It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler the Christian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Myth:
Atheism is more dangerous than religion because atheists like Adolf Hitler killed millions in the name of their atheistic ideologies like Nazism. That's far more than have been killed in the name of religion.

Response:
A popular image of the Nazis is that they were fundamentally anti-Christian while devout Christians were anti-Nazi. The truth is that German Christians supported the Nazis because they believed that Adolf Hitler was a gift to the German people from God.

Was Adolf Hitler an Atheist?

Adolf Hitler was baptized in a Catholic Church in 1889 and was never be excommunicated or in any other way officially censured by the Catholic Church. Hitler frequently referred to God and Christianity in his various speeches and writings.

In one 1933 speech, he said that "To do justice to God and our own conscience, we have turned once more to the German Volk." In another he said: "We were convinced that the people need and require this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out."

In a 1922 speech, he said: "My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. ...And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and exploited."

More proof: www.nobeliefs.com...
edit on 18-1-2011 by ac3rr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ac3rr

Jesus... aka Christ in the word Christian or "Of Christ"...... was Jewish...

Bad argument.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken, Hitler based alot of his anti-semitism on the work of another German historicl figure and founder of the Protestant reformation and the Lutheran faith, Martin Luther.

In 1543 Luther published a work entitled "On the Jews and Their Lies", a highly anti-semetic piece.
So it doesnt seem that all Christians, especially Christians held in high regards such as Luther, were as understanding of the Jewish faith, or exhibited Christian love as much as they are given credit for.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by ac3rr

Jesus... aka Christ in the word Christian or "Of Christ"...... was Jewish...

Bad argument.

Yeop !!! The Catholic religion branched off from the Jewish view of Jesus son of God and formed their own little clan.....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ac3rr

Fact: Stalin was an atheist
Fact: Stalin killed waaaaaayyyy more than hittler did.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kayzar

I always think, when I hear Hitler/Stalin being mentioned by Christians, that it poses more of a problem for them than it does for me. Because it brings up the problem of evil - big time!

Why on earth did their god not do something about Hitler & Stalin? Perhaps they don't want to say that their god is an out and out killer (despite the OT) but God could have made Hitler mute. Imagine - no rallies, no speeches, none of that. Game over for old Adolf.

I watched a programme on Discovery not long ago, where they replicated the attempt to blow Hitler up. Apparently they only had one charge in the suitcase because a second one was faulty. When they tried it with two, it blew the dummy's legs off. Also, some gadgie moved the suitcase to the other side of the table leg, which was some kind of old oak, & tough as hell. If that boy hadn't done that, if for example the all powerful god the christians believe in made that boy want to take a pee at that specific moment, so that bomb laden suitcase was left where it had been placed ... bango, end of Hitler, it would have blown his pins clean off. Why didn't god do either of those things, and put an end to WWII?

I mean, sorting a faulty electrical circuit or making someone want to pee, that's within the power of the creator of the universe, surely?

The usual response you hear to the problem of evil is what Christians call the unknown purpose defence - it's all part of God's unknown plan - If a Christian wants to mention Hitler & Stalin it would be worth asking him or her what their response to the problem of evil is - if that's the only response they have, then they're going to be forced to admit that Hitler & Stalin were doing God's will.

Atheists of course have nothing to explain: sh!t happens. Naturally, the faith-heads can always squirm out of it, even natural disasters, e.g. God is testing our faith, all will be compensated in heaven, it's punishment for sin, etc, but nevertheless the problem of terrible things befalling innocent people gives them pause.

Even if Stalin had been a complete atheist, and even if he was supported only by other atheists, that wouldn't prove that he and his supporters were motivated by atheism.

I think this just shows how religious people will believe anything, if you tell them your doing gods work. It doesn't really matter too much what he was, I think it matters more who the people who supported him and liked his vision were.

They can argue all they want that Hitler was an atheist, but it was because of the religious that he got power. Even if he didn't believe any of the sh!t he said about god, he knew it would work on them.

How many atheists would vote for me, if I was running for president and promised you an atheistic society but we had to kill all the jews and christians first? None would.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I believe many people in this country tend to think they have the answer instead of truly researching. (X + Y= Your answer) (example John Doe has his mind made up the about Christianity before he does research) Leaving you searching for answers that make your statement true, instead of seeking the truth. This is the true meaning of ignorance. ( A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.)
Albert Einstein

Why debate instead of seeking the truth. We americans have become stubborn and lazy when it comes to seeking knowledge. The word (Bible) is our code for living if you plan to discredit us, use bible verses. Dont attempt to tie someone like Hitler to us.

Proof the bible in its original text is true.
www.pcez.com...

www.theomatics.net...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BreezeLike

Ahh the good ol' Hitler argument, not much of an argument but it comes up time and time again. Even if Hitler were an Atheist like Stalin, as so many theists will vigorously use to try and justify atheism as a motivator for evil, they weren't killing in the name of Atheism. In the name of a lack in a belief... They were the product of other dogma's and nationalism that rivaled religion where in the dear leaders became almost god-like.

Sam Harris speaks a bit better than myself so I'll let him drive it home.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
No,he was catholic. That means nothing tho. How many other catholics did the same thing?

top topics

join