It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Beatings are good

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
For all of those who get so mad at blaming the police for being racist and stuff. Look at the pereptrator of the Crime. They are criminals regardless of their race. All races get beat by the police. You only hear the ones in which a black man is beat. Rodney King deserved that beating for leading police on a chase, he used his race as an excuse. The police are out their doing their job and a criminal who might refuse to yield for a traffic ticket will then lead police on a high speed chase, endangering the lives of the innocent. I think after they catch the person they should use their clubs to beat the person and then go to trial. They should carry extra clubs just in case if the first one broke.If beatings are allowed and mandatory for serious offenses watch how much the crime will go down. Personally if the police found me doing something bad I would be glad to recieve a beating, you bet I wont be doing that same thing again next time.

Look at this scenario:A person gets pulled over, for something he may or may not have done.

Driver:Thinks to himslef, I dont want to go to jail, should i run
Driver:If i run, and they catch me i will end up in the hospital in critical condition
Driver:maybe sometime in jail is better than geting fed through a straw.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Perhaps if you'd like to live in a gestapo america, if they were allowed where would the line be drawn? Beating confessions out of people, false confessions? Beat a person enough they'll tell you anything. You know maybe you'll get your wish and one day you'll have a cop beat you to death for no reason, what a wonderful world that'll be

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Perhaps if you'd like to live in a gestapo america, if they were allowed where would the line be drawn? Beating confessions out of people, false confessions? Beat a person enough they'll tell you anything. You know maybe you'll get your wish and one day you'll have a cop beat you to death for no reason, what a wonderful world that'll be

I am not saying purposeless beatings, or extraction of confessions. Beatings for a reason in which there is videotaped evidence of a crime being commited.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Personally if the police found me doing something bad I would be glad to recieve a beating, you bet I wont be doing that same thing again next time.

What did your parents do to you? :shk:

Please tell me you're of age so I don't need to worry about calling child services.

Oh crap. I just realized if you're an adult you might have kids yourself.

Nevermind, I don't wanna know. I really, seriously don't.

Beatings? :bash:

Ack! Now I have to go erase the last five minutes from my brain.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wouldn't that be a form of torture in your opinon? IMO one has to be a sick # just to go around beating people, guilty of a crime or not.

[Edited on 10-7-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

What did your parents do to you? :shk:

Please tell me you're of age so I don't need to worry about calling child services.

Oh crap. I just realized if you're an adult you might have kids yourself.

Nevermind, I don't wanna know. I really, seriously don't.

I am right onboard with you, chief. To avoid any further nausia, I'd seriously suggest you NOT view any abortion topics that Good ol' Tac has posted to.

It'll boggle your mind. Please god don't let this guy have kids.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
You cant be serious.................

Do you work for the LAPD or something?Puleeze! Cops beat suspects in Russia. Do we want torture and brutality as an accepted part mof law enforcement?

Where does it stop indeed? if you argue with the cop that you werent over the speed limit, do you get a severe beating for arguing?

I agree. Please do not breed.

Are you one of those guys that pays those women on Pike Street and Pine to tie you up and beat you senseless while wearing a cop uniform?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
rather than talking about this guys age and praying he doesnt have kids and getting personal...i'm going to comment on the topic itself.

this is simply ridiculous. now as much as i'd like to see criminals who put innocent people and the public at large in danger get clubbed by a few gorilla looking cops i simply cant condone it.

personally i think its bad for car thieves to run from the cops and put other peoples lives as well as their own in jeopardy. i personally feel that when they do so they forfeit a lot, their rights as a citizen and if they dont care if they or anyone else gets injured or gets killed why should we? but this is the wrong view to have and i know it. for me to believe that this is how our cops SHOULD act puts me at THEIR level and i am above that.

now logically and the side i have to go with on this is to have cops who act professional in their jobs. i know cops are just people and they have tempers and emotions like the rest of us and while i dont believe it excuses the behavior i think it should be considered when they are investigated for abuse. i prefer they not physically harm suspects unless they absolutely have to and even then i prefer they do it fast and hard so as to not drag it out and make a situation worse.

however i am in favor of stronger longer and meaner sentences for those who do make the cops chase them. i think a message needs to be sent to the criminal, run and put the public at risk and YOU get an extra decade on your sentence. (i know this means people are in prison longer which would lead to needing more prisons but i think certain non violent offenders (white collar criminals) should be given a lower priority)

yeah its great to see criminals get their "just desserts" but if we A) tolerate it and/or B) encourage this sort of behavior it could happen to people that it shouldnt happen to. yes we can argue that it would be unlikely but are YOU willing to run that risk? are YOU willing to put innocent people in the way of a nightstick swing? are YOU willing to let this happen to people who might be innocent? i'm not.

want to see them get beaten? put them in an arena with other armed felons and let them do it to each other, in the meanwhile what say we raise our standards and not lower ourselves to their level?

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Do you work for the LAPD or something?Puleeze! Cops beat suspects in Russia. Do we want torture and brutality as an accepted part mof law enforcement?

Where does it stop indeed? if you argue with the cop that you werent over the speed limit, do you get a severe beating for arguing?

Are you one of those guys that pays those women on Pike Street and Pine to tie you up and beat you senseless while wearing a cop uniform?

Im sure crime in Russia is Lower

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Originally posted by RANT

I am right onboard with you, chief. To avoid any further nausia, I'd seriously suggest you NOT view any abortion topics that Good ol' Tac has posted to.

It'll boggle your mind. Please god don't let this guy have kids.

I also have posts on the gay section, it is the longest post on gays, please feel welcome to read and critique. LAPD does sound like a good suggestion, i might go apply. Coming to a neighborhood near you. If someone stole my car(if I had one) I would be glad for the police to do me a service in teaching that criminal a lesson that they will never forget:Once you decided to run, dont stop because you will get beat.

[edit on 10-7-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
We recently had a police brutality incident in my town. A person was pulled over for speeding, and when the officer approached the window, the pulled over driver tried to run him over (actually knocked him down with the car and injured him). His partner fired on the car to try to stop the driver. Unbeknowenst to either, there were three small children in the back seat.

Now, luckily no one was hurt, and they eventually tracked down the driver and arrested him. However, the cop who shot at the car was demonized because of the kids in the back seat, and lost his job shortly thereafter.

Situations like this are just impossible for the police. What was the guy supposed to do when someone tries to run over his partner with a car?

The problem is that too much of the inner city public no longer respects the police, and the situation has become a downward spiral in which no one can win. But what's the answer? People in some urban neighborhoods really believe the police will seriously hurt them if they're arrested. It would be awfully easy to advocate unmerciful punishments for those who resist arrest, but since I don't live in the inner city and don't have good perspective on what it's like, I'm hesistant to judge too harshly.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Im sure crime in Russia is Lower

Heh crime in post-communism russia is higher then it has ever been.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just looking at the title of this post discusts me.

Beating period is bad no matter what the cicurmstance, whether its a kid by his mother, or a person by the police. Its just wrong, and anybody that can't understand that needs to seek counseling.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by theshadowknows]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There's this little thing in the States called "due proccess", that means innocent until proven guilty. Do you want the Constitution thrown out? So if you condone beatings for running from the cops, what punishment for a guy that gets drunk and beats the hell out of a cop? Crusifixion? The police are NOT the law, they are law ENFORCEMENT. If they change the law to let cops act in that manner ok, but until then it's a vigilante act.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Of course he does, because Jr. Republicans like him have been indoctrinated for a long time.

They don't want to understand the nuances of situation. They don't want to tolerate anything that they don't do. They think people should PAY.

I can bet his mom or dad beat the crap out of him when he was a kid, but this guy is a fly on the ass of reason or credability.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Police beatings are good....

...for a police state.

...if ordinary men and women have no rights.

...if you like fights.

...if your a power-hungry cop.

...if you hate due process.

...if you loathe freedom.

...if you love the state.

Get the point?

I'll assume you've never meet a smiling power-hungry, egotistical police officer. The kind who'd like to "put you in your place", the kind that will lie to you over even minimal things.

What, you didn't know? They can (basically) lie to you all they want, but the moment you lie to them, even someting stupid, *WHAM* obstruction of justice.

Remember the right to remain silent.

And ask the simple 3 when pulled over/questioned...

You: "Am I under arrest?"

Cop: "...No..." (might laugh, and may help his ego)

You: "Am I free to go?"

Cop: "...No..." (may look shocked, suspicious)

You: "Am I being detained?"

Cop: "um...yes..." (may be surprised, uncertain/confused, or even mad)

You: "I choose to remain silent."

Sure, sometimes they might take you into custody, and after they check out your innocence, let you go, the saying, "It sure would've saved alot of your own time, my time, and taxpayer dollars as well, if you would've just answer my questions."

Well, am I not innocent until proven guilty?

Do I not have the right to remain silent, BEFORE your read it to me?

Oh yeah, I am right, I'm suppose to be free!

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Oh Yeah! Police beatings are GOOD!... Until, of course, you're on the wrong end of the club.

Cops working a guy over reminds me of a Chris Rock joke.

"I don't condone it... but I understand it."

Its a tricky thing. Between a citizens right to Due Process, and the fact that cops can die just like everybody else. And as such, they get scared. As someone who has known several cops(but not one myself) I can sympathize with police. It is a very dangerous job, that puts the officer in very dangerous situations. They have a giant target painted on their back. Every criminal knows, if you want to get away, you have to get thru the cops. They never know if a situation is going to turn nasty until it's over with. "Is this guy going peacefully, or is he going to pull out a gun and shoot me in the head." In these circumstances, sometimes self-preservation wins out over professionalism.

However, as someone who has actually gone round for round with a couple of cops, I can sympathize with civilians. A word of advice, if you're pulled over and they tell you to "take your hand out of your pocket", do it. It makes them REALLY nervous. Believe me, mace burns and nightsticks hurt.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Of course he does, because Jr. Republicans like him have been indoctrinated for a long time.

Real intelligent post there, KJ. Real intelligent.

When was the last time you sold a house to a Republican?

:shk:

[edit on 13-7-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I just sick of this crime and then a slap on the wrist, and the folks are out doing it again. Maybe some pain will let them reconsider a life of crime. They are useless memebers of society, and are a drag on it.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If the cop believes that the suspect will use some sort of force, that cop has every right to use any means nessecary to disarm him.

Alot less cops would be dead if they were able to use such force on armed or suspected arm criminals.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join