It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Beatings are good

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoonieSkoba

The problem is that too much of the inner city public no longer respects the police

You said it ALL right there...thanx to big media...with the help of Rap (which I do like but dis-agree with tons)...a cops job has become next to impossible at time...everyone cries victim...your story was a perfect example...

Think about it....If a kid (somewhere between 15-18) was to come at you with a knife...and you had a gun handy....would you shot him?...Now lets play monday morning quarterback...A kid (who's later found to be a big 14 year old)...comes at a cop with a knife...the kids not white...the cops white...the kid is shot...who's going to be crucified?...sures hell aint gonna be the knife weilding kid...

All Im saying is put yourself in the cops shoes before youre so quick to judge...

[edit on 7/15/2004 by BasementAddix]

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yes! So many of the cop beating videos that wind up on TV are taken out of context. Without knowing why they're beating on someone, people immediately jump to the wrong conclusions.

I'm not saying that there aren't cops that beat up people for non-just-cause. If they do, they should be identified and punished. I'm just saying that being a cop is a very tough, often thankless job, and the media fuels people's misunderstanding of their role because it gets them ratings. I'm skeptical of any 'cop beating' story I see on TV until the whole picture is known.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Driver:Thinks to himslef, I dont want to go to jail, should i run
Driver:If i run, and they catch me i will end up in the hospital in critical condition
Driver:maybe sometime in jail is better than geting fed through a straw.

Driver:*gets to jail, makes a few "freinds"*

TACHYON: Violence solves EVERYTHING!

[edit on 7/18/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85

Driver:Thinks to himslef, I dont want to go to jail, should i run
Driver:If i run, and they catch me i will end up in the hospital in critical condition
Driver:maybe sometime in jail is better than geting fed through a straw.

Driver:*gets to jail, makes a few "freinds"*

TACHYON: Violence solves EVERYTHING!

[edit on 7/18/04 by xenophanes85]

LOL, that was funny. Not everything, but yes it will solve this.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It is true that in countries (epsecially mid east) where people recieve beatings instead of jail sentences... the crime rate is lower. Although these are often dictatorships. You do a crime.. they give you a few whips on the behind and probably your not going to do that crime again.

But this is the USA and we don't really do things like that.

People complain how much $$$ is wasted in sending people to correctional buildings for crimes.. where they are fed 3 meals a day.

I remain neutral on this subject.. hoverver Tachyon has made some good points and I won't bash him for it.. I believe he has the right to voice this opinion.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

For all of those who get so mad at blaming the police for being racist and stuff. Look at the pereptrator of the Crime. They are criminals regardless of their race. All races get beat by the police. You only hear the ones in which a black man is beat. Rodney King deserved that beating for leading police on a chase, he used his race as an excuse. The police are out their doing their job and a criminal who might refuse to yield for a traffic ticket will then lead police on a high speed chase, endangering the lives of the innocent. I think after they catch the person they should use their clubs to beat the person and then go to trial. They should carry extra clubs just in case if the first one broke.If beatings are allowed and mandatory for serious offenses watch how much the crime will go down. Personally if the police found me doing something bad I would be glad to recieve a beating, you bet I wont be doing that same thing again next time.

Are you a cop? Have you ever been beaten? Are you black? I cant believe you think its ok for cops to beat people. Thats just STUPID!

People do life, and still do crimes, WE are human, Maybe Bush should have been beaten on one of his three DWI's. Wake up dude, I hope you never do anything that my be shady, then you get your ass kicked, see hoe much you like it. Having a dog naw on your are for no reason. Just plain STUPID!:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Why is it that everything has to come down to race?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
Why is it that everything has to come down to race?

Because sadly thats what its all about. I have never seen a white person treated like a black person. I can walk me streets all day never be hassled, I can stand on the corner all day long not once will the detectives bother me. Let a brother do the same. HA HA HA they are getting shoes striped off socks come off, hancuffed and abused, for what? Because they ALL sell drugs? Why did Denzel Wasington, have to be crooked to get a oscar?
Why do we have Klan members still burnnig crosses?

I also want to KKKnow why it has to come down to race!

I want to know why, not one black person could get a single senate signature!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Why are black people more suspicious? Since now you have brought up the subject of race I will state with some FACTS: Check out this thread. Make sure you read the data.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
It is true that in countries (epsecially mid east) where people recieve beatings instead of jail sentences... the crime rate is lower. Although these are often dictatorships. You do a crime.. they give you a few whips on the behind and probably your not going to do that crime again.

But this is the USA and we don't really do things like that.

People complain how much $$$ is wasted in sending people to correctional buildings for crimes.. where they are fed 3 meals a day.

I remain neutral on this subject.. hoverver Tachyon has made some good points and I won't bash him for it.. I believe he has the right to voice this opinion.

Thank you for your input, I doubt that punishment will ever get more severe in the US, and race does not matter, i will have to agree. Why are arab Americans NOW treated more suspiciously. Because they did a bad thing, and have brought the suspicion onto themselves. Im not saying all are bad. Those few bad ones make all look bad, thats why we should get all the bad ones cause it makes ME look bad. Same with AA's, the bad make them all look bad.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Real intelligent post there, KJ. Real intelligent.

When was the last time you sold a house to a Republican?

:shk:

[edit on 13-7-2004 by jsobecky]

1) What is the problem with my post? You didn't really make yourself clear.

2) What do you care about selling houses?

3) Are you the new Republican policeman around here?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It could happen to any race TACHYON... as it happened to the Arab.

It is really the right-wing conservatives which bring everything down to race, and then call people of more liberal opinion the true racists.

My grandfather was a WW2 vet and very much a liberal who says "the punishments in the USA Justice system does not fit the crimes" It's like how a child rapist can rape some child and then get a light sentence. Crimes need to have specific designed punishments based on how severe the crimes were and the damage done to the person the crime was put against.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This whole arguement is flawed.

If you think beatings should be part of legal repercussion due to criminal act, then fine. That is at least a reasonable point of view.

If you think beatings are cruel punishment, then that is fine too.

Either way, you can not be for police beating people due to the fact that the judicial system and a basic tenent of the US is that we all have the right to a fair trial and conviction before any punishment is carried out.

Now after reading that, some of you may still say "Hey, but our judicial system is tainted and operates due to politics, money, power, etc rather than justice". While that may be true (and I am one to believe it), then the view of police beatings is STILL stupid.

If you are of this mind you would be railing for judicial reform along with a restructuring of punishments and methods.

So, in conclusion, the author of this thread is a nitwit who hasn't thought more than to wisk his little fingers over his keyboard in a faceless sea.

What a Brave Boy.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
KrazyJethro, the criminals get away and do not get enough punishment. Physical pain should be brought into the punishment scheme. Then their lawyers lie thier way to a acqital. The police have the clubs for a reason, if you dont want them to have it, go tell it to them that you would like for them to stop making use of thier clubs and turn them all in.At least after every chase or child abuse(Abuse not discipline), rape, pedophile etc.. incident, a beating should be in place. For your information I have made a good point and if you cannot make a clear defense leave the insults to yourslef.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Krazy Wrote:

"So, in conclusion, the author of this thread is a nitwit who hasn't thought more than to wisk his little fingers over his keyboard in a faceless sea."

Very typical last supposed "winning conclusion" Call someone a nitwit. Anytime conservatives ideals are challenged they do something like you do. No offense because you have made some good points in other threads too.

Just because the man is not all right-wing founding fathers god bless the USA patriot.. doesen't make him a nitwat or a boy. He has made some interesting points... whether or not you agree with him.

For I believe not only conservatives have the right to free speech.

TACHYON: Good points

I have little or no compassion for people who abuse or rape children. Some of these people get very small sentences.... so these people can get out of prison and come and rape your little boy.

It all changes when a criminal affects you personally I believe.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I would like for you to put yourslef in the shoes of a victim. Would you people be typing the same things now? If you were raped or murdered and were able to come back from the dead to be able to do one thing and that was state your opininon on ATS, would you write the same thing?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I would like for you to put yourslef in the shoes of a victim. Would you people be typing the same things now? If you were raped or murdered and were able to come back from the dead to be able to do one thing and that was state your opininon on ATS, would you write the same thing?

Yes I would. I unlike many (not to infer you, but others), have thought out and am fairly well versed in politics and the like, if you haven't noticed.

You may be coming from the fed up department, which I understand. Sometimes I just want them to beat the # out of someone too.

BUT (and this is a big but, and I'm not talking about Sir Mixalot - damn am I that old...)

This sort of thing would throw out a huge portion of search and sezure, Miranda rights, etc and legislation would have to be brought to change the Constitution if we allowed things like this.

I am working within the current laws (as I assume most would because changing that is a huge ordeal). Because the system is broken does not mean that we should change it drastically to a police state (which police beatings would fall into).

Like I said, if you think physical punishment is warrented to criminals, then fine. That is a valid point, but that still does not negate the right to a fair trial and the right to be innocent until found guilty.

You would create a Judge Dread environment (although that may be a bit extreme but I think you get the point). Police are not judges nor do they doll out punishment.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So you are saying if you were killed for no reason, you would not want the police to beat your offender?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I have one thing to say.....

I was pulled over on Christmas eve in my small home town (where practically nothing happens).

Well, when the cop asked me for my drivers liscense (it was in my back pocket).....I reached for it. The next thing I know, There is a gun in my face. It just so happened I had my cell phone clipped to my jeans. The cop thought I was reaching for a gun.

Should that cop have shot first and asked questions later? I'm sure as hell glad he didn't. Anyway, after that whole ordeal, the cop actually became very friendly (maybe embarrased that he pulled his gun on me). Bottom line is, cops should not be able to beat someone and ask questions later.

[Edited on 25-7-2004 by MacMerdin]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

So you are saying if you were killed for no reason, you would not want the police to beat your offender?

That's exactly what I am saying. It sure is fun to play the "What if" game, but think of it like this.

If I said yes, then that would mean that I would approve of it on the whole. You can't allow things like this over a small scale because of national law. You would have to give them a wider range of action for every cop.

Problem there, is that they are not the judge or the jury. What you are advocating is that the judicial process go out the window and that we be assumed guilty until proven innocent.

That is what's called a police state. Is that what you want?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join