one and shows it to the rest of the world.

I wouldn't buy the argument that India is by any means *inferior* to any power on earth though.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Any is not largely inferior to America in the abilities of there airforce, they are basically equal, except in terms of numbers. They have just as advanced planes, even though not locally designed, but still advanced never the less. Except when they F-22 comes into full production then the USAF is superior, but that will soon not matter once they IAF has aquired the PAK-FA in a few years time.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackout
Those aircraft are not made by India. I thought we were discussing Indian-made aircraft?

The question was what "indian aircraft are superior to USAF aircraft?"..
And the MKI software and avionics is Indian if that counts...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenshin
Any is not largely inferior to America in the abilities of there airforce, they are basically equal, except in terms of numbers. They have just as advanced planes, even though not locally designed, but still advanced never the less. Except when they F-22 comes into full production then the USAF is superior, but that will soon not matter once they IAF has aquired the PAK-FA in a few years time.

In 2010 when the FA is supposed to go online then we can talk. I have full confidence in the Russians but it isn’t going to be easy at all developing something that even has a chance to get a shot off at the overkill-developed F/A-22.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
not really its not my style i just say whatever i want when i want you can research all you want but the indian and chinese fighters are at least 20 years back in terms of tech.

WP this is exact example of what the gang DO NOT want you to do. This statement declares 1) that you are lasy 2) that you do not care about the knowledge or opions of others 3) that you do not have a grasp of the world beyond your limited version of it.

Do you even read the well researched posts provided by others?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Indian defence scientists are aiming to build a plane designed to cruise at speeds three times faster than existing fighter aircraft while consuming less fuel.

The Hyderabad-based Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) is building an 8metre technology demonstrator, which will be powered by a supersonic combustion ramjet (Scramjet) engine that takes oxygen from the atmosphere and burns liquid hydrogen.

"The ground tests of the engine would begin in 2005 and we aim to fly the unmanned aircraft in 2007," DRDL Director Prahlada told PTI in Bangalore.

The aircraft would be built in India's aviation capital, Bangalore, and Hyderabad. It would be a high speed transport aircraft with an engine that does not have a compressor or a turbine.

"The scramjet engine takes in oxygen from the atmosphere, liquefies it and uses it for the cryogenic engine, improving the efficiency of the plane by several factors because the weight of the fuel, particularly for long distances,�constitutes around 70 per cent of the total weight of the aircraft," officials said.

The technology demonstrator would be a precursor to President A P J Abdul Kalam's dream project and DRDO's Aerobic Vehicle for Hypersonic Aerospace Transportation (AVATAR).

India has achieved considerable progress in the air breathing engine technology (ramjet) at sub-sonic speed in its surface-to-air Akash missile programme, but is yet to master the technology at supersonic speed of up to Mach 7 (speed of sound is referred to as Mach). "We are improving on our expertise in air breathing engine technology and it would be used in an unmanned aircraft," Prahlada said.

Incidentally, the country is in race with the US, Japan, Russia and China to build a hypersonic plane which is expected to revolutionise low cost space travel. The Indian Space Research Organisation has begun conceptual studies to build and launch a reusable launch vehicle using air-breathing technology by 2015, he said.

DRDL is jointly working with academic institutions, including the IITs and the Indian Institute of Science, besides collaborating with the Mishra Dathu Nigam (Midani) to develop high temperature Nickel-Cobalt alloys and carbon composite materials, which could withstand heat during high-speed flight of the hyper plane.

source

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
But what motive does India have in this race??
It cannot compete with the others for passenger travel..
Is it just a tech statement??

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join