It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theories And Professional Discussion The Norm At AboveTopSecret.com

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
A joint effort...so a big thumbs up to all ats members...

kx

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the wonderful article, and for taking the time to come to our forum and give us this insight!

reply to post by C2CExaminer

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
That's great feedback for me to hear. I'm new to ATS and I wanted to make sure I was joining a legitimate forum that takes these great issues on seriously. Kudos to the membership!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thanks again, everybody. Glad you all liked it. I'm not much of a 'talker' so I'll bow out now. But...I'll be back!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well, I think ATS is cool, or I wouldn't keep coming back, but...

I'm reminded of that scene in "Pulp Fiction" where Mr. Wolf tells everyone not to use their mouths to apply negative pressure to each others' appendages. 202,000 members, of whom just over 1/2 are active each month. Cool, but there must be @least a billion humans who can understand English well enough to take part in an ATS thread. We've a way to go yet.

There are some excellent examples here of fine research & critical thinking, made all the more mind-boggling b/c its done for free, but lets not kid ourselves: there are also some widely held beliefs that stem from a poor scientific education, simple stupidity &/or mental illness.

I'm not suggesting that we ought to censor what prima facae seems nuts, b/c whether it is or not, such wild ideas often provoke informative discussion. What I am saying is that simply saying we deny ignorance isn't enough. We must challenge every belief to see if it actually does stem from irrefutable truths &, if not, then accept that, no matter how ingrained such beliefs may be, they are just an opinion that has no more merit than any other opinion that's derived from false premises & thus is no more worthy of basing action upon than those posts which clearly are nuts.

Just b/c an idea is couched in clever language doesn't make it any more true than an idea someone who appears to be insane is trying to get across. Being crazy doesn't mean someone is stupid. So let's spare a moment's thought for the ignorance we personally deny that we not only have but enjoy & also propound whenever we post without 1st having researched the subject matter & drawn our own personal conclusions from the available evidence & demonstrably truthful corollary argument.

Naturally, much of the subject matter here precludes a rigorously logical approach, for many different reasons, but what we can do is support our statements with the beliefs we accept as true & not bark merely received opinion @other members.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yes, indeed. Kumbaya and all that.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

But this notoriety comes with a price...

It does indeed, but shh if you talk about it you might get in trouble.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Lot of celebrating and back patting going on in this thread!

We are talking about the examiner.com where anybody can write an article, right? Kinda like a glorified hubpages.

I don't see what all of the fuss is about.

For all we know, one of the site administrators wrote that artilce. Three pages and only one other poster questioned the source? Not very ATSish.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Not everything posted on ATS has to
be a conspiracy.....just the main focus

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Ahhhhh....here it comes. My profile information is right there on my articles for anyone to see, with my picture included, as well as my real name. And I do understand your skepticism, seriously. But you'll see quite a lot of content under that Examiner title and I have 4 other titles, too. Believe it or not I also understand your opinion of Examiner.com and have no intention of trying to change it. I can think of about a zillion other ways I'd rather spend my time. And most of them involve writing, which is how I make my living. Again, compared to all of the other forums I've seen, this ATS forum ranks head and shoulders above the rest.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Hey C2,

Welcome, and its nice to have you!

So, you thought we wouldnt find ya huh?

In all seriousness, it was very refreshing to read your write - up.
And its nice to know you perused around before you gave ATS such a great report!

Oh and one other thing....It seems that the folks here do investigate,
as they clicked on the link!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

No offense, but this isn't so much about you as it is the ATS membership. I just find it funny how everybody in this thread is slobbering all over this article from examiner.com. Protoplasmic already pointed out how quick we are to laugh at using examiner.com as a source, yet here you all are raving over an "article" just because it praises ATS.

Just kinda funny...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Just kinda funny...

Ah so now you know how it feels to suspect something when indeed there is nothing
nefarious going on at all.

Funny that.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by yadda333

Just kinda funny...

Ah so now you know how it feels to suspect something when indeed there is nothing
nefarious going on at all.

Funny that.

What?

I think you may have to decode that if you expect me to understand it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Its not a conspiracy, really its not.

It is what it is....a well balanced place of respect, understanding and brilliance.
Its hard to find in the world today, and what we have here is not a bunch of back patters.

We all have differences, and that is the beauty of it. ATS allows discussion, difference, debate in
an atmosphere of respect, and civility. So even when we dont agree, dont see eye to eye its just that.
At the end of the day we know that there are some things we agree on, some we dont...
and the day ends with respect.

I dont see that as back patting. What I see is mutual respect and appreciation.

edit on 18-1-2011 by burntheships because:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well that was refreshing.

I was expecting some article about how ATS is a nefarious place filled with loonies and what not. I guess I should wear my rose colored glasses every now and then eh?

Kudos to the staff but mostly the membership for the way this whole Arizona tragedy was handled, I kind of expected more problems than anything else, but we've come out it with a better media image than what we started with I think.

Good job to us! And to the press funny enough. ( You wan't catch me saying that very often.)

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So... lol, was that somehow an unofficial endorsement of this website by the CIA.... *looks around at everybody with squinty eyes*

hhhmmmmm......

Just practicing my 'conspiracy' mode. Did I perform well?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
LOL that article was awesome Professional Discussion The Norm At AboveTopSecret.com?!?! haha, good one.

Should have probably been posted in the Conspiracy section, but hey ho, a laughs a laugh.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Thanks for the insight into the program.
I dont listen to Coast to Coast but once in a decade... but I intend to look this up.

If you come across a link, pass it on!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I like the "respectful and intelligent" description. Great to see ATS moving forward in a positive light.

Some cheerful news for a change. Thanks for posting! Cheers ATS!

S&F

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join