It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs: its in the genes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
if you ever read wikipedia's account of Steve Jobs (Apple entrepreneur extraordinaire), its almost unbelievable.
he was adopted in San Francisco in 1955. He dropped out of Reed College after 1 semester. He goes to India and comes back a Buddhist. At one time he owned 7% of Disney, and now he is ridiculously wealthy. look, people do look different and he's just a brilliant man. that being said, doesn't he rather look odd? if there was some kind of child born from ets genetic material, i believe it would be him. yes, it would be great to start a scientific search in a chronological method. however, history and logistics show that an unusual and brilliant result is the starting point, and then you go backwards. jobs has such a distinctive look. and his health issues might be seen as the consequences of incompatibilities of mixing genetic materials. of course, this is just rambling discourse, meaning nothing at all. who's to say he even knows.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
When I look at Steve Jobs I see nothing out of the ordinary... He looks like an everyday average joe to me...

I think he was just a man who was forward thinking who saw opportunities that others may have overlooked and in turn it made him a very wealthy man. I do think some of the Apple brands practices are questionable at best but that can be said for just about every large corp.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Meh, Steve Jobs had a little vision, and stole some ideas from Bill Gates. He's definitely brilliant in being manipulative, but the true brains behind Apples genius original breakthroughs was Steve Wozniak. I personally dislike Steve Jobs, but whatever.

As for him being an alien merely because he took an unconventional approach to becoming wealthy

I'm going to have to go with a big NO !!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
or maybe he is a reincarnated soul of gandhi

check this out lol

lh6.ggpht.com...
edit on 18-1-2011 by Onet Wosix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Didn't Wozniack and Gates steal from IBM and Xerox, I guess Robber Barons still exist. It's a proud American tradition.

sorry off topic

If I were to make an alien/human, I would not make him so he got Pancreatic cancer, just saying.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
he is not an alien, he just takin '___', everyone on those gets good visions, no need genes

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by unityemissions

Didn't Wozniack and Gates steal from IBM and Xerox, I guess Robber Barons still exist. It's a proud American tradition.

No, they did not. You don't know what you are talking about plus you've mixed up your Steves. Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs co-founded Apple. Wozniak didn't steal from anyone. He's a genius in his own right who developed the core components of the Apple ][ computer. Basically he figured out a way to take the refresh signal for the CRT screen and use it to refresh the memory chips on the opposite side of its AC cycle. No one had ever done that before. He really has done nothing significant since and he hardly qualifies as a 'robber baron,' though he is wealthy. At least, he used to be. Woz has a problem. He spends a lot of money. I wouldn't at all be surprised to read that he has lost his entire fortune.

You can claim that Jobs "stole" from Xerox if you want, but it is far fetched. He 'stole' the idea of a Graphical User Interface and mouse and incorporated into the first Macs, this based on a single visit to Xerox PARC where he had witnessed a demo. Xerox didn't bother to capitalize on their idea; Jobs did. Gates then 'stole' the GUI idea for Windows. This whole steal what from whom issue has already been through the courts and is a done deal.

Gates did not steal from IBM. Gates developed IBM-DOS at the behest of IBM. He also used his own version, MS-DOS, which was technically equivalent to IBM-DOS and was part of their marketing deal. If he had actually stolen it from IBM they would have sued the pants off of him. What Gates did do is BUY Seattle-DOS from its developer (It had several names, including 86-DOS,) who had 'stolen' the idea from CP/M, its 8-bit equivalent. It's a very close knock-off. It's a wonder Digital Research did not sue Seattle Computer, but it was for an entirely different processor. In other words, they looked similar on the screen and performed the same functions, but the code used to get them to do it was entirely different. Indeed, they HAD to be different because they were used on different processors. And that's probably the answer right there of why they didn't get sued; they didn't have a case. Seattle DOS was the basis for both IBM-DOS and MS-DOS, so in effect MS-DOS came out of the CP/M tradition..

There are plenty of reasons to question the business practices of both Microsoft and Apple, but your claim that "Wozniack (sic) and Gates [stole] from IBM and Xerox" is completely and utterly bogus.
edit on 1/18/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
WHAT this doesn't even belong in the gray area.

You just come on here and say oh he must be alien because he looks distinct and is sick??

WTH is that?

The man is SICK and has been for quite some time. He doesn't look any more distinct than anyone else. He looks like an average guy who is sick right now and I hope he gets well soon. He is not alien!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I stand corrected.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
it is funny to look at someone succesful and think to yourself "hmmm, if an alien were to have babies, he/she would be it". I mean it just sounds weird and funny at the same time...

there are theories abound, however, that illuminati are elite reptilian shapeshifters who own some of the largest corporations in the world.....but you weren't saying he was reptilian were you? LoL

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
no, i'm not saying he is a gray or a reptilian. the aspect of being exceptional is quite interesting. in this day and age, mystery is not accepted well. think about it. everyone knows where they are from. birth certificates to college degrees explain and infer who we are. legally, the person attending a wedding ceremony is better evidence of the marriage than the marriage certificate itself. who we say we are has a lot to do with how we say it: we say we are from somewhere, we went to some college... this thread was just an interesting way of talking about different ideas. that's about it. like all thoughts, they disappear after awhile. nothing personal.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
There's only so many ways you can make awesome technology ghey before it makes you sick... even if you own the complany.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

Jobs is no alien.

He studied history and used the old slavery model for his technology sales.

I find it amusing that any man/woman/culture that achieves anything is called an alien.

Wake up. Humans are amazing. While most are asleep, those who are awake are capable of anything.

Too bad most of them destroy their world as they move to acquire.

On a side note, Jobs and Oprah are both adopted. Guess there is some truth to adopted kids having a deep seated abandonment issue that manifests in an abnormal need to acquire.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
He looked normal before he got sick and aged rapidly.

new topics

top topics

join