It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings and salutations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hi everyone

My name is ElGreebo (well Stewart actually) and I'm from Glasgow/Scotland/UK, 42 years young, a commercial producer at Radio Clyde, I also am a fully qualified sound engineer and musician/song writer. My interests outside of ufology are film and photography, kite buggy'ing and watching a lot of movies.
I've been a member with ATS for a few years but never posted before. That's all about to change tho...
I'm mainly interested in the UFO's and have been researching on my own since the Disclosure Project broadcast their live web news conference and since witnessing something unexplainable myself 4 years ago over the North Sea, but that's another story, for another time.
I've been sitting on the sidelines here for years, too lazy to contribute, just happy enough to absorb all the information I could and laugh at some of the more "bizzare" posts..
Anyways, I have found something I think is at last worth posting so I am now in the process of going through the "20 post rule" I hope that once I have passed this hurdle I can share something that I think is very interesting and that needs an explaination, so on that tasty teaser I shall leave you with a cheery smile and a wave and look forward to contributing more in the forums once I get past probation...lol

cheers

edit on 18/1/2011 by ElGreebo because: spelling mistake, sorry.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ElGreebo

Explanation: Flagged!

Down at the bottom to bottom right of screen is the 'ribbon' . Click on it to open/close it and pick the green Chat Voyuer function.It will allow you to watch what is going on in Chat but unfortunately you won't be able to join Chat [blue button up top right in the ATS toolbar next to TOOLS ok!] until you have about 200 posts or so.

Please u2u OL using the purple messages function to the far bottom left of screen after opening the 'ribbon' if you need any further assistance! OL is sure a mod will be along soon with an informative post etc.

Peace and Much Love!

Sincerely OmegaLogos [aka OL]

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

*waves back*

Looking forward to reading what you have to share.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Hi ElGreebo, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Welcome to the active side of ATS. Hope to see you around the threads!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Hello!

A fully qualified sound engineer eh? I bet the boys over at ATS live would like a sound engineer to call on from time to time!

Welcome along

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Good to see you coming out
Joking. Looking foward to seeing your posts, heres wishing you lots of stars and flags.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome guys, can't wait to show you what I've got up my sleeve so watch out for my first proper post. I hope to get some answers from a very odd bit of film a friend of mine shot in Austrailia recently.

cheers
edit on 19/1/2011 by ElGreebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Whoa, that was crazy. I was just posting a new intro thread, trying to sound as charmingly innocent as possible while hinting that my intro thread's primary purpose was to up my post count to the hallowed 20 mark, when I accidentally hit something and it reloaded the previous forum page. Lost everything. It was a somber moment indeed...

Well, imagine my surprise when I see that my "Greetings and Salutations" introductory post was up in real time on the forums! My amazement quickly turned into panic because that whole jump-back-a-page thing had happened while I was in mid-sentence. Actually it was more like mid-thought, so the very end of it probably made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Naturally, I started freaking out thinking people were going to think I was nuts or something, only to realize...

Not my thread. It's your thread (this one). Same exact thread title and everything!

Pretty psyched I didn't somehow go ahead posting my thread because then I would have felt really awkward with my thread obviously trying to steal the thunder from yours. Even though this wasn't the case.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that this happened. Mainly because it suggests that we're practically cousins, using the same fantastic online greeting without even knowing it. Either that, or it's just a case of geniuses thinking alike.

edit on 19-1-2011 by JDWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Welcome, you have me very curious. UFO’s and you have something to talk about. hurry up and get those 20 posts up

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JDWriter

I write everything out on word or note pad then copy it and paste in to the reply.

This link has some awesome information you might like as well
[color=FF00FF]A Guide to BBCode on ATS

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

I write everything out on word or note pad then copy it and paste in to the reply.

This link has some awesome information you might like as well
[color=FF00FF]A Guide to BBCode on ATS

Ah, that's a good idea. Thanks for the link -- lots of interesting and useful information there!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hows it going.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Great minds think alike my friend, how are you getting on with your 20 posts? I must admit that I'm struggling a little, still too nervous to post on the main forum, don't really know why, just shy i guess.
Anyways, nice to meet you, catch you in the forums no doubt.

cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by shooshtime

So far so good, thanks for asking. how you doin??

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Hi,

that's really helpful info, thanks very much.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Agreed on that one!

I'm getting there, I suppose. Like you, I don't want to just randomly post everywhere and come off as annoying. I suppose I actually want to have something worthy to contribute to a discussion, especially on the main forums like you said, before I jump into it all.

See ya round and good luck getting your 20-post wings!

top topics

join