It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulsating Star That Hosts a Giant Planet Discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

A group of researchers from the Institute of Space Sciences (IEEC-CSIC) at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona has discovered, for the first time, a delta Scuti pulsating star that hosts a hot giant transiting planet.

Source

Artist's Impression:

This is a great discovery!we are finding new things out in the cosmos just about everyday now,Just imagine what they are not sharing!

I found this part very intriguing & important :

Therefore, the WASP-33 system represents a landmark in the world of exoplanets since it may provide vital information on pulsations modes that occur in stars, the effects of tides between stars and planets and the dynamical evolution of planetary systems.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thank you! very interesting! makes me wish Galaxy Class Starships were real!!! I wonder what other surprises does the Universe have...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by masterp

No problem.There is probably so many undiscovered,unimagined wonders out there and within "this" universe! (Multiverse) Parallel universes and cannot leave out different dimensions!
edit on 19-1-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Starred and flagged. I enjoyed the picture.... God I love ATS for all the interesting cosmic things I am learning about

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

This is a great discovery! it unfortunately is being overlooked,it holds great significance in helping us learn more about how planets interact with stars (tide,gravity,magnetosphere) this research is absolutely momentous and paramount in our understanding of solar systems and the universe at large

new topics

top topics

join