It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theories And Professional Discussion The Norm At AboveTopSecret.com

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by C2CExaminer

Love the sarcasm.

If you're spending two weeks researching and writing an article why not shoot higher? Examiner.com articles tend to be afternoon writing affairs; just look at the depth and quality. (I understand that's a generalization, but it's quick local writing).

Try to be a guest contributor somewhere more reputable, get yourself published for real. Plenty of hard news publications accept bylined articles.

Edit to add: With plenty of new members it's important to demonstrate what's a real source and what's really not - like Examiner.com
edit on 19-1-2011 by Jason88 because: added thought

Another edit to add: It was a nice piece Donna, but threats about connecting the dots between the AZ shooter and ATS are in poor taste. Since you did you homework, you know members of this website told him to get help. In my my mind, there is no question that ATS comes out good in the wash.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Jason88 because: more more thought

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by C2CExaminer

Well I can, Thanks Donna! I thought the article was objective and well written. Again, I thank you for not being an opportunist and painting ATS in a bad light. It would have been easy to do.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

But the most attractive feature of AboveTopSecret.com is the environment:

We refuse to allow short "drive-by" posting that adds nothing to the thread.

We refuse to allow insults and mayhem that you'll see on many other boards.

We refuse to allow spam and hate speech.
We promote intelligent posting.

We promote productive debate and collaborative discussion.

We promote the examination of any topic as long as manners are maintained.

We respect the content of other sites and encourage linking.

We respect our members' content and defend its credibility and their rights.

Of course they encourage linking, it's a key ingredient in their Search Results monopolization plan.

Other than the not allow hate speech and insults the rest of those are false.
edit on 19-1-2011 by DocEmrick because: sf

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Throughout the years I have searched for answers on many, many subjects and my searches always landed me here. I found those answers coming from several very intelligent people here. I was mighty impressed. I finally decided to come out from lurking and start a membership here so that I could join in on discussions. That was the day I was completely hooked. I love it here, and with so many professional and intelligent people, I felt it has raised my intelligence by association lol. I suggest this site to all my friends, tell them to keep an open mind so they can become aware. It amazes me how much news is on this site that doesnt make it to the MSM, and the minuscule amount that does is here looooonnnngggg before it gets reported there. Keep up the good work ATS. Im proud to be a part of this wonderful site.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
To bad ATS has become so censored though~

loool im so tired i thought i did this post..avatars hahahaha

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
Of course they encourage linking, it's a key ingredient in their Search Results monopolization plan.

Can you explain how linking to other sites would benefit search results?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I would really like to hear his response on this as well. Linking to sites in forums completely bypasses search engines therefore creates NO search results. That is ignorance we are trying to deny here. Kinda put his/her foot in mouth on that one.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's a new conspiracy, ATS "Monopolizing" the entire internet search results...

Thanks for the belly laugh....Also thanks to the lady that wrote the article...seemed fair

reply to post by DocEmrick

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Star and Flag. I have to say I have learned so much from this community and I must thank the Admin who oversee this site. My hats off to you all.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

It's not enough...

I love you all but we need far more members.

Awareness is spreading but it simply is not enough. Time is running out.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I am hoping I will find intelligent debate on matters of conspiracy with people on both sides of the aisle....conspiritator and skeptic alike will make for a really great study...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Aquarius1

Thanks for the insight into the program.
I dont listen to Coast to Coast but once in a decade... but I intend to look this up.

If you come across a link, pass it on!

I only listen to Knapp on two Sundays a month, think it's the the second and third, he does some great interviews and worth checking it out.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

ATS is a small part of a larger conspiracy and I cannot prove it but I can sense it. ATS is the proverbial lasso to reel in the cattle who stray to far from the herd. Why cant ATS members "recruit" other members for a cause? Why cant ATS members "delete" their accounts? There are other things that point to an ATS "big brother" conspiracy but hey I dont have all the angles worked out yet. LOL

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you are willing to review other's research or conduct your own, and are willing to remain open minded to things and consider both opposing views, than this can be a very educational website yes.

There are many gifted posters who bring forward very useful information on a myriad of topics.

I like it because many of the members approach things as detectives looking for clues.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Nice find for sure, S&F
I have been having trouble keeping up with the new topics and post recently!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pittsburgh
Nice find for sure, S&F
I have been having trouble keeping up with the new topics and post recently!!!

That's ok; it happens to most newbies to the site.
Don't worry however; with continued use of ATS, your
brainpower, and ability to absorb data rapidly
will greatly expand.....or so I've heard.

edit on 19-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Can you tell me more about this?

What do you think is happening to ATS?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I posted this today on another thread today and am repeating it now. ATS and its community is on its way to overhauling news, fact checking and reporting. In particular, we can site the Giffords' thread. By Sunday afternoon, the thread had all the information and the conclusions were in. Had ATS gone on the air and reported the story at that time, at least from the US standpoint, they would have beat every major news corp. in our country. Monday morning our news anchors, pundits and correspondents were still stepping on their tongues. Peabody anyone?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join