It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you and what were you doing on 911? No debates please.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This is going to sounds quite odd, but fitting for ATS.

I didnt have cable at the time, just regular analog signal through a pair of rabbit ears on my TV.
John Edward:Crossing Over had just went to syndication at 9 am on CBS, and I had set my alarm for 8:30 am to wake up and watch it.

My first thought was when I saw the breaking news was "Oh man they are gonna skip Crossing Over, then the second plane hit and I realized what was really going on. John Edward was no longer in my thoughts.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I was at a client site. I was informed about things after they had transpired since I was in a meeting at the time. We all settled around a TV and watched the news. Upon seeing the buildings fall, I told those watching with me that they just witnessed a controlled demolition much like they would see in Las Vegas.

Buildings don't fall at near free fall speed in their own footprint without assistance. Sorry, but it is completely impossible. If it weren't impossible, it would be far cheaper to utilize jet fuel to bring down buildings than it would be to hire a demolition team.

I also remember Rumsfeld telling us how the Pentagon "lost" $2.3Tril the day before.

Yep, remember it all quite well.

It was my wake up regarding what is truly going on. When the PATRIOT Act showed up shortly thereafter, it solidified my theory.

edit on 18-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I was in bed asleep. My fiance called me and told me to get up and turn on the t.v. and that something was happening in New York. He didn't know exactly what was going on because he wasn't in front of a t.v. he was at work and a customer had called them and told them what was happening. So I meander into the living room and turn on the television. Caught about 15 seconds of it and called my parents and told them to turn on the t.v. and that they were bombing New York. I didn't know who I thought "they" were at the time. I was thinking about Pearl Harbor. I couldn't figure out how they got into our airspace. Then after about 5 minutes of the news and a cup of coffee later I realized they weren't bombing us but using our planes for their suicidal mission of flying them into our buildings. I don't fly but looking into the skies later on in the day and seeing no airplanes at all because they all had been grounded was hauntingly surreal. Very sad day and one I will never ever forget.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I was working in a candy warehouse and I took my paper work into the office and the tv was on showing the first tower on fire ...I thought that some air traffic controller made a bobo ..peace

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Drunk as a skunk in my bunk

I dont' remember that day to much

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I was on my way to the bank. In the main street a crowd had gathered around a TV store and the people were watching the events on the screen visible through the window. I was in a hurry, I glanced at the TV screen and saw an airplane hitting the tower, and thought it was a movie. Went into the bank and everyone was talking about it...so I dashed out again and joined the crowd and watched it there briefly, before dashing home so I could get the sound.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I was lying in bed, half asleep, at apx 8 AM Central US time (= 9 AM Eastern) - and my clock radio / alarm flipped on - to the "oldies" station I had it set on.

I was lying in bed, half awake, the DJs were not laughing and joking as usual. My first thought was, being as it was an oldies station - another Beatle must have died.

But then - as I lay there, half listening, it seemed like something was really horribly WRONG.

So I got up, put the TV on - and it was on EVERY channel - even the PBS and 'indie' ones - these had like CNN hooked in, or some other large news outlet. That alone was rather surreal.

I began watching TV - probably shortly after the first plane hit. The particulars are starting to fade, but I remember it was right at the beginning and I watched it all day, I was fascinated.

I was a full time student at the time - most public and private colleges and uni's were shut down in Chicago here - *except* the one I attended. So I had to go to school later that day. (Downtown here, Central Biz Area - was evacuated almost immediately - there were fears that we "might be next". The entire city began evacuation immediately. I believe LA and other large US cities did likewise.)

I had been though school once already (engineering), and was studying physics - so I was very interested in all the technical aspects of it. I too thought - *while watching the buildings fall* - this is explosives. This is controlled demolition. I remember thinking that - as it happened.

(I don't mean to stir any debate either, this is just what I was thinking, at the time.)

Yes I did finish that chunk of school also, now have MS in Physics. I do not remember 911 ever being discussed much at school. However, I am sure it would've been discussed more in Civil Engineering and Architecture departments.

A few days later, I was on the net looking for technical analysis, the first one I found was from the U of Sydney's Civil Engineering department. Less than a week after 911.

Myself, in school, we went back to our boring grindstones. I remember my neighbors at the time, being a little nicer and friendlier after 911. For maybe 2 days. Then they went right back to growling at you.

And - hell - I think it was *the afternoon of* 911 - by 9/12 AM for sure - there were already people walking the streets/standing in traffic intersections - selling US flags and decals. They didn't waste any time. Oy.

The thing about 911 that I remember most is the somber and somewhat pannicked voices of the DJs on the radio, when I first woke up. This is what sticks most in my mind.

edit on 18-1-2011 by Whiffer Nippets because: typo

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavannahJane
I was in bed asleep. My fiance called me and told me to get up and turn on the t.v. and that something was happening in New York. He didn't know exactly what was going on because he wasn't in front of a t.v. he was at work and a customer had called them and told them what was happening. So I meander into the living room and turn on the television. Caught about 15 seconds of it and called my parents and told them to turn on the t.v. and that they were bombing New York. I didn't know who I thought "they" were at the time. I was thinking about Pearl Harbor. I couldn't figure out how they got into our airspace. Then after about 5 minutes of the news and a cup of coffee later I realized they weren't bombing us but using our planes for their suicidal mission of flying them into our buildings. I don't fly but looking into the skies later on in the day and seeing no airplanes at all because they all had been grounded was hauntingly surreal. Very sad day and one I will never ever forget.

Amen. When I saw US Airforce fighters fly sky cap over New York and DC, all I could do is ask myself - what has happened here?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I was 8 months pregnant and driving to the doctors office for a checkup. I heard it on the radio and thought it was a joke. I told the staff and they looked at me like I was crazy. When I got home, it was all over the news. I couldn't believe it was true. I held my oldest son and my belly and cried like a baby.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SenstivelyMe

Odd, that you were bringing life into this world as others worked so hard to take it. Boy or Girl? and how is that child doing now, approaching ten.

Bless you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Was going down the mekong on a sampan with some of the local villagers . Heard about it on a radio news report on an am radio that they were listening to..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Being a LCDC in a substance abuse program at the main Salvation Army Center in Dallas, I was in the middle of a First Aid/CPR training class. Our instructor was a fireman who was on the Dallas team - a group of firemen who would go to a city that would be in the mist of experiencing something drastic. I would imagine every big city across America has these types of teams who can deploy to a location in the matter of hours.

During our first break, he had spoken with someone at his station and, immediately, started hooking the TV back into the facility cable and he stated someone had happened in NY. Within a few seconds of viewing the carnage taking place, I phoned my mother. She was aware and was extremely upset at what she was watching. I told her to wake Dad up and let him know what was happening. Then I went back to training.

Needless to say, we never offically completed that training. But 2 weeks later received CPR Certification cards dating 9/11/2001. The instructor, after 30-60 minutes, informed us that he was being called to NY as soon as possible - he had to leave. Having to go back to the Unit I as a Counselor in, I spent the day doing as little as possible in order to get close to a TV to find out what was going on. I hated relying on all kinds of people saying all kinds of different things. I watched alot of it on the TV in the Social Services office with people there trying to get some help to deal with.....something. Maybe it was just me - lost in the TV trying to make sense of what I was seeing. But it seems like few of those people were even noticing the TV! But, as I said, it could just be my perception thinking back to that day....................

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I was in third grade, my mom was spazzing because she had recently separated with my father and on that day he was on a plane ride to San Francisco.. Or something like that.

My school was evacuated and our parents came and picked us up. I don't remember much else from that day other than my private school also had a bomb threat?

I lived in Southern California by the way.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I was in my rack on CG-49 while stationed in Yokosuka, Japan. I wanna say it was around two in the morning when I was woken up. Everyone was freaking out and I had thought for some reason that I had overslept and missed PT.

But then. I saw what was going on and the rest of the shop and I sat around around watching TV the rest of the night, wondering if our friends and family were okay, and what was going to happen to us. We were scheduled to FINALLY go to Austraila (I'd been looking forward to it forever!) in late September, but unfortunately, those plans were scrapped.

Few days later I found myself off the coast of Diego Garcia...stayed there for a few months, only pulling in once a week for a few hours. It was horrid. Not to mention no ability to email, surf the web or watch the news for that time, we were in a total communication black out for a few months following, only being updated as our commanding officer saw fit.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Where were you and what were you doing on 911?

I was asleep, having just come off of an extended backpacking trip and crashed out at my parents house. My dad woke me up and said a plane had just flown into the WTC tower. I remember saying something like "what? by accident?" and he just said "I don't know" and after that, it was non-stop watching the news, saw the second plane hit, live. Ironically, earlier that week we (those of us on the backpacking trip) had been commenting on the fact that where we were seemed so isolated that a war could start and we'd never know it... Funny that...

edit on 18-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I was on the computer working until I got a phone call about it. Spent the next 3 days on the couch in front of the tv.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I was on my way to volunteer for the Democratic Party during the New York City Primary Election on the morning of Tuesday September 11th, 2001.

The sun was shining, I put my shirt and tie on, and I thought it was going to be a beautiful day. That morning, the future looked really bright.

Weather-wise, it was one of the clearest and most beautiful summer days New York City had ever seen.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I was on my way to school.

I saw the first plane hit while i was on Montgomery st & summit at a red light in jersey city, NJ (Great view of the NYC skyline.) then I went to class and watched everything live from my art class's window. (Pointed toward skyline.) all the crying, and fear i felt coming off of everyone will be in my memory forever.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I was working at a bingo hall.

Sounds like we all still need closure on this and rightly so.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I was at work in at a secure program housing juveniles...when the first plane and then they started to show the footage of the hole in the tower one of the kids laughed. I pulled him aside to talk to him and explain that this was going to have serious repurcussion and he had no idea what was going on. A little while after the second plane hit and it was obvious that it was terrorism. He didn't say much the rest of the day but I remember one of the reserves that worked on the unit was called into Boston to help with whatever. I also remember coming home and sobbing a bit when they showed some footage of the people jumping or falling out of buildings. I also remember when George Bush said that any country that harbors terrorism is an enemy of the United States. I said to my girlfiend and now wife that I couldn't believe he said such an alarming statement because I had some idea that terror groups were all around the world in countries who at the time were allies. Maybe thinking back to the kid in lockup he was dealing with this situation by laughing when inside he was confused, I'm not sure but I wonder how often he thinks about our converstation during the day of 9/11..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join