It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/1/11 1/11/11 11/1/11 11/11/11

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Wow lol that's crazy.. Nice post. S+F

Deebo

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

HEY!!!! WHAT THE.....!!!!! I tried it for me then said ok well, maybe a fluke then all three of my kids =111 how?

WHOAAAA!!!! Maybe nothing, maybe somethin. Definately interesting to say the least.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

double post

edit on 19-1-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

It works for everybody, because this is the 111th year since 1900.
Your birth year and your age necessarily add up to the total of that period.
(In the case of children born 2000 onwards, the birthyear has to be called 100, 101 etc to make it work)

edit on 19-1-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Let say my grand grand father was born in 1899 :
he will be 112 this year (2011).

so 99 + 112 =/= 111 but 99+112 = 211.

Fails for those who were born in 18xx and sure there are still some people born in 18xx !

It's not a spectacular date, it's just a math thing as I said previously !
edit on 19-1-2011 by Terviseks because: no reason

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terviseks

Agreed. This is the point I was getting at.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terviseks

Let say my grand grand father was born in 1899 :
he will be 112 this year (2011).

so 99 + 112 =/= 111 but 99+112 = 211.

Fails for those who were born in 18xx and sure there are still some people born in 18xx !

edit on 19-1-2011 by Terviseks because: no reason

I was about to explain but you already done it.
its just simple maths

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

edit on 19-1-2011 by Morphodox18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
WEIRD..
So lets look at what's occured so far on these datse
1/1/11 = Animal deaths begin
1/11/11 = Magnetic fields go insane on Magnetometer in Alaska for 4 days.
1/11/11 = Rise in siesmic activity and volcanic activity..
wow.. only a year to wait until 11/1/11 and 11/11/11

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Originally posted by Flighty
Fascinating stuff.

Fascinating wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe it.
I'd use the word: Nonsensical.

There is so much unfounded nonsense on that crystalinks site it makes my brain hurt.

Take this for example:

Human DNA, our genetic memory, is encoded to be triggered by digital codes at specific times and frequencies.
11 represents spiraling twin strands of human DNA moving into higher frequency of consciousness.
11 represents balance.
I guess we just have to take there word for it since there is no links to back up this extraordinary claim.

You will note that seeing 11:11 frequently creates synchronicities in your life.
Lets take a look at the crystalinks definition of Synchronicity:

Synchronicities are people, places or events that your soul attracts into your life to help you evolve to higher consciousness or to place emphasis on something going on in your life.
Now lets take a look at, say, Wikipedia's Definition:

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated occurring together in a meaningful manner. To count as synchronicity, the events should be unlikely to occur together by chance.
Hrmm. Slightly different, but lets roll with it.

According to the logic of the crystalinks site: I should be able to tattoo 11:11 onto my eyeballs so that I am always seeing 11:11 and BAM i'll have synchronicities ALL THE TIME. I will evolve to higher consciousness like a billion times faster than regular people who might only notice 11:11 on the clock maybe twice a week.

Under Numerology:

11 (eleven) is the natural number following 10 and preceding 12.
Wow how profound

Because eleven is the first number which cannot be represented by a human using his or her ten fingers, it is often considered a mysterious number.
Except of course for those people born with 11 fingers

Need i go on?

Complete and utter BS.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

thank god one of us has a brain

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by space cadet
How is it possible to add up t 111 every time???

Because this is the 111th year since 1900.
Your birth-year gives the figure for the first part of that period.
Your age gives the figure for the second part.
So of couse they add up to the same total.
But for people born in, say 2002, you have to call the birth-year "102" to make it work.
Next year, the same calculation will make 112.

edit on 18-1-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

but if you did it as 02 + age 09 = 11 so it still sort of works
i bet we see this again next when people forget about this and will be like OMG it 102 0r 12 and it 2012 the sky is falling

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
It is obvious now why the math adds up! :/
edit on 1/19/2011 by Givenmay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Its possible because it's an obvios mathamatical equation. Think about it.. All everyone is doing is subtracting the amount of years they've lived from this current year. The current year is 2011. I was born 40 years ago on this year birthday. So im just adding my age years.. 40.. to my year birth, 71. .
''''''''40 years on from 1971 would be 2011'''''. Obvious maths!!!
Thers nothing magical or mysterious about it. Its just obvious maths. Theres been 40 years sinse 71. If u add it the same for every year that has been previous, last year was 110, before that, 109. Next year 112 and so on n so on.

Sorry to burst anyones magical bubble : - /

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Not sure about this 1111 thing. On 1/1/11 I woke up and as I was eating breakfast a whole chunk of tooth fell out of my mouth. Good tooth too. Totally uncalled for. Then I went downstairs to grab the mail, what do I find? A tax bill for 50 bucks because I filed late. From that point on I said to hell with it.
In numerology my numbers are 9, 11 and 11. I cant quite remember what each one is for but it supposedly means I am a brooding, deep and thoughtful person. A bit crazy but also empathetic, generous and compassionate.

I do believe that this year is going to be a very strange year and I hope it will be a time of revelation, that the massas will open their eyes, hearts and minds to one another and find a way to keep hope and love alive. I know that this may never happen and that we may fall further into the darkness, but I wnat to be positive and emulate that in my surroundings. I am in no way deluded!

Humans use numbers and time to their disadvantage, I believe. I have asked my husband if for one weekend we can remove all the clocks, calenders and mirrors from the wall. Obviously, he thinks I am a little nuts, but I believe the weekend will last much longer and be much more pleasant without these silly human requirements!

By the way, my numbers add up to 111 also, obviously, because like previous posters said, it is a math thing, not a supernatural thing. Although it is quite cool!

On a side note, any of you math buffs know anything about this 9 number base and it being much easier to learn math this way? If so I am exceedingly interested and would love one of you to point me in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

This does not work with any number

Which number does it not work with? (just curious)

edit on 19/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I've just been pondering over this myself..

I got to thinking about the 11th hour, 11th minute of the 11th day, 11th month 11th year..

Then I jumped forward a year ...

But a year after that it goes all wrong..
Ignore the 24hour clock and you can't get a 13th hour or 13th month...

Is this the answer to the Mayan calander? Is it in need of a reset due to this 13th hour and 13th month issue?

could it be that simple????

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Is this the answer to the Mayan calander? Is it in need of a reset due to this 13th hour and 13th month issue?
In short. No.

The Mayan calendar is converted to the Gregorian calendar system. the limitation your talking about (12 months) does not exist in the Mayan calendar system.

Wikipedia - Mayan Calendar
edit on 19-1-2011 by AlienProbed because: wiki link

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I love ATS, I've been amazed by seemingly crazy anomalies like that too, only to feel bloody stupid afterwards!!

It took me a bout five seconds to realise this is always true for anyone born in the 20th century.

But I was still excited for an second!

Well done OP for giving it a go and for everyone participating, livened up the day for a brief moment!

All the best, Kiwi

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I find it really scary that the quality of ATS has diminished so much that someone has got 28 flags just by pointing out this year that the date will be 11/11/11 on 11/11/11 and that the number 11 exists.
Seconded.

It would be nice if ATS had a downvote system.
Instead of giving out stars, we give out supernovas, so the thread will collapse under the weight of it's own stupidity and explode.

edit on 19-1-2011 by AlienProbed because: fixed quote

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join