It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Nightvision Capture of 1 Huge Object or 3 in Formation (filmed "1-17-11) very clear

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i am going for stealth blimp.

www.thestealthblimp.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Im not debunking but here is a refueling formation of 3 jets and tanker. They possibly refuelled and what you see dropping behind them in the video and getting further behind is the tanker.

edit on 18-1-2011 by JohnieG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Nice video, but when I draw upon my many years of experience in night op's w/military aircraft , I am of the opinion that this was 3 choppers flying in loose formation for a period of time, while waiting for their buddy to catch up. Once their buddy got close, they broke formation and transitioned to a predetermined heading.

Then again, I could be wrong. I was somewhat distracted by the gentleman's reprehensible vernacular.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onet Wosix

I enjoyed reading that article, but I have one problem with it. As someone has all ready pointed it out, you can see the stars through this. I would think the blimp would block all that out. Though it would explain the lack of noise. Can't have both for this one though because it doesn't add up. Again though, thanks for sharing that link, it was a nice read.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnieG

Thanks for the picture. I have to ask though, isn't there a required speed to be maintained for something like that? These all seem to be moving way to slow for that. Then we have the fact of the navigation lights. Wouldn't all of them have to have that? You only see the lights on the one craft that is trailing behind in both the night vision and normal vision. The other three lights can only be seen in the night vision and they aren't blinking at all. I would also think this would hold true for helicopters as well. Then we can't forget the lack of sound....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

Originally posted by Onet Wosix

I enjoyed reading that article, but I have one problem with it. As someone has all ready pointed it out, you can see the stars through this. I would think the blimp would block all that out. Though it would explain the lack of noise. Can't have both for this one though because it doesn't add up. Again though, thanks for sharing that link, it was a nice read.

Thanks for the reply.
Seeing through the blimp, to see stars, may be optical active camouflage, which i believe is oldish technology

en.wikipedia.org...

maybe??? i dont know???

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Being a pilot myself, my thoughts are it's flying very low and slow at night with a standard looking belly anti-collision light which the OP says is red. So that checks. He should have heard engines and we should have heard them too on the tape. So whatever it is it's also very quiet for something obviously pretty big. Even if it was a blimp it would have engines you could hear from the distance he shot the film from. The lights also seemed to roll over rather than just turn which makes me suspect a lighter than air craft. If it's not a UFO it certainly isn't anything I've seen in my 30 years of flying experience - military included.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnieG

Yeah the problem with this theory is that they would all be showing anti-collision lights, the noise from a tanker and 3 twin engine jet fighters would be horrifc. Plus, they do practice night time refueling but unless they are on a mission they try to avoid it and if they are practicing it's usually over water or definitely far away from populated areas for obvious safety reasons. Night time refueling is very dangerous too. They seldom bunch up the aircraft in a tight formation like that. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I would like to hear more about the Michigan sighting. I live in Jackson, MI and Diamondale is not that far from me.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlteredTom
I would like to hear more about the Michigan sighting. I live in Jackson, MI and Diamondale is not that far from me.

I am hoping to hear more about that myself. Maybe we will have a new thread about it soon to look over.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

"Hey yo... Come on down here and land...... Why you always flyin?" Basic and straight to the point. Hopefully he joins ats to give us more info.
reply to post by inthemass

My thoughts exactly! I was going to comment on the same thing, but you beat me to it, hehe.

Hopefully he'll pop in and talk to us!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Looks like one of ours checking out one of their's.

Very interesting....

spec

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
is it just me or is this all happening more and more lately?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramsay1190

I think so too. It seems that there has been more sightings in these last few years or is it that we are simply paying more attention to them?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I too recall seeing this video or something very close on Youtube. Not calling anyone a liar, just saying something like this might of been filmed before.

reply to post by cluckerspud

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I see OP's video bears some resemblance to this one from Poland..What do you think?

Ufo 16.01.2011 okolice Kamiennej Góry

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Why is the News in the background a British News channel/show, if this was taken in America?

Because we get the BBC here too. I do - and so do most cable subscribers.... I have a dish and watch the BBC all the time... they also play the BBC on a lot of PBS stations... what difference does that make???

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What ever it is its very strange but a great catch thanks for the thread ..also i hope the guy that filmed this comes on and tells us more very interisting...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I am with VladMan on this one - very strange and interesting indeed.

Nice find. I know we need to look at every aspect of this video - but so far, there isn't a valid enough explination to not call this a UFO...

It could be some military test aircraft.....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Awesome! So that's what that is

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join