It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Gold?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Try as you may..print physical gold out of thin air.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Obviously you are not familiar with the Summerian texts and the Annunaki, they come here every 3600 years to harvest the gold we have mined to cover their atmosphere with gold particles so that their planet Nibiru can hold its internal heat when it goes to the farthest end of the elliptic orbit around the Sun

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Every dollar that gets printed represents a theft of your wealth, gold and silver cannot be printed, the only way to steal your wealth if it's in the form of gold or silver is too physically take it from you. If the dollar crashes you're busted, if you have wealth in gold and silver you can trade it for another currency, another commidity etc. etc.

I'm looking at some silver coins as I type this, they are much prettier than the stupid green rags in my wallet.

edit on 21-1-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Golds only valuable while there's an economy to move the price up and down, if the SHTF and there's no longer an economy, then you got yourself a real nice pile of useless yellow metal.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by korath
Golds only valuable while there's an economy to move the price up and down, if the SHTF and there's no longer an economy, then you got yourself a real nice pile of useless yellow metal.

As long as some people want goods of some sort and others have extra, there will be an economy. It's extremely unlikely that all currencies become worthless at once (it's all relative in any case). Point is you can convert gold and silver to any currency.

Now in a true survival/anarchy situation in which all currencies become worthless I'm obviously not gonna trade my one gun and box of ammo for your silver (since you'd probably just use the gun and ammo I just gave you to take the silver right back). No one is that retarded.

Good to have some other barter items on hand of course - guns, ammo, seeds, tobacco, boots, medicines, hatchets, tarps, rope, fishing line and hooks, hygeine items

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
One must look at more than just the current events to explain man's desire for Gold.

Yes, some are looking to gold as a way to hedge against the market's collapse.

But, man has delved after gold for centuries before the stock market and our current financial system.

When I saw the episode of "Ancient Aliens" titled alien mission, it described what a few others in this thread have talked about in regards to Nibiru. This show talked about ancient Sumerian Texts (from which many stories of the bible have been taken), and in these texts it says that those from Nibiru desired Gold.

This theory sounds a little too much like the movie "Stargate" to be true, however ..... as someone pointed out in another thread, the government likes hiding truths in plain sight, so when the truths are revealed they are too much like the movie, and so people discredit them right away.

So, Yes, I think it is possible that an ancient extra terrestial race needed gold from our planet.

Was it these aliens that perpetuated our strong desire for gold? Possibly, or it could be just our love for shiny things like diamonds.

I heard on the radio that not even enough gold has been mined to fill two olympic sized swimming pools. Is there any possible way that they could know how much gold was dug up in all past antiquity? My guess is no.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
True,if cash isnt worth anything,and cash is all you can get with gold. Then you will be one unlucky sob if your starving and all you have to look at is gold.

The true reason people say gold is where it's at,if the economy falls,is that gold keeps going up in value and is worth more every day,worth more than you paid for it,but if the economy fails,so will the gold market.

If i had a choice,in a survival situation after the economy collapses.1. ten bars of gold 2. a rifle,ammunition,antibiotic cremes,water purifier.

number 2 would be my obvious choice.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by miracleretiree

The true reason people say gold is where it's at,if the economy falls,is that gold keeps going up in value and is worth more every day,worth more than you paid for it,but if the economy fails,so will the gold market.

I have to disagree since the desire for gold has been around since before economics as we know it.

<< 1   >>

join