It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you and what were you doing on 911? No debates please.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was just watching a National Geographic Video post about 911 on a conspiracy thread, and it brought up a lot of memories.

911 is one day very few Americans and our good friends the Canadians and the Brits and others will ever forget.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I was in government class (irony). As we walked in our teacher informed us that a plane had just struck one of the world trade center buildings. We were all in shock and trying to convince ourselves that it was a freak accident.

Then the 2nd plane struck.. The classroom went silent. No one knew what to say except there is no way it was an accident.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Was at work in Bradenton, FL heard about it on the radio, my boss thought it was a joke. and a little while later watched airforce 1 fly over from Sarasota International. Never forget it. Sad, very sad.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i was getting out of bed and getten some coffee and than i looked at the tv and saw the first plane hit and was glued to the tv for the rest of the day. i was lucky i didnt have to work that day.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I was watching a sports programme at home on tv, and the flash came up on screen about a plane flew into a building or something.

link   
I was at home, watching the morning show on TV, accually saw the second attack live. It was one horror after another. The other planes, the Pentagon, the buildings collapsing, grounding all the flights. flight 93 and the incredible actions on that plane. I wept and wept, and I still do.

link   
On the afternoon of Monday, 9/10/2001, I was released from a hospital here in Florida after a 6 day stay because I'd been bleeding internally for two weeks after a fall. I'd just moved down from Virginia in August to be with my ladylove.

On Tuesday morning, 9/11/2001, my love fixed coffee for me while I sat on the couch resting, then she went off to her job as guidance counselor at a local high school. The house we had bought needed some work, so just before she left the contractors arrived to do cabinet work and miscellaneous wood and drywall work.

I was parked in front of the tv sipping coffee as they got to work, worrying about where I'd find a job in a very non-cosmopolitan area. I was watching the Today Show when the reports started coming in about one of the towers on fire. I immediately switched to CNN.

I saw it live, sitting on the couch. I called my love and told her what I had heard, as I was talking to her the second plane hit the second tower.

The rest is history.

Where were you and what were you doing?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SpunGCake

You mean you saw the 2nd plane hit. Unless you were with GW bush.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

oh thats right i saw the damage from the first 1 and the second flew in as they were showing the damage from the first i havent thought about it for a while. i wouldnt be a good witness to date.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I actually...believed it or not. Was supposed to be on that plane. My mother tried to commit suicide, and i was on military leave to go see her. My plane was that one. I changed it because i had got an extra 2 days of leave approved.

Weirdest thing ever, when i got back to my ship, most of the people there had thought i was dead, since there was no outside contact allowed during most of the heightened security

I spent my days in the hot tub.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpunGCake
reply to post by mayabong

oh thats right i saw the damage from the first 1 and the second flew in as they were showing the damage from the first i havent thought about it for a while. i wouldnt be a good witness to date.

Same here; first thing I saw on NBC was one smoking tower. I saw the second as it flew in after I had switched to CNN.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernutty

I believe it. My lady was on that same flight, just one week earlier, that was downed at Lockerbie.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was sitting at my desk at work writing an environmental impact assessment for the President George Bush Turnpike.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I worked nights.. My wife woke me up and said "there's an attack on the pentagon & the twin towers"

i said "what? that can't be.. that's the most protected airspace in America"

then watched the BS unfold to this day..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I was a driver for a cartage company based in Seattle. I was doing a hotshot (dedicated truck, immediate delivery to far off places) to some place on the east side of the Cascades. I had left real early in the AM and was getting to the point on I-90 where the Seattle radio stations start to get a little hit or miss. Listening to Stearn that morning, I heard just the briefest of outlines on what was going on. I shut off the radio shortly after as I could not understand what was going on. Listened to CD's the rest of the journey and it was not until I arrive to the delivery location that I learned what had happened in its entirety.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hi, I remember being in High School taking an Intro to Physics class when another teacher came in and confronted our teacher with the news. Suddenly class was stopped and we spent nearly that entire day watching the TV with very little education being accomplished. What got me was the mixed response among my classmates which of course I can say we were all immature at that time. One male yelled, "All right, Anarchy!" as we watched the chaos and was immediately chided by others as thoughtless. Most were in fear of the news, constantly looking outside for planes to somehow crash land on our school as if we were a target. I remember even myself watching the planes overhead as we sat outside eating lunch, thinking "what if." Aside from the fear and hysteria created amongst the students over the news, somehow it was a postive thing, we didn't think we had to learn anything that day, when in retrospect what I learned was how foolish the immediate prespective of the situation was. Nonetheless it was sad and tragic, a stain on our history no matter how it was caused.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TigerUppercut

I can identify with what you experienced. When Ronald Reagan was shot, I was - appropriately enough - in theater class when a staffer told our teacher what had happened. There was combination of gasps, yawns, and cheers by us students. I felt the cheering to be wildly inappropriate, and it made me uncomfortable.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Wow that was so long ago. I was actually in 6th grade walking to my next class (I think it was Gym class?) And some girl told me that a bunch of people blew up a building and I was like "yeah right". I remember a ton of concerned parents coming to the school and picking up their children. When I got home I saw what had happened on fox news and I thought was that the whole thing was an accident and I wondered why everyone thought it was terrorists that did it...I thought maybe the pilot lost control of the plane and hit the tower. Then I saw the second plane hit....I was kinda scared. Then my brother told me to say the numbers of the date out loud. 9 -1-1. The American emergency distress call. That scared me even more! I think I was too young then to really realize what was going on. The main thing I remember is all the adults being freaked out haha.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was in school and walking to my next class. I had to cut through the cafeteria and they had TVs on and there was a small group watching. Someone said there was a plane that hit one of the World Trade Center buildings. At first everyone thought it was a horrible accident but then we all watched in horror as the second plane hit... It was one of the most surreal moments of my life.

We spent the rest of the day talking about the events that had unfolded. It was a very uneasy time for everyone to say the least. I don't think I will ever forget where I was and what I was doing that day.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
it was after 10pm here in australia. i had only just gone to bed and my husband was staying up to watch the sports news. he was watching the news when they cut in and showed the first live pictures of the first tower. he watched live as the second plane hit.

i will never ever forget his voice as he ran into the bedroom and said get up, get up now. i have just seen a plane fly into a building. i jumped up and ran out and we put it on cnn and sat up all night and watched the whole thing unfold live on t.v. i NEVER EVER thought those building would collapse. we watched it till 6am when i had to get the kids up and ready for school.

I will also never forget the london attack. we had been down to sydney to see the uss "kittyhawk" docked at garden island. you wont believe this but i managed to sneak myself, husband and two kids onboard for a private tour with an official group. we were sh*tting ourselves the whole time we were going to get shot by all the marines standing around with guns. anyway, when we asked the pilot who was giving us the private tour when do they leave, he said thats classified i asked would it be too late to come the next day and take photos from the shoreline. he said i would probably get some good shots. code talk i think for yes, we will still be here tomorrow. as we left to return home, a journey of 1 hour, we heard the london attacks unfolding live on the radio. by the time we reached home, the kittyhawk had already put to sea. he had told us that all sailors on shore leave had to stay within 20 mins of the carrier. they carried pagers and that they could put to sea within 1/2 hour. the moment london started happening, they put that into practise and were gone.

<<   2  3 >>

join