It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of dead octopuses wash up on Portugal beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
EDIT 2 : OK I fail... this is from January 3, 2010... I thought we were still in 2010...
Sorry....

Well, add the octopuses to the list of animals who died for no known reason.

Thousands of dead octopuses wash up on Portugal beach

Thousands of dead octopuses have washed up on a beach in northern Portugal, in what is being called an environmental disaster.

They cover a 5-mile stretch of Vila Nova de Gaia beach - no reason has yet been found for their appearance.

The authorities have warned the public not to eat them.

Oil? Cold? Virus?

It must be those new underwater fireworks, from what I've heard, they brighten your day like it's your last!

EDIT: This actually happened on January 3... we totally missed it.
edit on 18-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
ok this is just getting beyond crazy @least 2 threads a day about this! somethings wrong very wrong this is in no way normal or good!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
ok this is just getting beyond crazy @least 2 threads a day about this! somethings wrong very wrong this is in no way normal or good!!!

by your logic if we focus on car crashes and suddenly start reporting how many occur every day there would be something very wrong and "not normal" about the rate of car accidents...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
and the plot thickens....

Things are getting more strange by the day.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

Yeah, I'm starting to climb on board the theory that maybe there really is something going on. No matter how much I try to dismiss it in my mind, new incidents keep happening.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
it's just Patrick singing....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome

Originally posted by matrix12

by your logic if we focus on car crashes and suddenly start reporting how many occur every day there would be something very wrong and "not normal" about the rate of car accidents...

Were you serious with that post? Car accidents are a fact of life that those who choose to drive know is a potential outcome each time they get behind the wheel of a car.

Thousands of animal/fish/bird, etc. deaths taking place worldwide for no apparent reason does not fit into your...."logic"....if that is what you wish to call it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
# this is getting out of control. I't's becoming scarier by the day. WTF.
You know what? Gulf oil spill.
Biblical prophecy revelations reads; And a mountain of fire was cast into th sea, and all living things in the sea died. We are screwed.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

thanks for replying to that i just found it to ignorant to even type a response

deny ignorance

edit on 18-1-2011 by matrix12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Very worrisome, these things seem to be happening unabated, but in this instance I'd go with the special underwater fireworks

ETA: noticed the post just below mine about the date.. still an interesting story, thanks for posting

edit on 18/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

This news article is over 1 year old (Jan 3 2010.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
it's just Patrick singing....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c15a2ae7bc2e.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VocalHero

You're right... Sorry... I thought we still were in 2010...

Silly me... we should close this thread then...

Sorry again.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VocalHero

good catch turn off the red alert, but im sure some mass death happend today im going to go look

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by VocalHero

Nice catch! Not that I don't think strange things aren't afoot, but it's also important to not be reactionary, to look at all the evidence...such as dates.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What ever is happening seems to be species specific. It's only ever one species at a time dying off. What about all of the other animals in the same stretch of water at the time. Same thing applies to the birds. Only ever one species at a time.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

animal die offs are common. this happened last year. like many things on this site, its much ado about nothing

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If a mass die off happens far out in Pacific southern will it even be detected??? Watch for the whales for they are smart and can smell waste in the waters so if we see whale die offs then. 1 of 2 thing is near... smh and the's know what they done as do WE.....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

That's patrick singing...

The op said something about the "underwater fireworks"...(all the causes have been BS IMO)...So I added patrick singing that god awful song..as being as believable as the fireworks/virus/cold/blahblahblah theories the media has been throwing our way..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome

animal die offs are common. this happened last year. like many things on this site, its much ado about nothing

Really? They are common? Happened last year? Much ado about nothing?

Interesting that all you've done is spout your opinion without providing a shred of evidence. It's one thing for 20 deer to die. It's quite another for thousands of animals to die.

By all means, please enlighten us with the knowledge you seem to possess but have been reluctant to share.

new topics

top topics

join