It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina NAACP rally covers statue of George Washington to not offend anybody

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Unfortunately, it seems you don't have freedom to say it (I just picked the top controversial word). Below you will find three recent examples, now having it be a cause for termination does not tell me I could say it, even if wanted to, it's more like I'm free to steal and free to be fired, not a free to speak and have limited consequence.

www.thepoliticalcesspool.org...

adversity.net...

blogs.bna.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Gotta love a spot bot. Having 4 dogs and 3 kids.. the spotbot and I are REAL close..

I guess Im very bad at expressing myself.. Im not getting across what I am intending. From my point of view.. a non-white who has experienced not only federal favors but interference from the NAACP...I see very clearly that freedom isnt what this is that we have here anymore. Real freedom would be if the whites could ** with as much impunity** cover the Booker T washington monument for a rally as the George Washington Statue was covered. You and I both know that wouldnt happen. This really cant be allowed to go on and MUST be stopped now because it has gotten out of control. Nothing good will come of this so called freedom that is enjoyed by select people and select races today. It started out small and has become a monster... freedom has nothing to do with this other than freedoms being given away by the majority whites. I can NOT understand the reasoning behind this. Blacks are no more entitled to reparations than my people are. They are no more entitled to being permanently and generationally attached to the Federal teat than my people are. Thats slavery and not freedom. To keep us all ( non whites) attached is to allow up special treatment due to our status.. which I see the NAACP promoting to the hilt. I also see the whites too afraid to call BS and put a stop to it.

My grandfather was pretty darned racist. Particularly against blacks.. as most NAs are that I have been around my entire life.. but whites werent immune to his tirades. He said he hated blacks so much because they smear the blood of their ancestors on themselves to get favors and things from the whites and the federal government. I agree with this.. very very much. As much as I agreed when I told my grandfather that I am sure glad that great grandpa whomever was murdered by the whites so we can enjoy government cheese and free crap. My aunt slapped me and I was around 24 yrs old. For being disrespectful no less..
I find it pretty damned disrespectful to everyone ( including whites and my dead ancestors) to claim past sins of a certain race to bully them into giving us special treatment, reparations, free healthcare, free educational stuff, and etc etc etc.My people sold their soul for a piece of land and some govt cheese and we happily call it freedom. Id prefer that the ancestors fight it out among themselves rather than my people and the blacks keep playing that card. My problem is unevenly applied "freedoms". Im not offended by some whiner covering a stupid statue.. Im offended ( more like seriously pissed off than offended) by the allowance of one race to do things as childish as this and CALL it freedom. It isnt. Its absolutely NOT freedom to do things that you would not allow another group or race to do.
IMO freedom doesnt work for one and not the other. What is being called freedom even in this case is flawed. WHats being pulled by the NAACP is called exploitation and the whites refuse to call it like it is for fear their paltry freedoms chucked at them like a bone will be taken away or they may be called a racist.

I dare you. Test what Im saying. Go to the Booker T Washington, have a rally, cover the statue and call it protecting the statue or doing it not to offend anyone. See exactly how your freedom works for you if you are white. Its NOT freedom of any brand that I can fathom. If what they expressed was their freedom.. lets see if this freedom is extended to you in the same way. I can have a rally right now, demand the American Flag be removed or covered because my people had no say in its formation and get my way. Could you? Its not freedom.. its a perversion of freedom and by allowing it to go on you are allowing any chance of having true freedom for all men of all races to be enjoyed in the future.

My people are a joke.. they called one thing freedom that wasnt really freedom. They bought into the BS and you see where its gotten us. DONT let it happen to you all. You are a majority and have power.. make freedom real freedom again for Gods sake before its too late. Dont allow the NAACP to pull this BS.. they are not for freedom and uplifting anything but their own agenda. I can tell you it has absolutely NOTHING to do with helping or protecting "people of color" or exercising freedoms from personal experience. Your freedoms arent being snatched by the feds alone... little insidious things that become monsters like the NAACP are where you will lose everything your founding fathers worked toward. Dont be afraid to be called a racist. The worst racists I know are the NAACP... and they hate YOU. Theyve also successfully flaunted their snatching of YOUR freedoms as a race and you protect them under this idea of freedom??

It can not be allowed any longer without some white person or people calling attention to this. It makes NO difference if a brown or black calls them out on it. We're branded race traitors or we have white envy. This is hurting MY people as much as the whites. Its destroying any hope of a unified country.. a free one anyway. I personally know NO black person, and we know plenty, who support the NAACP. Ask yourself WHO supports them and WHY. You may never know because whites arent involved unless they are part of the agenda and helping out those poor unedumakated black fold and us poor uncivilized savages... and they arent talking. It has nothing in the slightest to do with freedom and they are exploiting the average Americans idea of what freedom is.

The NAACP, CAIR and these racist organizations are more conspiracy worthy than alien disclosure.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
This whole slavery thing needs to be taken into context. Was it wrong yes. How many today even talked to a relative who was a slave lately? Not many I'd bet. Fact is less than 1% of the population owned more than 200 slaves. It was mostly for agricultural production much like illegal immigrants today. The stereotype that everyone in the south owned slaves is not correct. Where is the outright anger for the slave traders from Africa who sold their own people in the first place? I never hear that. I doubt many would want to have grown up in the turmoil and violence of Africa anyway I sure wouldn't.

Sorry back to the topic now.

Thats nothing.. the federal money they want for reparations ( blacks and natives too) is coming out of working and contributing citizens.. like working non-rez natives ( my dad, my mom, and me) and working blacks and people who immigrated here well after slavery was abolished.
dont get me on welfare.. really..

Its ALL a ridiculous scam.. gee, I wonder HOW we can control a race or a large segment of the population of mainly democrat more very liberal leaning voters who dont have a problem with heavy federal involvement? Hmm... lemme think... its coming clear to me now.... MONEY and FAVORS!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth

Unfortunately, it seems you don't have freedom to say it (I just picked the top controversial word).

But you do have the freedom. That doesn't mean that you won't suffer consequences. Freedom doesn't mean that you can do what you want without consequence. In fact, the NAACP are now suffering the consequences of what they did to Washington's statue. They are being flogged by people on the Internet for doing what they did.

reply to post by Advantage

I actually agree with you on your point that in practice, whites don't always have the same social freedom as blacks do. But just because our right to express ourselves is sometimes unequally enforced (for lack of a better word), that doesn't mean that we should remove the rights of those who ARE enjoying their freedoms. In other words, just because white people might get a LOT more backlash about it doesn't mean we should remove the right from the NAACP to do this. What it means is that we must focus on keeping rights EQUAL for everyone, not take away rights until they are equal.

By the way, the President of the SC NAACP is white. Source

I don't think the covering of the statue was because Washington was white, do you? What might be the reason that a statue of Washington would offend the NAACP purpose?
edit on 1/18/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Look at all these straw man arguements on why they had the "right" to do that.

Let me ask you ONE question...

Do I have the "right" to cover up the White House because I believe the President is a Fake?

Answer that one honestly, and get back to me.

And spare me another straw man arguement saying "its not the same thing", because it is.

edit on 18-1-2011 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yes and don't forget the pigford payout to a bunch of folks who've never seen a farm field. Sign up and get a big check.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Let me ask you ONE question...

Do I have the "right" to cover up the White House because I believe the President is a Fake?

No. There are people living in the White House. It's a residence, not a statue. It ISN'T the same thing.

But you can protest in FRONT of the white house.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by filosophia

Sure, they have the freedom of expression to cover up a statue of george washington and I have the freedom of expression to call them...oh wait, I don't have that freedom.

Excuse me? You don't have the freedom to call them something? Since when? You can call them whatever you want.

Not unless I want my ats account to be banned. Not that I blame ATS, they are just caught in a larger trap where society says we have freedom of expression but then we really don't.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Hey, trust me. If you get out of hand, they are not going to ban you. If you REALLY get out of hand, they may make you grovel to come back.

IF YOU GET LIKE ME, than you may REALLY have to beg to come back.

No, ATS will not ban people permanently if you ask politely to come back.

Sorry, I am a PERFECT example of that. I am like the poster child of getting out of hand.

Just ask BH.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

By the way, the President of the SC NAACP is white. Source

I don't think the covering of the statue was because Washington was white, do you? What might be the reason that a statue of Washington would offend the NAACP purpose?

Yeah.. I know. Thats the kicker!
Thats what we scratched our heads over when they came to old Miss to "recruit".. 2 whites and one black. WHites smack talking whites.. funny stuff. SOmehow our govt cheese addled brains saw through it and we ran to tribal counsel with it. The NAACP has been trying to co-opt the first nations forever. Of course it was because he was white and that fits in with what we were badgered with.. that we shouldnt be held under white mans law and white men were holding us back .. white and the first president.. you bet it was because he is white. You see, the BS is that the founding fathers were genocidal racists against the native americans and blacks. You are whites and you definitely OWE us. The founders who made the country and made these "freedoms" were slaveholders and basically only concerned with white males running the country and keeping the people of color down. The issue isnt just white.. its white BECAUSE the constitution, bill of rights, and the government is only there for who it was written for: white male slave holders! Chew on that NAACP rhetoric for a bit. They certainly arent coming to white students and telling them this BS..

Here we are.. natives attending Ole miss in the science program. 2 of the 6 of us were members of MENSA. We have these whites and this lone black come speak to us as if we need to have everything done in crayon for us.. poor uneducated savages and blacks, that we MUST feel that we are being railroaded by the whites in power and we must demand equality. Well, seems to me that if Im attending one of the most prestigious schools in research within my degree program.. and completely accepted among the 99% white population of folks in MENSA, in a sorority surrounded with whitey everywhere with no problems, .. attending this place in MISSISSIPPI,the heart of racism supposedly, .. somehow Im not feeling real trodden upon by whitey even though they spend the better part of 2 hours trying to convince me I am.
Considering I didnt take tribal associated scholarships or my father would have truly murdered me.. and was accepted anyway with absolutely NO racial issues... the NAACP was barking up the wrong brown tree. It pissed me off... that was 1987 and Im still pissed off. Its gotten quite a bit worse since 1987 for sure. You bet that there is a movement against whites.. in your face but you arent listening.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

so what if there are people in it? I will make sure to put fire escape exits in the back. is it ok now>?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Yes and don't forget the pigford payout to a bunch of folks who've never seen a farm field. Sign up and get a big check.

God I love the folks of ATS..
You tell me how much media attention and calling it like it is THAT got. WHat was that.. like 1.something BILLION??? BILLION... had to say it again..

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Not unless I want my ats account to be banned. Not that I blame ATS, they are just caught in a larger trap where society says we have freedom of expression but then we really don't.

ATS doesn't have freedom of expression. There are rules about what we can discuss and how we can discuss them. ATS does not guarantee rights.

What we CAN do here is discuss BOTH sides of an issue, but not all issues are permissible. Comparing ATS to the US does not make your point.

You can call the NAACP whatever you want.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138I'm guessing it's because he (and just about everybody else back then) was a slave owner.

Actually, not "just about everybody else" had slaves back then. Only a very small part of the U.S. did, but can't say that out loud or else the NAACP wouldn't have anything to use as bait!

This is the kinda crap that makes me sick. If a statue offends you (the NAACP) so much, then maybe you should have a real look at yourself and what *you* stand for. The NAACP is as much about "loving they fellow man" as the Ku Klux Klan is. They could care less about MLK and his teachings, all they care about is pissing people off so they can continue with their shady dealings and hate mongering.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

So how would you feel if I held an all-white rally and covered up a statue of Malcom X or Martin Luther King Jr? I guess since you say it doesn't matter what the country thinks I can do whatever I want right?

Now that would make the nightly news, we will see if this does.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

so what if there are people in it? I will make sure to put fire escape exits in the back. is it ok now>?

You do realize that you are taking this to the absurd, don't you?

If you held a rally near the White House and got all the legal permissions to hold your rally, you would have the right to put up a barrier between your group and the White House, such that the people at your rally would not have to view the White House.

Keep in mind that the NAACP's barrier didn't TOUCH the Washington statue, it just blocked the view of the people there.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Keep in mind that the NAACP's barrier didn't TOUCH the Washington statue, it just blocked the view of the people there.

They arent stupid, theyve had a lot of practice and more lawyers on the payroll than supporters.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by Skippy1138I'm guessing it's because he (and just about everybody else back then) was a slave owner.

Actually, not "just about everybody else" had slaves back then. Only a very small part of the U.S. did, but can't say that out loud or else the NAACP wouldn't have anything to use as bait!

This is the kinda crap that makes me sick. If a statue offends you (the NAACP) so much, then maybe you should have a real look at yourself and what *you* stand for. The NAACP is as much about "loving they fellow man" as the Ku Klux Klan is. They could care less about MLK and his teachings, all they care about is pissing people off so they can continue with their shady dealings and hate mongering.

Bad comparison between the KKK and the NAACP. The NAACP is a head on the govt hydra. The KKK are a very small group of frustrated white guys with a linen fetish.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Oh I realize it alright, its just as absurd and foolish as what these people did to the statue.

It just hit you didnt it?

What they did was a slap in the face to ALL Americans.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

See, that is fine, what you are talking about is the propaganda networks.

THAT is why they are failing. We have to make sure that the government no longer attempts to push our tax dollars onto their agenda ever again.

This is why we have to eliminate ALL government funded media. This includes NPR, NEA or any other components of propaganda. This is why the last election was soooo important. If they do not defund the propaganda points, we have to continue our efforts.

Now, there is something that I have contemplated, if the people we elected all of a sudden switch their beliefs about the debt, their may be something our government is keeping from us. That itself is wrong, but understandable. NOT giving them an excuse though.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join