It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theories And Professional Discussion The Norm At AboveTopSecret.com

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Great thread S&F!
We try our best and it's nice to see an article that's positive.This forum is a great place I have been here 5 years now.(damn)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by C2CExaminer

It seems that your positive take on ATS has been very much appreciated.
Its very refreshing to have a fair appraisal of the efforts of the members and the staff.

Thanks again, and I hope as you find your way around here you enjoy it as much as we do!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I always come back to Above Top Secret. I find it to be a refreshing oasis as opposed to other message boards where civility is rare and people just post whatever they feel.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
so far I am very happy with the site. I like the discussions that we get into in the forums....there appears to be some very intelligent people participating in this site's forums....thanks for the good experience so far...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
well I have nothing to add that hasn't already been stated
so I'll just wish ATS a great coming out day

congrats and thanks to bts
for the find. S&F

boon

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
"Can you explain how linking to other sites would benefit search results?"

It gives your pages more content in the form of additional resources and I would think the search engine's algorithm uses this factor to give higher page rank and more relevance. I've probably over simplified it a bit, but from my observations that's how they seem to work in regards to this aspect.
edit on 20-1-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Not bad not bad, it might be that tin foil hats are getting popular eheheh, just kiding, might bring in an influx of new thinkers, and spreaders of the truth, or maybe just more trolls...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Very very cool, I hope as support is showing in another thread that ATS will soon have some air space on TV, that would be totally awesome. It was a top review/article and really put ATS in the light it deserves to be

Well done to everyone! S&F for the find too OP!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
We should all take this article as true compliment, greatly deserved.
To everyone who has made ATS such a fine place I will add my thanks.
All success due to a framework of ideals and common sense T&C rules.
200.000+ members and growing!
I'd call that a recipe for success.

Happy to be here

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
cynicism is essential but as the greeks said, although only sparta stayed true to it, everything in moderation.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I am a respectful poster here, who does not converse with sock puppets, nore trolls. Welcome , newbies, welcome all. And watch your editing.
edit on 22-1-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Interesting, I like the mix of real conversations on relevant topics, and the absurd (Allegedly) craziness that ensues on others. Great place for debate and education on topics not many are familiar with.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Since TV has become a gigantic vagina--Oprah, The View, Dr. Phil, etc, etc., ... thank God for ATS.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
It's interesting to me to see ATS treated like this in the media, because most of the mainstream media views this forum as a dark corner of the internet filled with twisted antisocial creeps. It takes an internet-saavy journalist to understand the truth: that this is one of the best moderated forums on the internet. That it is so huge is no fluke. These sorts of communities must have rules and even restrictions. I'm still waiting for the mainstream media to get a more nuanced approach to online communities, instead of treating normal people like weirdos.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

As there was good and bad then, there is good and bad now. There is just alot more of the good and bad now due to the ever growing membership. What i think has always made ATS great is the multitude of personalities in the membership, the great work the mods do, even as massive as its become nowadays, and the fact that the owners continually put themselves out there as the face of this website. They aren't a bunch of nutters but 3 articulate guys that always present themselves as such and dont freak out when they get on a mic or camera as some other "alternative thinking" site owners do.

Thanks to the OP and C2CExaminer for the duly deserved props.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join