It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99% of Pregnant Women in US Test Positive for Multiple Chemicals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

99% of Pregnant Women in US Test Positive for Multiple Chemicals

www.sciencedaily.com

Analyzing data for 163 chemicals, researchers detected polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), organochlorine pesticides, perfluorinated compounds (PFCs), phenols, polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), phthalates, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and perchlorate in 99 to 100 percent of pregnant women.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thehealthage.com
www.care2.com

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is seriously alarming! I cannot believe the amount of chemicals that were supposedly found in 99-100% of pregnant women in this study,163! I believe BPA was the most abundant trace chemical with 96% out of 268 patients that were examined.
(Prenatal exposure to BPA has been linked to adverse health outcomes, affecting brain development and increasing susceptibility to cancer later in life)

What these chemicals could do long-term to children is not yet apparent or known.Although the types of chemicals and the concentration levels have been known to cause adverse affects in previous studies.

Now,take in account the mixture of multiple chemicals together and you have not only possible birth defects but who knows what down the line in the future for these children(and their mothers!)

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-1-2011 by PerfectPerception because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

It really is scary. I wonder what percentage of the general population tests positive for the same chemicals. I bet it's way up there! Sadly, it's hard to avoid these days. I think one would have to live in a bubble to be completely chemical free.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This report is alarming. My wife and I are expecting our first child (Due date is 8/8/11) and this report is really hitting home. I wonder if this sort of testing is available for us "normal" people? I'd be very interested to see what levels of these chemicals are in my wife at this time. Nonetheless, this is very disheartening and I now have one more thing to worry about pertaining to my unborn child.

S+F to you for bringing this to our attention!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

It really is scary. I wonder what percentage of the general population tests positive for the same chemicals. I bet it's way up there! Sadly, it's hard to avoid these days. I think one would have to live in a bubble to be completely chemical free.

Scary? We've been living with this for generations. Now with this finding, women can't use PMS as an excuse any more.

Thanks OP.
Now we know what's wrong.
S & F.

I'm glad my mother was one of the 1% not affected by these chemicals.

edit on 18/1/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
this is very alarming, whether it is entering the body through consuming foods, medication, or through the air, this is a giant red flag

the rise is mental disorders, because of these chemical influences on the body and mind, needs very much to be investigated specifically autism, the rate at which autism is being diagnosed in children today is very very alarming

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My first reaction was: "oh no, it's dihydrogen monoxide".

Seriously, what do you expect? We are surrounded by plastics.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Yes it is very alarming, but not to worry. l'm sure big pharma will be working on a super duper vaccine to go along with all the other vaccinations the babies will soon be compelled to have. Peace star.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
well ! do some thing about it.
Test the food air and water.
and let people know Who is poising them.

all fda approved stuff.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Scary? We've been living with this for generations. Now with this finding, women can't use PMS as an excuse any more.
reply to post by Intelearthling

Dream on, buddy! As a woman, I'm ENTITLED to use PMS as an excuse.
It's like a god-given right, hehehe.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Please enough with the period talk!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The fact of the matter is things should not be the way they are! this should not be allowed to even happen and now that the information is becoming more widely available, there is no longer any justifiable excuse or reason for such atrocious,inhumane incompetence & insanity!.Period

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
S & F. Just imagine what we breathe in every day... All those chemicals... No wonder we are all getting cancer. My mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Makes me wonder what kind of cancer I'll get, not whether or not I'll actually get cancer.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

Yeah you are right there,who knows what crap we are breathing in?who knows what they are spraying up there? sorry to hear about your mom,hang in there and stay positive and I hope she does the same,nothing worse then to mentally,soulfully give into that kind of diagnosis(Although extremely difficult not to)
I advise you to not completely give in to that mind set,anything is possible.It goes both watys.positive/negative.

Intention & belief does play a much larger role then most realize.

top topics

join