It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which is more dangerous Gangs or Police?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
In another thread a cop was stating how he was protecting us from Gangs and it got me to thinking.

As I have mentioned I am a Biker and while I have never joined any club I have friends and family in several, including the Banditos, Hells Angels, Outlaws, Pagans and Warlocks. Over the years I have lived in neighboorhoods that were "Gang Turf" including the Gangster Disciples, Latin Kings, MS13, La Florencia and Crips.

Oddly enough I have never.........not one single time............been threatened, harressed, etc by any of the gangs or clubs

I have repeatedly been threatened and harressed by the police

I was wondering about the rest of you...........

Which has harressed you PERSONALLY the most?

I really hope my experience isnt the norm

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have not (ever) been harassed by gang members or police.
Guess it's all in the attitude...

edit on 18-1-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
haha there all gangs including the police personally i met a few bikers while out for the weekend ( only on a 125cc in uk) they were a german group of about 20 on the typical big beasty bikes...they seemed more enthusiastic bout turning me from me cruiser style bike to there kick back n relax style than anything

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
In another thread a cop was stating how he was protecting us from Gangs and it got me to thinking.

As I have mentioned I am a Biker and while I have never joined any club I have friends and family in several, including the Banditos, Hells Angels, Outlaws, Pagans and Warlocks. Over the years I have lived in neighboorhoods that were "Gang Turf" including the Gangster Disciples, Latin Kings, MS13, La Florencia and Crips.

Oddly enough I have never.........not one single time............been threatened, harressed, etc by any of the gangs or clubs

I have repeatedly been threatened and harressed by the police

I was wondering about the rest of you...........

Which has harressed you PERSONALLY the most?

I really hope my experience isnt the norm

Well same here,only ever been hassled by the cops,and always minding my own business,like walking to the store to grab some milk.
I would side with a patch club over the cops any day,but really dont want to be involved with either of em!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
How can one not consider the police a gang? Gangs are known for looking after their own regardless of fault, they wear "colors" to signify their allegiance and they feel comfortable with their actions knowing that their brothers will watch their backs.

I feel MUCH more comfortable around the Hell's Angels and other biker "gangs" in my area than I do around police. I've ridden with them, drank beer with them and have seen them all get along quite well even though they are wearing different "colors".

The stereotypical gang will be under scrutiny. The police do as they will and have the JustUs system to watch their backs.

edit on 18-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
I have not (ever) been harassed by gang members or police.
Guess it's all in the attitude...

No its not, i have never had any contact with them. But the police have perved into my life in london to destroy it, by ridiculing me publicily, so putting me in danger with loons i have never had anything to do with. So i get it from both sides, while i have never done anything to either.

I think both gangs and police are just as bad as one another, and i am sick of being on a planet with these people, who think they have rights to destroy lifes.

For me police and criminals are one and the same.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Which is more dangerous?

Wait until there is no police and just gangs and you will find out.

Want to buy my old flak jacket?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

I hate to say it but the policia have harrassed me more. They have gang mentality not all but many. Thats why when one of them does illegal works their friends dont tell so they are not labeled SNITCH... SMH

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I hate that, if I decide to answer this question, that I must re-assert the OPs position. Not that I have anything against his position or his right to state it, I just hate that I'm forced to validate it (my only other option simply being silent on it, but that wouldn't remove the truth of it from my experience).

I don't condone the criminal behaviors of gangs. However, I don't explicitely feel personally threatened by them, either. It moreso seems that gangs operate within a "world" that is their own, and if you're not part of that world, then you're more or less not involved in the (directly) harmful effects of it. The same could not possibly be truly said of the police. I, personally, have been victimized by the police, and for a while, it truly broke my spirit. After having served the nation for 9 years and coming out of the Army as a disabled vet, I was beyond dismayed to see that so much of what I believed I had stood up for was simply illusion.

Go onto YouTube and watch some videos of police brutality. If Rodney King happened today, it wouldn't cause even a blip on the radar.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
To anybody who thinks police in western society are worse.

I don't think you have any experience with gangs.

When you grow up in "low cost housing" blocks (Canadian ghetto), you learn and you learn fast.

The small amount of discomfort from police is nothing compared to what gangs will do, especially if you refuse to join with them.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

I have asked for personal experences here, do you have one to back your claim?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
To anybody who thinks police in western society are worse.

I don't think you have any experience with gangs.

When you grow up in "low cost housing" blocks (Canadian ghetto), you learn and you learn fast.

The small amount of discomfort from police is nothing compared to what gangs will do, especially if you refuse to join with them.

Really? How is that any different from an individual refusing an order from a cop? Do so and you'll get the hell beat out of you and the perpetrators of said beating either get off scot free or get a paid vacation...while you sit in a cell and have to cough up money to get out, cough up money to go to court and then cough up money when you lose.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

The police and uk gov have spent 19 years ruining my life, and making sure attention of these others came into my life.

You should live with gang stalking to see what police and gov can do compared to gangs.

Both police and gangs are criminals, but the police work with gov and stuff and they can do alot of damage to lifes, that no gang could.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I live in L.A. So yeah both for me. When i was 9 i was rollerblading to a arcade when at big Mexican with tattoo's all over harassed me to give him the money i had which was a roll of quarters. Then when i was in high school two times once at a fair where some Mexican gang initiation was to beat up white kid luckily I had some pretty bad ass friends at the time and it didn't go over well and the other was when I was walking to get my mom cigarettes some Mexican gang pulled over and got out of the car and threatened to steal my wallet and all my money they got my money but not my wallet. Those dumb asses did jail time for strong arm robbery over seven dollars. I haven't really been harassed by the cops. Done some pretty stupid stuff and been let off the hook and there have been times when I've been harassed. One time by the cops at 12 o'clock had taken my girlfriend home was driving back to my house and they stopped me and spent the next hour and a half looking for drugs in my car the told me that I ran a red light which I didn't and checked my eyes about 13 times a block away from my house. so yeah both.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If you really want to see gang mentality at its best, it requires an alphabet agency from the District of Criminals. They are heavily armed and have no problem carrying out the tasks of their masters.

BATFE, DEA, IRS, and the list goes on and on. You want to talk about gangs out of control???? I've only mentioned three.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I grew up in a block.

Your options were join, leave, or spend your days in pain or dead....which ever came first.

I left as soon as I could get myself out.

When you compare an occasional shakedown or even beating from the police to what a gang will do to you if you cross them...there is no comparison.

A kid that lived straight across from me was found in his bath tub beaten with hammers because he refused to move drugs from one area to another (they used kids as mules because the police knew all the members).

Police can be corrupt, but they must atleast maintain an apperance of professionalism. Gangs don't worry so much.

You want to live in an aera run by gangs, your choice.

I'll go to where there are police.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

There are many gangs that have law officials and other government officials as well as everyday people working for them. They are slowly working there way into each state and in my opinion will come more to light in this year. Not enough people understand this and most will think this type of thinking is crazy which is why they are able to gain ground in the US.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

And where were the police to protect you from the gangs? Oh that's right that is not thier job according to the supreme court yet most people still believe it is.

edit on 18-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

When you finally break the culture of fear the police are there.

Might be different Canada to US, maybe ours haven't jumped on the corruption bandwagon yet?

Even now, same blocks, same problems.

Murder in front of 30 odd people, no witness'...shocking.

Police called it, if no one will stand up, we can't help you.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Who ever you run into first that is *having a bad day*.

The most logical answer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join