It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder is Illegal and Unlawful, that is why it has not happened in Centuries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

This.

If certain types of things which will not be mentioned here, were not illegal I might do them.

Nothing that harms anyone. I don't kill, or steal because it's wrong..

Not because I am worried about jail.

Although there have been people I would love to knock out. But that's another story.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Okay, I was only philosophic in my OP.

What I am getting at is Crime and Punishment.

I had a thread about something else and someone brought into the argument about punishment and someone that has gotten out early due to something like parole or probation.

Myself, if you are going to punish someone by prison, I believe that when they are released, they should be afforded all the rights as someone else.

Yes, I was a lot abstract in my OP. I was just trying to get everyone to think about all the variables in regards to crime and punishment.

First, let us ask a basic question, if someone is released from prison, should they be afforded ALL the rights of everyone else?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Well of course, you are using yours and my evaluation of the system, to put forth the exact thing I am talking about.

Now, if I was rich, I would want them to suffer and I myself would pay to have them incarcerated in a 6x10 box for the rest of their life. Not for the punishment, but for the retribution.

We have to think about who we are punishing though in real world situations. We are not only punishing the person that was guilty of the crime, but we are also punishing the society because we are forcing them to pay for the incarceration. I know and you know that this is wrong.

By the way, I have thought about the retribution angle about letting the victim decide the fate of the perpetrator. Talk about putting the victim in the seat of punishment. Still working out the idea of that.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

That is the question. That is the components I am talking about. What is your ideas or thoughts on the subject?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I will wait for any further discussion if anyone wants to weigh in on this.

I have only been accosted twice. Where the person committed a crime against me.

I have been involved once where I stopped a beating, I was told that the people giving the beating did it because the guy raped another person. NOW, I did not know what was going on, so I stepped in amongst about 8 folks whooping a person. I had no idea what was going on, this is the kind of thing that crime and punishment does not account for, retribution.

You really have to think about all aspects of possibilities.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Come on, no one wants to reweigh in? Yes, it was a stretch and a philosophic view, but how bout giving me your viewpoint.

Do you believe in incarceration and retribution?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I agree with mnemeth1 as per what constitutes a crime. I believe the victim(or the family of said victim, if he/she is dead) should have total say in the punishment...whatever that may be. And there should be no limit to as to the punishment, whatever you can imagine, goes.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

Okay, you believe the victim or the family of the victim should decide the punishment.

Do you believe that the punishment can be worse than the crime, or do you think that society should pay for the punishment, meaning that society should pay for the incarceration?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join