It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting The Greed Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
God gave us water to live on, drink, and grow the food we eat – Greedy men took the rights to have water, slapped on a label made it available to those that pay for it.

God gave us fire to stay warm and cook our food – Greedy men used fire to create weapons to dominate over other man

God gave us a renewable, never depleting power supply through fire and water – steam – Greedy men burned oil/whatever to create energy and control power – now it is only available to those who pay.

God gave us air to breathe and plants to renew the oxygen supply – Greedy men control energy through combustion and claiming rights to combustible materials, oil, ect, while building facilities that destroy enviroments

God gave us cotton for everyone to have clothes – Greedy men took the cotton put labels on it and made it only available to few

God gave us an ocean to travel, learn and explorer – Greedy men use it as a dumping ground

God gave us friends – Greedy men separated them into groups and colors

Time to figure out what God gave us to get rid of this greed

There is no side of greed, if you have chosen to be with greed you are alone, because greed does not care if you are on it's side or not, greed will destory you before you get what you want out of the greed.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

The love of money is the root of all evil.

Actually, that's a misrepresentation.

Possession is the root of all evil. And I don't mean "Argh, the devil speaks to me in the night" possession, I mean, "Mine! It's mine! If you want it, you must PAY!" possession.

But, that said, if someone stole my laptop, I'd want them to pay. If someone broke my window, I'd want them to pay. And I imagine that you feel the same.

Human nature. We need a certain amount of resource to survive. Traditionally, these resources would have been hard to come by, and would need to be hoarded when we came upon them in case we - and our family - hit hard times. Greed is hard wired into us, even now that we have everything - we still don't want to share.

So we're all on the side of greed. Well, not all, but those who start indiscriminately giving away everything they own tend to cut their throats with nail scissors (there's a scientist associated with Games Theory that actually did that) when they realise that nobody gives back if they don't have to.

EDIT: By the way, if you promise not to go out and massacre anybody, I'll tell you what "God" gave us to deal with all the greed.

Death.
edit on 18/1/2011 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
God gave this greedy bastich a 1.1 billion dollar yacht. Thread

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ff6847948ef.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

Your very right, it is a part of the era we live in, a survivalist mind set. Our mind set also includes death as an ending, at least for most, which creates fear and in turn creates hording of supplies. If death wasn't seen as an ending would we still have this mind set?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Nice place, never seen this before. Amazing the things we are able to create.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWill

I rather think it is "Freewill" to make the choices against what we perceive is the wrong choice.

I think God or nature gave us Death so that we would appreciate being alive and living.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Nice, great reply

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Aww, come on, I was being defeatist.

Never give sense to a defeatist. It's like giving paracetamol to a guinea pig, or sodium bicarbonate to a seagull.

Anyway, free will is a misnomer. Whichever choice you make, you'll have to pay in consequence. I'd tentatively suggest that the consequences eventually add up to the same, which would make everything free, relatively speaking, but most people prefer to put their choices on a mortgage than pay up front (i.e., pay in the long term to get out of paying in the short), and that brings us back to the greedliness. And yes, I do intend that L. It gives it a much less toady sound and makes me feel less judgemental.

I think my brain's playing up, so I'm going to end this post here. I think there was more I was going to say, but I can't be sure.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I didn't think this site was intended for preaching, where is the argument here?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

i would replace 'god' with nature, but yeah, i agree

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Greeds entraps your heart and makes you immune to the silent whisper of your soul
Very insightfull OP
Thankyou!

top topics

join