It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future world!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

How would you respond to the future technoligies like smart dust...Is smart dust a good idea or bad? It would cut down on crime, but invade our privacy!
The law I live by is...
Complete freewill in thought. (With mind reading technology coming out. crnano.typepad.com...
) Moral logic and moral (Ten commandments.) love above freewill in action in reality.

Complete freewill in entertainment, virtual reality/Internet2 - One huge vr world. venturebeat.com...
liberty, freedom of speech, freedom of religion/Spirtuality, freedom of investigating on the internet as along as none of the above Seriously harms anyone in real.
edit on 18-1-2011 by Terms777 because: Messed alittle!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
my wife freaks out about dust. so kickstart the vacuum and there you go! smartdust byebye...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mutante

LOL

You think "They" are already doing it? I Don't thinnk it will be possible untill around 2020.

edit on 18-1-2011 by Terms777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
nice concept, but this video does an exceptionally poor job of discussing the benefits.

The video is short, I think a few more videos, perhaps some research papers describing the full function of it is in order for this thread to get legs.

I encourage all technology growth as a rule, but would like to know more about its capabilities, both initially, and the end point progression. Will this thing take genetic samples of us should we put our hand on a building that has been "dusted"? Will it know, simply by stepping on it, how heavy, tall, and fast we are going? how smart is the smart dust...can it be used as a tool for law enforcement? (the person whom mugged you is 6'1, 200lbs, and ran in this direction right into that home. His thumbprint was recorder, his dna sampled, it is joe smith, the smart dust now will immobilize him the second he steps on the streets)

Pros and cons I see, but so long as its developed transparently, I am all for it.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
nice concept, but this video does an exceptionally poor job of discussing the benefits.

The video is short, I think a few more videos, perhaps some research papers describing the full function of it is in order for this thread to get legs.

I encourage all technology growth as a rule, but would like to know more about its capabilities, both initially, and the end point progression. Will this thing take genetic samples of us should we put our hand on a building that has been "dusted"? Will it know, simply by stepping on it, how heavy, tall, and fast we are going? how smart is the smart dust...can it be used as a tool for law enforcement? (the person whom mugged you is 6'1, 200lbs, and ran in this direction right into that home. His thumbprint was recorder, his dna sampled, it is joe smith, the smart dust now will immobilize him the second he steps on the streets)

Pros and cons I see, but so long as its developed transparently, I am all for it.

Read this...
www.darkgovernment.com...

SO is this bad or good? I'm predicting that this will be Available around 2020!

(If there is a crazy person viewing this...it is not my fualt what they do! freedom of speech...Our men and women have died for this right I have!!!)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
read William Gibson and other Cyberpunk writers concerning the dark side of this all

it could be used as a tool of control after you inhale it and it lodges in your brain,
then if there's a big solar flare/EMP blast
techno-zombie apocalypse

seriously this is dangerous stuff and you can bet it weaponized long ago.

on the bright side
determining the MOR frequencies for this stuff will definitely be useful.
Forbidden Cures

scroll down to this part:

Dr. Royal Rife In the late 20's and early 1930's, Dr. Royal Raymond Rife from San Diego, California, developed a high powered microscope which he used in conjunction with a frequency generator. Using special UV light, Rife's mircroscope was capable of 60,000x magnification! This degree of magnification allowed him to observe LIVE virus and bacteria organisms while he applied the MOR (Mortal Oscillatory Resonance) frequency from his frequency generator via plasma tube radiation of the energy. He was able to destroy all manner of disease organisms (including cancer related organisms) by merely 'tuning' the generator to the correct resonant frequency of these organisms and applying the oscillating electric fields via the plasma driven, "Beam Ray Tube". Everything in the universe, living or dead, and its own resonant frequency. If you apply this exact resonant frequency to the object or organism, it will begin vibrating until it literally shatters itself. You've all seen the wine glass and the opera singer demonstration. Same deal for microbes.

or nanotech.

weird I've posted that bit above like 6 or 7 times now...
anyhow, Doctor Hulda Clark's syncrometer or other alternative electromagnetic therapies would be required once your infected.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
How would you tell this to the world? If everyone knows about them except for a couple people and think they are dust. They would give you information on your vacuum. I think it would be nice to have it start your computer as soon as you enter your room/ building. But people can use them to get information on anyone they want. Also it would cost millions to put them all over the US. What about other countries? We could use them to spy on other countries and probably arm them with micro packets of C4....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

So what I'm wondering is would it be a good thing or a bad thing? We would be a utopia from crime but lose our privacy! No more smelling your own farts!!! lol

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Tech that is used for the benefit of mankind is indeed admiralbe. Unfortunately, almost all new technology is developed first by the defense industry and then made available to the public only when the next generation of said tech is aquired by those on high. Your cellphone, lasers, intergrated circuts and countless others are examples of old DARPA discoveries.
The potential for this technology as a weapon of war is incalcuable. Weather controll does have the ability to allow very few humans to controll very many humans. Tech such as this should not be solely in the hands of those who would keep it forever secret.
molonlabe33

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by molonlabe33

Agreed. What if a Christian extremist did not like buddhist and harrased them. Or what if a African American did not like a white person and harrased them or vise versa.

If there was laws though...such as
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. - Albert Einstein

The law I live by is and in the future every oen will live by is...
Complete freewill in thought. (With mind reading technology coming out. crnano.typepad.com...
) Moral logic and moral (Ten commandments.) love above freewill in action in reality.

Complete freewill in entertainment, virtual reality/Internet2 - One huge vr world. venturebeat.com...
liberty, freedom of speech, freedom of religion/spirtuality, freedom of investigating on the internet as along as none of the above Seriously harms anyone in real.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Its a good thing
I am a huge fan of developing nanotech applications.

In regards to dark use of technology...alot of speculation, but if we consider former arguments against advancing tech verses the reality, you quickly see most dark senarios are simply paranoid fabrications

GPS in cars...would take over and drive you to assassinate people via running them over, seemingly caused by you
Result: Never happened. GPS computers in cars are a life saver, and a big convenience. No weird reports coming in..

Automated banking: Would collapse the entire world economy once it becomes mainstream
Result: Auto banking works fine...its the people whom are collapsing it..(replace them with computers and we may be alright)

The Internet/ WWW: Would fuel mind control and government propaganda all over the world, making everyone ignorant
Result: Opposite

People irrationally fear advances in technology, because it is a new way of living and thinking (omg, a new world order). Yet, when its implemented, and a boogieman doesn't jump out of it, we forget quickly the irrational fear associated with it. You will also find alot of irrational fear starts as a seed planted by corporatists whom would lose profit from said new tech.

Nanotechnology...more specific, the assembler technology truely will destroy almost every market on earth when fully developed...as you can imagine, there is alot of fear being stoked by corporate giants that would see their entire business made redundant overnight by a gadget that can replicate food, clothes, and anything else out of basic elements.

So, as Nanotech becomes more and more developed, be prepared for tons of spooky and dangerous meme's being shoved out into the unwashed masses. Expect the "gray goo" hysteria and tons of strawmen arguments to be made. Its just dinosaurs roaring their final breath trying to keep the status quo.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Agreed/ We could terrafrom mars

Not only will nanotechnoligy help us live longer, but it would keep germs we are not use too, from other planets from harming us .
edit on 18-1-2011 by Terms777 because: Messed alittle!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Terms777

Fully advanced nanotech is akin to becoming a deity. It would reshape not just our world, but ourselves as a organism.
Why lungs? they just filter out oxygen to put into the bloodstream, remove them and instead have nanobots grab oxygen from anywhere through the pours of the skin (live in water as easily as land)
Why blood..nanobots could be far more efficient
Why skin? nanobots could service the purpose and harden/soften and recreate any color, texture, or shape in a instant
Why eyes? Why ears? etc...fully developed nanotech would eventually turn the human race into little more than balls of energy the size of a golf ball or smaller with the ability to instantanously manifest into anything we can imagine..

But we are talking about alot of steps before that happens. What we are seeing is a weird automated basic math machine being built...and speculating about high end multimedia computers as the result...it may take hundreds of years to reach the end point of nanotech

And that end point may also make terraforming mars a moot point...get energy directly from sunlight for sustainability and enjoy planets in their natural form without concern of petty issues like atmosphere and biodiversity...hell, live right on the sun.

ok, I am going off on a transhumanist tangant now. heh. tech talk gets me worked up

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think the possitives will rule over the negitives in the future with the technoligy coming out. By 2030 we will be one world...or we wont survive!

top topics

join