It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated timeline of mysterious animal deaths.12.13.10 until now.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I posted this earlier this morning on another thread. At around 10 am my time this morning I witnessed from my backyard approximately over 1000 geese flying north to northeast. They were flying in groups following one another, and they were in their typical V formations.The sky was literally full of these geese for the nearly 12 minutes I was watching, and what I did observe didn't include the ones that had already flown by. I have never seen masses of geese flying like this before, much less watching them fly north in the middle of January. I don't know anything about geese, to be honest, or geese of this type (someone else identified them as canadian snow geese), and what would be normal behavior for them. But flying north in January isn't normal for any bird. I live just north of Memphis.

Off topic but I've also started seeing very unusual behavior from my cats...clingy behavior, anxiousness, and two have disappeared which is causing me a lot of stress (this is unusual because they are all spoiled!). I can't blame it on the cold because the outdoor cats each have their own heated shelter, supplies of food, get lots of attention and they are all fixed. One kitty that loves outdoors insists on being in my lap and won't leave me alone. Another stray that adopted me a year ago literally is trying to find any means to get inside (I don't have room for her indoors). Unfortunately, with school starting back up and taking up all my time, I don't have time to investigate around here any further, but I will try to keep up with ATS to monitor further developments.

All of this is really blowing my mind.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Fenix777

Good Job mate. SFY.

Thanks.
edit on 19-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Desorientation. This can be caused by EMF change. Lets see what more will happen next days.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Memphis . . . . . = New Madrid.

Cats are skittish anyhow, and they have been known to disappear before Earthquakes. Memphis is right in the midst of all the bird and fish kills, which some have hypothesized could have been volcanic gas releases causing the deaths.

Canadian Geese do fly North earlier than most people realize, but there is a pretty good winter storm set to hit you in the next day or two, so I don't think the Geese should be flying North just yet.

Do you have your 7 day emergency supply? Have you read my signature line? Hopefully nothing will happen this time, but we all know that eventually the New Madrid big one will be coming again!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
I posted this earlier this morning on another thread. At around 10 am my time this morning I witnessed from my backyard approximately over 1000 geese flying north to northeast. They were flying in groups following one another, and they were in their typical V formations.The sky was literally full of these geese for the nearly 12 minutes I was watching, and what I did observe didn't include the ones that had already flown by. I have never seen masses of geese flying like this before, much less watching them fly north in the middle of January. I don't know anything about geese, to be honest, or geese of this type (someone else identified them as canadian snow geese), and what would be normal behavior for them. But flying north in January isn't normal for any bird. I live just north of Memphis.

Off topic but I've also started seeing very unusual behavior from my cats...clingy behavior, anxiousness, and two have disappeared which is causing me a lot of stress (this is unusual because they are all spoiled!). I can't blame it on the cold because the outdoor cats each have their own heated shelter, supplies of food, get lots of attention and they are all fixed. One kitty that loves outdoors insists on being in my lap and won't leave me alone. Another stray that adopted me a year ago literally is trying to find any means to get inside (I don't have room for her indoors). Unfortunately, with school starting back up and taking up all my time, I don't have time to investigate around here any further, but I will try to keep up with ATS to monitor further developments.

All of this is really blowing my mind.

I work at a veterinary hospital & I've noticed animals acting strangely, also. We have several dogs & cats that come in on a regular basis, and usually they are very friendly, but lately a lot of them seem very anxious and jittery. Even my cat is acting stranger than normal. I don't know what's causing this behavior, but it seems kind of strange with all the die-offs and other strange things happening lately.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I think I might have just stumbled across something that might be a possible cause of all this havoc, whilst looking deeper into the beached whales thing.

Sonar. The killing of whales by sonar
Hunting Red October - UK's Sonar Top Guns
SODAR
Sonar wiki

Ok so I'm thinking Sonar and Sodar is old news, they've been using it for donkey's years, why would it suddenly effect the animals to this extent? Then decided to search new technology in those two fields and found this. Note the date:

Partnership Tests New Remote Sensing Tool for Evaluating Energy Potential of South Carolina's Offshore Winds

So that's not giving me enough information on how exactly this new technology works, what could that possibly have to do with all of this? At the bottom of the page of the above link, under: About Second wind Inc:

Key products include: Nomad® data logger and tower systems; Triton® sodar systems; SkyServe® satellite wind data service and Phaser® power transducers.

I took those 4 key products that is part of the new sodar technology, and looked for info, I struck out on all of em except for Phaser power transducers. That one was not a link, so I go and scroogle "phaser power transducers. And come across this:

Phaser wiki

In there there's a list and a couple of items in the list is of interest:
The phaser effect
Personnel Halting and Stimulation Response rifle (Here I am actually more interested in the actual technology and what it does, than the weapon, it seems if they have already developed this technology, doesn't it make logical sense to use it in other areas?)
and lastly
Shepard tone

What bothered me, was in the article, where they speak of the tests being done for the new remote sensing tool, you come across these words:

study the impact of the ocean’s acoustic environment on the station’s operation
what exactly does that mean? How? It seems that to do this they would have to use this phaser technology (in their own list of key products that is part of the new system), in other words they are sending out weird sound waves? And we all know that animals can hear different audio levels than us, so ... ? And yes people, SA has em too.

Really? Is it possible that this could be causing all the chaos? Or am I jumping to conclusions here? The company doing this is supposed to be green, but I still don't see how sending out strange sound-waves are good for the birds.

But I still have to cover Sonar

Interestingly enough, Sonar also has some new technology going on, the The multi-beam sonar as of some time in 2009 article is in August of that year.

Then this beauty Continuous Active Sonar technology note the date 29 July 2010. They were probably focusing on this because of the Chinese sub popping up right in-between American subs in American water, and American didn't have a clue they were there, some time I think in 2006/7 if I remember correctly. Read that whole article people, it's very interesting how the dates align and what they are planning.

Environmental groups have voiced concerns over the potential effects of active sonar on marine mammals

Ok, so we have the dates alignment, so what's new that could be harmful? Scroogle Continuous Active Sonar (CAS);

If anybody can figure out these papers on how it works, fantastic Me I'm looking for somewhere else for a more layman's way of description. It's a pdf by the way.
More info on how it works
In the above link right at the bottom, it gives you how the new technology works, but me, I don't understand half of what they were talking about, so I start looking up terms, so I can understand.
Vector sensors is used to measure particle velocity in water. ok so what is particle velocity then? Seems I'm just getting more confused on how it works

Particle velocity is the velocity v of a particle (real or imagined) in a medium as it transmits a wave. In many cases this is a longitudinal wave of pressure as with sound, but it can also be a transverse wave as with the vibration of a taut string.
Particle velocity wiki Ok, understanding all the way up to sound, what is transverse wave?.

These phenomena of simultaneous motion in two directions go beyond the kinds of waves you can create on the surface of water; in general a wave on a string can be two-dimensional. Two-dimensional transverse waves exhibit a phenomenon called polarization....
Electromagnetic waves are also two-dimensional transverse waves...
You can think of a ray of light, in optics,as an idealized narrow beam of electromagnetic radiation...
Examples of transverse waves include seismic S (secondary) waves, and the motion of the electric (E) and magnetic (M) fields in an electromagnetic plane wave, which both oscillate perpendicularly to each other as well as to the direction of energy transfer. Therefore an electromagnetic wave consists of two transverse waves, visible light being an example of an electromagnetic wave.

So wait, let me get this straight, they are using a wave of pressurized magnetic waves, to create polarization to pick up images in the form of light-rays in a narrow beam of electromagnetic radiation. Is that right?

Then lastly found this:
Improved Airborne ASW Localization to Attack Using Continuous Active Sonar The want to use this transverse wave in the sky?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fenix777

Great work mate.

This can be a hit. No doubts about this.

But I think this not explain all all events that happened. First the distance which they occurred. It may be a combination of factors. We increasingly pollute the environment with increasingly powerful frequencies. Cell phones, wifi, etc..

Thanks again. You hard work was much appreciated and raises some interesting questions.
SFY.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

pleaure. Well, sorry to make this even more complicated, but my hubby brought out a very good point. Bear with me, we're going to dive a bit into conspiracy theories here

Missiles were shooting off all over the place a bit back, right? Yes they were missiles, he is from the army, and saw those pics, he says, only a missile leaves a streak exactly like that. Ok, here's the thing, where did they go? What goes up, must come down, right? In one of the articles I read at the time, it said that these were orbital missiles. So what goes up, didn't come down. We didn't hear of anywhere being hit by the States and Canada, right? So where are they? They're still up there, of course.

Why? Good question.

His next part actually takes something we read here on ATS in a thread regarding the E.M.P. around the same time. I think it was in weaponry forum. We read the article linked in the thread. Basically, The U.S. has successfully developed the E.M.P. The article says that they put it in a projectile, so they can launch it off, and then fire the E.M.P. far enough away from themselves, so that they don't get harmed by it, but it will do some serious damage to the enemy. Around that time another thread appeared somewhere here on A.T.S. about the ship that went dead in the water overnight. Ok, now let's look at this projectile business. If you are in a real life situation, you are not going to have a clear path between you and the enemy, so your projectile would crash before it actually reaches there, right? So where do you go with it that you do have a clear path? You go up.

Now listen, my thing on the sonar, the transverse wave, is an electro magnetic wave ... it's an electro magnetic pulse.

And they took their invention up, to orbit the earth via the missiles. From there they can get to anywhere they want, never mind the distances apart. Getting cold shivers yet? I know I am.

His theory, not mine, so I don't know how it all would work. But there you have it.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Fenix777 because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wickedqueenamanda

Thanks for your response, it's good to know my crew of kitties aren't just all of a sudden going neurotic on me. But I also wonder, being that animals operate on a consciousness frequency level diferent than humans, if they are not all plugged into each other's energies and the animals are reacting to other anima'ls suffering and deaths. Sorta like the hundren monkey syndrome, I think it was called? Makes me wonder if that's factoring into this as well....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I'm experiencing the same thing with my husky, she's driving me a little nuts, I don't know how to get her settled down again.

It's just not like her, she's always been very calm and peaceful. Lately she's been trying to climb through the security gate, at night when she's locked in the house with us. We keep the actual door open because it gets very hot here, except when it rains, then we close the door. But when you let her out, then she wants to come back inside. She looks at me, like she's trying to tell me something, I know it sounds like I've gone crazy, but really she looks right into my eyes, it feels like she's trying to tell me something, or I'm supposed to know something. It's just a feeling I've got, probably not the case at all, but it doesn't change the fact that she has been behaving very strange. She's also not eating very well, yet she's healthy.

So no, it's not just your cats that have gone crazy.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Interesting.... I'm so thankful for this thread. It is becoming beyond strange now with all this happening...

I've done a little bit of searching myself, and have come across a few reports of mass deaths from late 2010. I'm sure the majority (especially those among the East Coast) were from BP's Spill...

Sept 8th 2010- Large Number Of Dead Whales Wash Up. Offshore Windpark Construction May Be The Cause (couldn't find many articles on this one)
notrickszone.com...

Aug. 10th 2010 - Thousands of Dead Fish in Fairhaven, Massachusetts
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Aug. 12th 2010 - Thousands of Dead Menhaden Fish

Aug 24th 2010 (story printed)- Thousands of dead fish reported at mouth of Mississippi (crabs, sting rays, eel, drum, speckled trout and red fish)
www.physorg.com...

Oct. 30th 2010- Hundreds of dead starfish on Ore. beach confuse biologists
www.nwcn.com...

Nov 8th 2010- There's a big mystery over one of the biggest mass deaths of whales in Irish history.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Nov 12 2010- Thousands Of Dead Jellyfish On San Francisco Beach
www.care2.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I've been thinking on this a lot lately. Was going to do a thread, now I don't have too.

With the wide variety of species that are developing cases of mass death and the differing locations, my thoughts tend to be that we are coming up to pay day. The amount of damage that we have put the planet through is now coming back to bite us. First the pets and livestock. Guess who's next if we don't start taking care of this planet?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8383
Interesting.... I'm so thankful for this thread. It is becoming beyond strange now with all this happening...

I've done a little bit of searching myself, and have come across a few reports of mass deaths from late 2010. I'm sure the majority (especially those among the East Coast) were from BP's Spill...

Sept 8th 2010- Large Number Of Dead Whales Wash Up. Offshore Windpark Construction May Be The Cause (couldn't find many articles on this one)
notrickszone.com...

Aug. 10th 2010 - Thousands of Dead Fish in Fairhaven, Massachusetts

Aug. 12th 2010 - Thousands of Dead Menhaden Fish

Aug 24th 2010 (story printed)- Thousands of dead fish reported at mouth of Mississippi (crabs, sting rays, eel, drum, speckled trout and red fish)
www.physorg.com...

Oct. 30th 2010- Hundreds of dead starfish on Ore. beach confuse biologists
www.nwcn.com...

Nov 8th 2010- There's a big mystery over one of the biggest mass deaths of whales in Irish history.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Nov 12 2010- Thousands Of Dead Jellyfish On San Francisco Beach
www.care2.com...

Forgot to add... its funny... how there wasn't any "answers" until the news stories became more reported on this year... Before that, they were all "mysterious" and "confusing biologists".... Hmmmm....

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is not new for Memphis, right after the oil spill memphis was seeing all kinds of plant damage and animal death. I wrote This post about what I was seeing, it was all very typical of intense acid rain and heavy mineral poisoning.

Acid rain causes a build up of aluminum (oh I wonder what else has been poring aluminum down on us), when the soil erodes it leaves mostly aluminum particles. These particles get into the gils of fish and cause a mucus build up that eventually kills off the fish, it takes intense amounts of acid to cause this, producing a water PH level around 5.2 and lower. These levels of acid can also kill off plants and animals much of the same way, the acid starts to destroy the good minerals in the soil and leaves mostly aluminum particles, the particles cause the apical cells on the roots to harden and protect the plant/ tree, this then makes the plant dependent on stored food.

A poisoned plant suffers from extrinsic factors even more (parasites, bacteria, food shortage), and can rapidly cause its deterioration.

I took pictures of the local flora and posted them on that thread, I also noted the deaths of several animals in the same timeline but I was unable to provide pictures.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I've been thinking on this a lot lately. Was going to do a thread, now I don't have too.

With the wide variety of species that are developing cases of mass death and the differing locations, my thoughts tend to be that we are coming up to pay day. The amount of damage that we have put the planet through is now coming back to bite us. First the pets and livestock. Guess who's next if we don't start taking care of this planet?

This seems to be a chain of events. I wonder if people start to fall too. What will be the excuses MSM will drop on us?

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Also just in the octapussysnews.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
First of all, this is my first post on ATS, so I'm trying to make it a good one. I've been hovering for a while, and it was only a matter of time before I decided to jump in, sooo...here I am. I'll let you guys decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Now, I've been watching the animal die-offs intently, as I know A LOT of us have. I started this a couple days ago and just finished it, so I figured I'd post it, and this seems like a good place to do that. Enjoy.

ANIMAL DIE-OFFS
An Analytical Approach

When we want to analyze something effectively, there are two basic principles we can follow:

• Given multiple solutions, each having equal probability of being true, the simplest solution is to be preferred (slightly modified Occam’s Razor)
• When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true (Sherlock Holmes' deduction)

Combining these two, we have:

• If, having eliminated the impossible, there remain multiple solutions, each having equal probability of being true, the simplest is to be preferred

Once we establish that the topic is, in fact, a notable event, then we use the above to sort through the inevitable flood of theories and explanations. This leads to a specific thought process:

1) Are the animal die-offs an event or a non-event?
2) If they are an event, what are all conceivable causes?
3) Which of these causes are impossible?
4) Which of the remaining (possible) causes is the simplest?
5) Conclusion: the simplest possible cause is preferred

Now, there are a couple things we need to better define.
First, what constitutes an “event”?

• an occurrence (or a series of occurrences) that is atypical of previous such occurrences
• this atypical nature must be quantifiably demonstrable

Second, what constitutes “impossible”?

• observationally and/or logically falsifiable
• note that, here, the concept of beyond a reasonable doubt does not apply (to be impossible, it must be demonstrably so; otherwise, it is simply improbable, and, ultimately, all but the least improbable are eliminated)

With this in mind, we can now approach the recent animal deaths with a sufficiently analytical mindset.

1) Are the animal die-offs an event or a non-event?

To answer this, we need to determine if the recent animal deaths are atypical. Can we do this without tracking down every report of animal die-offs over a sufficient number of past years? Of course we can.
According to the USGS, there were 8 documented die-offs of 1000 birds or more in the United States in 2010. These were caused by starvation, disease (avian cholera and Newcastle disease), and parasites. Extending that period back to 2000, the number rises to 188, which is an average of almost 19 cases per year of 1000 birds or more. Also, the USGS reports that, on average, a bird die-off is reported about every other day. These statistics are our control.
So far, there has been just a single case involving more than 1000 birds, in the United States, and that barely made it, being the initial die-off reported just before midnight on December 31, 2010. Since then, there have been 15 additional reported cases in the US (as of January 19). This equates to 1 case every 19 hours – sufficiently more numerous than the reported average to raise some initial suspicion. But, there is something else about these recent deaths. What the USGS reported was that the bird deaths in previous years were due to starvation, disease, and parasites. To what can we attribute the deaths of the past few weeks?
A common theme among the reported die-offs of this year appears to be blunt force trauma. Also, there is an unusually high indication that these birds are dying due to disorientation. Birds that have been found alive have been seen acting as if they are drunk (note the incident in Labarre, Louisiana, on January 3), and many literally fall dead from the sky (Beebe, Arkansas; China; Athens and Scottsboro, Alabama; Roman, Romania). Additionally, the 8000 dead doves in Italy showed signs of hypoxia (a lack of oxygen). These do not conform to the status quo; none of the above-mentioned cases involve disease, and the two-dozen birds found in a road in Bonnie Doon, Alberta, had berries in their mouths. Can this last case be attributed, then, to starvation?

Speaking of the status quo, we can further tell without any detailed examinations that none of the bird deaths from 2011 are a result of starvation, avian cholera, or parasites.
The easiest to rule out is avian cholera. This disease affects chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, raptors, and canaries. It is common in cold and wet weather, but produces distinctive symptoms, such as green diarrhoea. None of the dead birds we are concerned with have presented with symptoms indicating they died of avian cholera.
Parasites may leave no outward signs of their presence to the casual observer, but they are very apparent on closer inspection. No parasites have been reported on any of the birds found dead so far, and, more importantly, none of the birds are believed to have died from any type of parasite.
Finally, starvation is harder to detect and distinguish, but it does have telltale signs. For instance, a bird suffering from starvation has a prominent breast bone and noticeable weakness in the surrounding muscle. Typically, starvation is caused by injury; the only injuries these birds had were either sustained in or shortly before their deaths.

Also, the USGS reports: “In 2009, individual events included one in which 50,000 birds died from avian botulism in Utah; 20,000 from the same disease in Idaho; and 10,000 bird deaths in Washington from a harmful algal bloom.” This has no bearing here, however, as the birds of the past month have not been dying of botulism, nor is there any apparent correlation with algae bloom at any of the die-off locations. As avian cholera, botulism has characteristic symptoms: the poisoning caused by the associated virus, which is picked up in drinking water, produces paralysis, leading to birds that are unable to fly, walk, stand, and hold their heads up. “Eventually, the bird drowns or suffocates or is picked off by a predator.” This is not what we are seeing. The distinction is subtle, but many of the reports we have been following make special note of this – these birds aren’t becoming paralyzed mid-flight, they’re dropping dead from the sky.

Of course, the lack of any disease or parasitic infestation, the presence of blunt force trauma, and the fact that a lot of these birds were found near roads could indicate that they were simply hit by cars. How many birds are hit by cars every year? According to Curry & Kerlinger (which, itself, gets its statistics from the National Institute for Urban Wildlife and the US Fish and Wildlife Service), that number, in the US, is between 50 and 100 million, which is less than 274,000 per day. With an estimated 170,000 miles worth of highways in the country, this comes out to about 1.6 birds for every mile each day, maximum. At first, this may seem like a logical explanation, but let’s consider this for a second. The average of less than 2 birds per mile per day is reasonable, because it is reasonable to assume that a single vehicle will hit a single bird, and that, over the course of a typical day, a vehicle somewhere in the States is hitting a bird about every 3 seconds. But, how many of those vehicles are hitting dozens, even hundreds, of birds at one time? If we assume that a single vehicle is hitting these birds, then they must be doing the avian equivalent of committing suicide, gathering on the roads at specific locations and waiting to be hit en mass. In fact, according to a witness to the event in California, who reported that the birds, numbering over 100, flew in front of a truck, “It looked like they were committing suicide.” (An alternative to this would be that the birds are disoriented and collectively unable to discern an oncoming car.) If we assume that multiple vehicles are hitting the birds, then the suicidal intent is amplified – the birds must be, one by one, flying in front of vehicles as they pass by.

In summary, we have a statistical increase in bird die-offs (from 1 every 48 hours to 1 every 19 hours) and a marked increase in cases that cannot be attributed to the usual causes (starvation, disease, and parasites). Moreover, the typically mundane explanation that the birds were hit by vehicles leads to an extraordinary conclusion: these recent cases appear to involve some form of disorientation, leading to superficially suicidal behaviour (note, this is not meant to imply that the birds are, in fact, consciously committing suicide). The actions, and reactions, of these birds appear to involve unusual circumstances. By the established criteria, this qualifies the recent bird die-offs as atypical.
Therefore, it is, in fact, an event worthy of further examination.

2) If they are an event, what are all conceivable causes?

Being a fun-loving kinda guy, I’m a fan of this part. This takes some time, and some creativity, but the list of causes includes the following:

• Fireworks (combined with resultant stress)
• Vehicles
• Starvation
• Disease
• Parasites
• Extreme temperatures
• Lightning
• High altitude hail
• Electric power lines
• Flying into buildings/other objects
• Seismic outgassing and groundwater contamination caused naturally by earthquakes
• Geological outgassing and groundwater contamination caused by “fracking”
• Covert HAARP experimentation (weather control)
• Stress due to some impending disaster
• Disorientation caused by changes in Earth’s magnetic field
• Government-ordered controlled poisoning for population control
• Deadly cosmic “dust” seeping into the atmosphere
• Government tests of biological weapons
• Aliens seeking to rid the universe of certain avian species
• Birds flying into invisible alien craft
• People from the Hollow Earth who resent the fact that we have birds and they don’t want to kill the ones we have
• Birds time-slipping into the past and being eaten by the Langoliers, causing them to die in the present
• Hundreds of kids around the world with slingshots and nothing better to do are picking them off (probably the same kids responsible for crop circles)
• Birds are getting tired of waiting for Betty White to die
• Birds from the Baby Boom era are committing suicide because they don’t want to face retirement
• The natural frequency of Earth is changing, causing die-offs in species not able to adjust to the shift
• Birds are tired of living with humans
• Multiple explanations

3) Which of these causes are impossible?

Honestly, a lot of these are impossible (remember that, to be considered impossible, a potential cause must be observationally and/or logically falsifiable). Let’s see why.

Observationally, we have already seen that starvation, disease, parasites, and vehicles are not responsible for the bird deaths of 2011. In addition to these, it is also impossible for these birds to have been killed by lightning – not only because no such storms were reported at any of the die-off locations, but also because none of the birds were reported to have suffered from extreme heat or electrocution. This last observation (the lack of any signs of electrocution) also eliminates power lines as a possible cause.
The only case attributed to fireworks is the mass die-off in Beebe, Arkansas, on the night of December 31. This is a possibility, in this one case, and it must be fairly considered. It will remain on the list, for the time being.
There are also a number of absurd causes that I listed only for the sake of being thorough. These are: alien culls, residents of the Hollow Earth, time-slipping, kids with slingshots, and Betty White watchers. These can logically be eliminated.

Speaking of logic, we can use a combination of observation and logic to narrow the list down further.
The vast majority of die-offs have occurred in the United States. With HAARP being an American project, their use of it on their own ecosystem, and on their own people, would seem counterproductive. This is not a logical possibility, and, despite one known suspicious radar hit that could indicate weather modification at the time and location of the Beebe die-off, the fact remains: HAARP is a secretive government project, but how can we suggest that it is being used so frequently against the nation that runs it? The American government has, on occasion, tested drugs and the like on their own unsuspecting public, but not to such an extent that would present a danger to the stability of the nation, itself, and certainly not to an extent that would make their actions obvious.
For the same reasons as HAARP, we can also exclude other government projects and tests. Poisoning is also not supported by early necropsy results, removing both government testing and poisoning for population control.
We can also logically remove the possibility that birds have been flying into buildings and other objects. Very few of the dead birds have been found at the bases of buildings or anything else they may have flown into, and, in fact, most have been found in open areas, near roads and in yards and fields. Blunt force trauma in mid-flight would indicate that they may have flown into something, but the lack of anything for them to fly into is telling.
Hail should have been falling to the ground along with the birds were it the cause, and it would have been very visible on weather radars. No evidence of hail exists at any of the die-off locations, so this can be ruled out.
Finally, we can also rule out temperature extremes. Not all locations were seeing extreme temperatures, and the affects of such extremes, such as starvation, nests of dead birds, and signs of hypothermia, would have been apparent (the disorientation of many of the surviving birds would support hypothermia, but no other symptoms have been reported, and the cold has not been suggested as the cause of any of the most notable die-offs).

This leaves us with the following possibilities:

• Fireworks (combined with resultant stress)
• Seismic outgassing and groundwater contamination caused naturally by earthquakes
• Birds flying into invisible alien craft
• The natural frequency of Earth is changing, causing die-offs in species not able to adjust to the shift
• Birds are tired of living with humans
• Multiple explanations

4) Which of the remaining (possible) causes is the simplest?

As most have already done, fireworks are not a simple solution to this problem. They could be responsible for a single die-off, but this explanation can’t explain the other cases worldwide (assuming, of course, that there is a common cause), and it fails to explain why other fireworks events have failed to lead to similar incidents.

Birds may, in fact, be tired of living with humans, but, if they care, this would be a sign that they value their lives and their habitat. This, then, would indicate that suicide would not be a reasonable response. And, this assumes that birds have the capacity to care. The more reasonable assumption would be that birds, as other animals (excluding humans), are entirely subject to their instincts, and this means they deal with things as they come – they don’t get “tired” of anything and choose to end their suffering.

A change in Earth’s vibrational frequency appears to be a popular theory, but how simple is it? It implies that Earth and everything on it is “tuned” to a specific frequency, and that a change in the frequency in one thing is a detriment to the others. It also assumes that these frequencies exist, and there is no conclusive, incontrovertible evidence for any of the New Age ideas involved. It is possible, but it is not simple, and, therefore, it is not to be preferred.

Birds may be flying into alien spaceships parked in our skies, but what does that say about our airplanes. If these ships don’t move for birds, why do they move for planes, and why don’t we see the turbulence of this movement? There is evidence of the existence of UFOs in our neck of the galactic woods, but none exists to support that these UFOs hover silently and invisibly above our heads for birds to fly into. Again, it’s possible, but it’s not simple.

This leaves:

• Multiple explanations

Outgassing, magnetic changes, space dust, and fear – this is what we are left with. It may also be more than one of these. Is one simpler than the rest? Or is there a combination of causes that presents a simpler explanation than any one on its own?

Let’s look at what evidence we do have.
First, consider the broader spectrum of animals involved in unexplained die-offs, not just over the past month, but the past decade:

1) Whales
2) Bees (some of these may have been explained, locally, but the explanation may not account for the overall global decline)
3) Bats (fungus is the cause of the mass population decline in the US, but, similar to the birds, bats have been found dead in at least one case that cannot be explained by disease)
4) Birds (these included migratory birds and other birds that are extremely sensitive to changes in their environment: blackbirds, starlings, pigeons, swallows, turtle doves, and robins)
5) Fish (especially those that are more sensitive to changes in their environment)
6) Crabs, shellfish, and molluscs (which are sensitive to changes in their environment)

Now, note what these have in common. Excluding those species that are specifically sensitive to changes in their environment, all of them use the magnetic field to orient themselves and to migrate. Without a stable magnetic compass, they could easily become disoriented and fail to follow migratory routes.
Of course, these animals are all also susceptible to asphyxiation in the event of methane outgassing, but there is a problem with this theory. If this were the case, we should see a steadier trend of bird and fish deaths. Instead, what we have seen so far are isolated incidents – large groups of dead animals (of specific species, as shown above) found at very specific times and places, rather than a constant flow of dead animals with little separation in species, time, and location. The increase in seismic activity since September, 2010, in the central US (around the New Madrid Seismic Zone) would seem to support the theory of outgassing, where the methane is being released by the increased activity, and this may well be the case in one or two of the incidents, but it fails to explain the broader picture we’ve been painted.
The theory that stress is to blame is valid, but it is fatally vague. Stress in animals prior to disasters is brought on by the preceding signs of that disaster (such as deep-earth subsonic vibrations prior to earthquakes), and animals are well-accustomed to knowing when their lives are in danger, but this is another symptom of an underlying cause – it is not a cause on its own.

I have purposefully left the intrusion of space dust for last, because the implications of such an occurrence are very important. What could allow compounds from beyond Earth’s atmosphere to reach us easier?
The answer to this is, in fact, the other remaining explanation: a changing magnetic field. The magnetic field of Earth is responsible for blocking much of the radiation the sun sends our way, and it does the same for the harmful elements that form in the “emptiness” of space. However, if there are weak spots in this field, this protection is diminished and Earth suddenly finds itself vulnerable.
This is an appealing explanation, because, if “clouds” of space dust find their way into the lower atmosphere, there are a couple interesting consequences. First, the dust would show up on radar as an unusually dense region of air. Second, the dust contains high amounts of hydrogen cyanide, which is a very lethal compound causing hypoxia by blocking oxygenation of the cells. Not only is hypoxia reported in the massive die-off in Italy, but a dense, non-precipitous system was spotted on local weather radar in an otherwise clear sky over Beebe, Arkansas, at the exact time birds were dropping from the sky in that area.
These are two specific cases that lend evidence to the theory that space dust is responsible for some of the deaths, but the broader cause is a changing magnetic field, which is evidenced by the other, more numerous die-offs. This is exactly what we would expect from a weakening magnetic field (disoriented birds, missed migrations, and so on), and, consequently, it already appears that this could very well be the root cause. But, it doesn’t end there.
This theory is lent credence by the fact that it is observationally established that not only has Earth’s magnetic field been following a (recently accelerating) downward trend over the past century and a half, but the north magnetic pole is also rapidly wandering away from its 1980s position and heading toward Siberia. In 2001, this shift was about 10 kilometres per year; in 2005, it was about 40; and, since then, it has accelerated further. This is, admittedly, not an alarming shift, and it is certainly not proof of an impending geomagnetic reversal (as some suppose), but it does indicate a relatively unique change in Earth’s internal dynamics. It may not be apocalyptic, but it could certainly be enough to confuse the internal compass birds use to migrate. Also, the prominent cluster of bird die-offs in the central US, as well as a possible intrusion of space dust into the lower atmosphere in the area, could indicate a significant (and recent) weakness in the magnetic field specifically over that region.

5) Conclusion: the simplest possible cause is preferred

In conclusion, we can say that, with the available evidence, it appears that the preferred cause should be a significant weakening of Earth’s magnetic field. This weakening, as well as the consequences of such a weakening, seems to explain the overall occurrence of bird die-offs, and also explains other animal deaths, atypical behaviours, and population declines over the past decade.
Note that further observation may lead to a different conclusion, but, given the current evidence, this seems to be the best fit for the time being. Also note that the above-mentioned weakening of the magnetic field does not necessarily represent a danger to humans. Geomagnetic reversals are notoriously difficult to predict, and fluctuations in the field are a natural occurrence. The jump from “polar wandering” and “field decline” to “geomagnetic reversal” is premature and unfounded.

References:

www.philly.com...
www.currykerlinger.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
petcaregt.com...
www.innvista.com...
www.srd.alberta.ca...
www.nytimes.com...
news.nationalgeographic.com...
www.todaysthv.com...
news.nationalgeographic.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Well done

Thats one of the most in depth responses I have seen in a long time, hope to see more from you.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aziroth

Merci
I always try to be as in-depth as possible, and I figured if anything's worth the sleepless nights, it's this. And I certainly plan on sticking around...especially if 2011 keeps up its trend.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Another one:

55 Buffalo Die Mysteriously on New York Farm

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join