It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Nightvision Capture of 1 Huge Object or 3 in Formation (filmed "1-17-11) very clear

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
Hey folks, thought I would let you know I got a response from the OP of the video. This is one of them:

Hi, between 1:10 and 1:20 on the video there is a jet sound but it sounds artificial to me - it is a sound that a jet would make once it passes over but they were not at that point yet in the sky for the pass over sound - very strange. Besides that they were very slow moving and quite.

So now we know that much at least. Just how slow can jets go and how quiet can they be? As someone else mentioned, they probably wouldn't would be refueling in a area like that, so I think we can pretty much rule that out at least.
I wonder if the sound he did hear was from the craft that passed under all of them at the 2:38 mark maybe?

I still don't understand why the lights were so bright in the night vision, but barely seen in the regular vision, except for the one trailing behind which you can see in both views.

I kind of have to laugh and frankly I felt a little silly asking him this other question, but he did answer about the radio news for what it's worth:

It was NPR radio, and for some reason they switch to the British news at night, I guess because it is daytime there and here everyone is asleep

He didn't notice the contrail.

While it doesn't appear he is going to join us here, he does seem open to questions, so, if you have them I will pass them on and take it from there...

Must he say "dude" so much ? and how much weed did he smoke that night ?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I have witnessed similar formations in the night sky before,it turned out to be aircraft refueling in flight.

I don't suppose being able to see stars through the area between the lights may indicate that it isn't one large craft,but a group of smaller aircraft?.

As a side note,does anyone ever use tripods anymore?.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders

I have witnessed similar formations in the night sky before,it turned out to be aircraft refueling in flight.

I don't suppose being able to see stars through the area between the lights may indicate that it isn't one large craft,but a group of smaller aircraft?.

As a side note,does anyone ever use tripods anymore?.

As others have mentioned before in this thread, they usually dont do refueling over populated areas. If you look back just one page, you will see that the OP of the video stated they moved slow and were quiet. I wasnt sure if it was one craft or many because of the comment the OP of the video made while filming it about how huge it was, which it made it sound to me like he was seeing one huge thing. The way they moved later made it appear there were three. I don't know though as I wasn't there.

I agree about the tripod, but these guys were out deer hunting that night and I dont think a tripod was first on their list of things to carry. Besides, some sightings are so fleeting who has time to get a tripod out anyway? After you get over the shock that your seeing something, just to get your cell phone out is a accomplishment sometimes.

Im just happy he had the sense to use the night vision as well or we wouldn't have this much and would probably only have little blips of light in the sky, and we all know how much we love those videos around here.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
What do you think about this??

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Just how slow can jets go and how quiet can they be?

An aircraft can technically have a 0 groundspeed. Airspeed is relative to the speed of the aircraft moving in its local body of air. So for example if you have an aircraft flying at 70kts into a 70kt headwind, it effectively has a 0kt groundspeed.

In regards to sound. You guys really need to stop using sound as any type of indicator as to the identification of known vs. unknown objects. Aircraft engine sound is a pretty complex subject and relies on the aircrafts engine type, engine sound baffling, aircraft altitude, the aircrafts attitude in relation to the observer, wind, temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, and fluctuations in various layers of the atmosphere from the aircrafts altitude to the altitude of the observer. For example, many aircraft will not be audible except when the observer is nearly behind the engines, many are completely silent from a head-on attitude.

I still don't understand why the lights were so bright in the night vision, but barely seen in the regular vision, except for the one trailing behind which you can see in both views.

Military aircraft use very dim nav lights in comparison of civilian traffic, the reason they would be brighter is because the night vision the photographer was using amplifies available light, including in this instance the aircrafts navigation lights.

they probably wouldn't would be refueling in a area like that,

I am curious as to what type of area it was. I live near Macdill AFB, home of the 6th Air Mobility Wing, and the 91 Air Refueling Squadron, and I see these guys orbiting over my neighborhood all the time. As a matter of fact, their flights increase at the end of each month and especially before the end of the year as the pilots try and get in all their required air hours for that year.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I understand what you are saying about sound, but I would suggest that if a KC135 tanker and 2/3- F15's /16's /22's were orbiting low and slow at this type of distance from the observer, then something would have been heard. Also, you are ignoring the fact that they are presented the wrong way around- surely the tanker would be out in front and the fighters would be in trail. Also, the altitude and speed are all wrong for in flight refueling. I live right across from a very large NATO airbase, where we get all sorts of aircraft, including the above mentioned ones, on a regular basis, and I have never seen anything that appeared like this, or would be totally silent at that type of distance.

Sorry- not buying it. Im not saying they are not military aircraft of some sort- lets face it - it could be anything, but I dont think we are viewing an in flight re-fuel.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

Sorry didnt mean to ignore you, I got sidetracked. That is a very cool video for sure. Some are saying hologram perhaps? I have no idea personally. Definitely one of the better clips out there though for sure. Thanks for posting it up.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

It seems like one airplane or helicopter with FAA strobes is following three U.F.O.s who obviously do not show FAA strobes. All registered planes must have these. It is not one solid object as you can see the stars pass in between this triangular formation. The three unblinking lights are leading and the blinking one is obviously following them. Too bad there is no more footage.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

When somebody asks "What is that" in a video, it's basically crying out fake.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Looks like a pretty straightforward triangle sighting to me. Triangles are often seen being accompanied by jets or helicopters, there isn't much debate over their origins left - they are exotic military technology, not aliens. Tankers usually conduct refuellings very high up, not just away from population centres, and those don't look like a tanker's worth of navigation lights plus combat planes awaiting refuelling.
Nothing more than paradigm-shifting Pentagon technology getting in the way of the real UFOs again.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Swamp gas duhhh :-p

Kidding AMAZING! Not long now

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Well, seeing as the video is from VA, I believe they are military craft in formation.
I definitely think it's not one huge craft, because you can see stars in between the lights.
Seeing the one single tail light flash in sequence, gives me the impression it's military use.

Not a UFO.
In my opinion after watching 11 times.

Nice find though.
Would be freaky to see in person.

If it were US aircraft, each one would be required to have a red and blue light and a strobing light like the one flashing, as you say.
Only one light was flashing and there are no colored lights.
Not sure, though I didn't watch as many times as you, if no stars appear between the lights.
If it is one object, then maybe man made. I myself believe that governments made ufo's to keep the hype going to their benefit for some reason.

If three, then I don't think to discount it so quickly....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
A tid bit of info you will ignore I am sure.....the Alien ships can mimic any of our aircraft in lighting and sound if they choose too!

As with everything until the ship lands and and a Being not of Human kind steps out many aren't going to believe anything.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Sorry but I disagree. A fake is when they direct you. A person who is in shock or awe at something they cannot identify does say what is that or what is it. It is a natural reaction. Heard it during the lunar eclipse, much to my surprise.
Next time you see something weird, record what you say.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Very interesting! Seems we had a "sighting" in Michigan yesterday by Diamondale. They were even talking about it on WMMQ this morning. Are the sightings become more frequent?

I have definitely noticed more frequent sightings in Michigan! I live in Grand Rapids now and often drive back to Detroit.
I've seen ufo's on the 1-96 drive back three times, almost always right around the fowlerville area. Always 3 different lights in the sky moving about, definitely multiple craft, seem to align themselves and disappear.

Also seen quite a few on detroit side and recent spectacular one in grand rapids. Link below is a thread on here with the sightings I'm describing written in much more detail:
ATS report your sightings thread

Also, I would highly recommend those interested to follow up and view a map of sightings by time, place and date in your area, or any area in the US.
last 20 sightings
mufon website

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Since i can't post a new thread...i am new here....i will attach this here....

Tell me what you think about this....these are some credible people talking - can you belive this?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Is it me or has this been posted many times? This looks strangely familiar.
Oh well, maybe I'm wrong.

Used to fly out of Templehof Schöneberg. Now the archangel Michael has led them to Detroit. Either that or it's just aliens looking for herb.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

Well as you may have noticed, I'm here. Nothing quite makes me in shock and awe any more.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

wow. i never watch larry king. thanks for posting that!

CX

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Not neccessarily.

I've seen loads of strange things in my lifetime, and whether it's just thinking aloud or asking someone who is with me, i usualy end up saying something like "What the hell is that?"

Very interesting video though, thanks for posting it.

CX.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join