It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Beatings are good

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Sometimes it is obvious who the perpetrator is especially when it is on video, they deserve some good whoopings. But for those who are found guilty in court, also deserve some. I am not saying a police state, some beatings.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Sometimes it is obvious who the perpetrator is especially when it is on video, they deserve some good whoopings. But for those who are found guilty in court, also deserve some. I am not saying a police state, some beatings.

But this is my whole point. It may be fun to sit back and wish it could happen, but it never will unless we have a police state.

-How would you legislate it?
-How would you monitor it?
-Would you want to pay for extra lawsuits by victims claiming they didn't fall under the catagory of the "Deserves a Beating" statute?
-How would you deal with cops that stretched the boundries?

These are real questions, and ones which erase the validity in this whole thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You're kidding, right?

Police beatings are never good. NEVER. It goes against everything the U.S. stands for -- the rule of law, innocent until proven guilty, and quick but humane justice after due process and a conviction.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that most criminals tend to deal well with "violent" situations. The psychology of the matter is something to consider before saying that beating people, that are already disfunctional, will help the situation or all of a sudden elighten them that crime of any sort is wrong. If it worked I would be all for it but it is not that easy.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
I am not saying a police state, [just] some beatings.

Well then, by all means let me be the one to start off.

I will beat you just sometimes.

Understand your own logic? Follow mine.

If you want some beatings, who decides when these beatings are to occur? Me (the beater), or you (the beaten)?

You---> they too (as well as me) are liable to pursecution from you (be it, court or vengeance). You--->

Wanting beatings is like wanting random searches of homes with force, but not wanting your house to be that one searched.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Bottom line- the police are law ENFORCEMENT, not the LAW. Anything done not according to the law is in fact BREAKING the law. I have never read anywhere that the constitution of the US says that cops can arbitraraly beat someone. Therefore any cop that beats a "suspect" is in fact commiting ASSAULT.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Bottom line- the police are law ENFORCEMENT, not the LAW. Anything done not according to the law is in fact BREAKING the law. I have never read anywhere that the constitution of the US says that cops can arbitraraly beat someone. Therefore any cop that beats a "suspect" is in fact commiting ASSAULT.

We have a fellow thinker!
Assault is assault is assault is assault. Beating is an assault. Aside from self-defense, this is always true.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have a very simple cure for the police beatings.If a cop is found to have beaten a person , then they are chained down and the person gets to beat the pig in the same way they were beaten, we can even put it on tv, like the pig beatings. Lets see how long that goes. If cops start quiting becouse of it, they are not who we wanted as "PEACE' officers anyway.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I was once beat up by a cop for asking him to read me my rights. True story, I got busted for pot, didn't resist, got handcuffed, asked to have my rights read to me, got beat up by a cop. I think that police are worse than gangs when it comes to beatings. Most gangs don't wait until you're handcuffed to start beating you. I think it must be penis envy or something.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I have a very simple cure for the police beatings.If a cop is found to have beaten a person , then they are chained down and the person gets to beat the pig in the same way they were beaten, we can even put it on tv, like the pig beatings. Lets see how long that goes. If cops start quiting becouse of it, they are not who we wanted as "PEACE' officers anyway.

Haha sorry, the criminals get the beatings on TV, on America's Wildest Police Videos. Sorry. Looks like the criminals are the ones getting it.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The pigs are the criminals, worse than any others. The real difference is the pigs hide behind a badge and have a gun. they aree cowards, beating someone held down or handcuffed-discusting, I repeat, they should be beaten exactly as they do. So you shall soe, so shall you reap.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well if so I hope you find yourself on the end of one sometime because you seem in need of a good beating.

I've many, many times seen innocent people get the crap kicked out of them by role-crazy, mean tempered police for doing absolutely NOTHING. To think that this is somehow ever the right thing to do is rediculous.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
TACHYON, I've got a 2x4 with nails in it, I'm saving specially to use on you puppy. We can have a REAL good time.

Truth is a lot of police have more attitude than professionalism. As bad as they sometimes are they are probably better than they used to be 100 years ago. Back then they were semi-organized thugs, now they are organized semi-thugs.

Anyone remember growing up with that idealistic image of cops being big strong protectors of law-abiding citizens? How the mighty have fallen from the grace in my mind.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
The pigs are the criminals, worse than any others. The real difference is the pigs hide behind a badge and have a gun. they aree cowards, beating someone held down or handcuffed-discusting, I repeat, they should be beaten exactly as they do. So you shall soe, so shall you reap.

Pigs are the criminals?...Obviously youve never needed the cops...I dont agree with someone getting beat once cuffed...but people...and especially big media...loves to use the words "beat" and "excessive" way to often...My question to you...If you arrest a perp...a repeated perp...and he's in cuffs (obviously)...and he starts kicking and spitting...what would you do?...Throw in the fact that the perp has TB or Hep....?....You'd have to use violence...and whats everyone gonna scream..."EXCESSIVE"...dont let a few bad apple ruin the lot...because 99% of cops are good cops...

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddixdont let a few bad apple ruin the lot...because 99% of cops are good cops...

That's exactly the point. Though I think the number would be closer to 90%. A lot of macho boys out there. I would think 1 in 10. Then that one gives a bad name for the other 9. Let's be fair, don't paint all the cops "pigs" because of a small minority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join