It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you and what were you doing on 911? No debates please.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I was a senior in high school. I was in Calculus class and the Headmaster made an announcement over the intercom that a plane had hit the World Trade Center in what appeared to be a "terrorist attack". After the announcement, I don't recall us really doing anything for the rest of the class. I was lucky enough to have independent study in film for the rest of the day after calculus class, so myself and the other three guys in my "class" watched the news for the rest of the day.

My mom's boyfriend at the time had a daughter who was a bit older than me. I remember being quite worried about her because she was flying to Texas that day and at that time, I hadn't heard where the planes had originated. We later found out that her plane never took off because of the tragedy.

I don't think many people of this generation will ever forget where they were and what they were doing when they heard the news.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'd just gotten home from a young mother's group with my daughter and I'd turned on the TV for her to keep her amused while I went to unpack some shopping. I turned on the TV literally moments before the second plane hit. At that point, I ran to my neighbours and told them to get their TV on quickly because something bad had happened.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm 49 and I don't think any of us will ever forget that day. Thank you all for responding.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I was in the middle of gym class that morning 8th grade, gym was cut short and we sat on the stage watching it on tv for the rest of the period and mostly for the rest of the day.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Right, I had just finished my shift at my parents pub, or more to the point retired from the bar after a few pints to settle in with a 6 pack and watch my weekly intake of Star Trek DS9 which was on repeats, but I hadn't seen it before. I switched on the telly and there was no DS9 just a news report that a plane had hit a tower. I was a little annoyed with this as it wasn't part of my plans. Then slowly it began to sink in what had happened and the when the second plane hit I knew something more haappened. After that it's a blur really.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SpunGCake

Are you filling in for George Bush? He is the only one we know of who saw the first plane hit on Sept/01.

Everyone else had to wait until Sept 12/01

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I had worked a double shift the night before in order to have the next two days off because my family was visiting. I was sleeping in and my mother opens my door and says that a plane hit the world trade center. She is quite the practical joker so I took it with a grain of salt and rolled over to go back to sleep. Not being able to resume my slumber I got out of bed, put on my robe, and walked into the kitchen to get some coffee and see what was going on. As I walked by my livingroom I could see everybody in the livingroom just staring at the TV in shock. I hurried up and made my coffee, scooted my dog out of my chair and sat down to see what the big deal was. The reporter was going on about this accident and at that moment...the second plane hit! What a way to start your day huh? I guess the rest of the day was like everybody elses...glued to the TV watching it over and over flipping ffrom news channel to news channel trying to wrap my head around it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I was at home, watching cartoons (I was 11) and then the transmission was interrupted and the news came on. They showed the plane going through one of the towers and the anchorman was saying what a tragedy it was for the United States and the world. How our country (Argentina) supported the US and that we should pray for the victims and their families.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I was building a new playpark on a Mcdonalds . At about 10 am the owner called and sent us all home . We didn't go back to work for 3 days. By april most of the company was laid off . What a bad year.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I lived in New Jersey when the towers went down. I was in fourth grade, and since we were kids of course, we weren't "allowed" to talk about this... I guess because it would ensue panic. However, my teacher, (to this day, best teacher I've ever had) was informed by another adult that something "really horrible," as she described it, had happened. Apparently her uncle was in one of the planes that hit. Our school shut down about an hour later since it was located near some sort of nuclear facility that was under threat of being attacked. I started bawling once I saw my mother's face, she was obviously horrified. When we made it home, we turned on the news... I remember my heart pounding out of my chest because for some reason I thought our neighborhood was under threat. To this day, I don't think I've ever been more scared in my life.

Won't forget the way my living room smelled that day.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was in Takesaki Japan in a hotel room. I flip on the tv when I woke up and saw CNN and the twin towers. I called my buddy in the room down the hall and said what the F is going on .He said he was up ealry and was watching it. I said why didn't you call asshole. He was like what are you gonna do. I go call home an talk to the wife and make sure she is not freaking out.

He laughed.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Where were you and what were you doing on 911

I was at work in a mine when our boss told us to vacate the mine when they found out that the second plain had hit.
I was 1800ft under ground and had no clue what was going as I got top side the boss told us that we were under attack and to go home and be with our family's.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
reply to post by SenstivelyMe

Odd, that you were bringing life into this world as others worked so hard to take it. Boy or Girl? and how is that child doing now, approaching ten.

Bless you.

Thank you. :-) He is a boy and is doing quite well. Your first line, it kind of punched me in the stomach. Sad and true. I never looked at it quite that way. I mean, I knew I was going to be giving birth soon and I knew so many had died, but to word it like you did... I've found a new respect on many things.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Sleeping....

then waking up to find out i have a day off

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I was getting ready for work. I hardly ever turned the TV on in the morning but that morning I turned on the news just as they started reporting it. I went to work and everyone was somber except one girl that kept wanting to talk about Monday Night Football. Finally, I asked her if she knew what happened and she freaked out when I told her. Her husband was in Airforce Mobility and she kept calling him but he would not answer. He finally called her and told her that he could not talk about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Very sobering to recall it to this day. I was running a small in home day care at the time. My kids were all under school age. That morning I planted them in front of a disney movie and tried to keep an eye on them while I watched the tv in the kitchen. Horrified, scared, worried about my own kids who were at school, I spent the whole day trying to not show the kids how afraid and upset I was. Of course the scene of the second plane hitting the towers will always be foremost in my mind about that day, but I remember feeling such a sense of national pride when everyone pulled together. It was the first time in my life that I had ever felt a stab in my heart at the sight of the US flag, and I will never ever forget that feeling most of all. I still get choked up when I see a flag slowly flapping on a breeze.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I was at college on my way home when we heard of the catastrophe , a few sad and mislead peeps were celebrating, they were communists btw
I got home just in time to witness the towers collapse.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I was at work the whole day. Right after the first plane hit, a co-worker (ex-Israeli intel), who habitually listened to news radio heard about it.

We scrambled to rig up the TV we had for training videos, to get in a station. We got a grainy, but serviceable image, and saw the plane hit the tower.

We thought it was a replay, but what we had actually just seen, was the SECOND plane hit. It was all pretty confusing right at the moment. I looked at this co-worker (after the first one), and said, "I doubt this is an accident"...and he nodded. When the second when hit, we both had the same thought..."So this is the beginning of World War III?" Time will tell if we were correct. Could already be in it. It isn't like there is some big day commemorating the start of a war.

I was supposed to be flying into NYC that day, but the trip was postponed previous to that week.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join