It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CEO Of Europe's Biggest Bank Chooses To Ignore The Fact That He Was Just Banned From Banking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Source Article

The CEO of Santander - the Eurozone's biggest bank - Alfredo Sáenz has been fined, sentenced to a suspended eight-month prison term and banned from banking by the Spanish supreme court, according to Dealbook.

Here is the conspiracy angle, apparently some judges can be bought off [sarcasm] I know, it is almost unimaginable! [/sarcasm]

The case actually began back in 1994. Saenz sued four businessmen in an attempt to recoup about $5 million (3.8 million euros) worth of loans made by Banesto, even though he allegedly knew they were innocent.
And three of those men were jailed because of the lawsuit.
Luckily they were later exonerated, while the judge who imprisoned them was banned from the judiciary.

Anxious to see if this type of justice starts to spread to other fraudulent banking CEO's.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Bankers are the biggest terrorists of all.

If TSHTF and I come across my bank manager, he'd better learn to shift that fat, greedy ass.

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Beyond Creation

I strongly suggest that you put your money into a credit union as opposed to a bank. They are member based, and a percentage of the profits is given back to each member.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

I'm not familiar with 'credit union' . In the U.K. the alternative is a 'Building society' , is that what you mean?

Peace

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Beyond Creation

Sorry, I had to look it up, but yes, that's it exactly.

Here in eastern Canada, one of the most popular financial institutions is a member-based credit union. Among others, this is an important factor as to why we have gone through this "financial disaster" unscathed. (fingers crossed)

the Billmeister
edit on 18-1-2011 by Billmeister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join