It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atmospheric Phenomenon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Today when driving to work, a big flash of light for about 2 seconds surprised me. Initially I though was part of the stormy weather we are having lately here in New Jersey. Sky was dark an totally cloudy. The light changed in white, magenta and blue, it had a point where this light was more concentrated, about 20 to 30 degrees north.

My location was Rt. 17 (NJ), going north, close to Carlstadt .
Time : Close to 05:00.

Because it turned in different colors, I wonder if it could be a sort of EM discharge or maybe a fireball.

Thanks ahead.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

LIghtning!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Could be HAARP! Just my two cents

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Maybe a transformer blowing? Last winter mysterious colored flashes were reported in MD. It was just transformers blowing out. I used to live near a particularly shoddy one. I could always count on a good light show.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

It could be a fireball or a transformer blowing. Big fireballs happen all the time, like this one which is currently being discussed here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the answers. Yeah, transformers can create similar effects, but this light was huge and looked like it was behind the clouds. I think it was a fireball probably. Just hoping someone else saw it.

new topics

top topics

join