It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Nightvision Capture of 1 Huge Object or 3 in Formation (filmed "1-17-11) very clear

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I just ran across this and it was posted up yesterday. Seems it was taken about 3:30am in Powhatan. VA.

This is a bit of what the OP had to say about it:

This is my first UFO sighting in the 30 years of living here. I noticed 3 faint red lights in front of a blinking craft. At first I thought it was a single object until they flew overhead. You can barely see the red lights half way through the clip when I take the night vision away. Luckily I had just been out spotting deer with the night vision and camera. The red light in the middle is very dim at the start of the clip.Towards the end of the clip the middle light is much brighter.

Whatever this thing is, it seems pretty big. Nice he had night vision to get a better view of it. Thought it was worth a look from you folks.

I dont know if this was one craft or three in formation. edit to add, I like this video because it shows the contrast between the night vision and regular viewing.

"WARNING, Strong Language." I think the guy was pretty surprised to say the least!

edit on 18-1-2011 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Very interesting! Seems we had a "sighting" in Michigan yesterday by Diamondale. They were even talking about it on WMMQ this morning. Are the sightings become more frequent?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
The OP of this video also mentioned it was a quiet night so Im guessing he would have heard the engines somewhat if it had been helicopters flying in formation or whatever. Sound should have carried pretty well for a clear night.

You barely see anything without the night vision so Im guessing it isnt flares or lanterns.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Very interesting! Seems we had a "sighting" in Michigan yesterday by Diamondale. They were even talking about it on WMMQ this morning. Are the sightings become more frequent?

Was there video captured of it for it to make the news? Be nice to see if so.
I dont know if its more sightings or just people are looking up more now and have more cameras available to them to take pics or videos. even if they are cell phones.I also think it is a little easier to talk about now. It is a little more excepted.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well, seeing as the video is from VA, I believe they are military craft in formation.
I definitely think it's not one huge craft, because you can see stars in between the lights.
Seeing the one single tail light flash in sequence, gives me the impression it's military use.

Not a UFO.
In my opinion after watching 11 times.

Nice find though.
Would be freaky to see in person.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Is it me or has this been posted many times? This looks strangely familiar.
Oh well, maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm not debunking this, as it does look interesting, but could it possibly be a plane refuelling from another plane?

They're pretty close together, then move further apart suggesting the connection could of been made, then subsequently broken again once the job was done.

Just an idea

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Not sure what it could be but we do seem to have more frequency in strange sightings uploaded to youtube and talked about recently elsewhere on the net.

The flashing light is definitely following the others though for some reason and seems to get further and further behind as the video goes on so the in flight refuelling does seem a possibility. Just don't wanna try and debunk or believe because it's a video that just shows distant lights so who knows.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Well, seeing as the video is from VA, I believe they are military craft in formation.
I definitely think it's not one huge craft, because you can see stars in between the lights.
Seeing the one single tail light flash in sequence, gives me the impression it's military use.

Not a UFO.
In my opinion after watching 11 times.

Nice find though.
Would be freaky to see in person.

I can go with that but wouldnt the formation be different for that? I mean wouldnt the gas plane be out front with the other just below it? and wouldn't we see the navigation lights for all of them without the night vision? Not only that the speed doesnt seem right for that, and I also think you would hear that many different jets in the sky wouldnt you?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I have done a little looking this morning, but haven't found anything. I did send an email to the DJ asking for more detail like where, what time and such. They did say that there were at least 12 lights and no sound at all.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Interesting.

The craft with the flashing lights seems to be following the three out in front, rather than just being there by coincidence.

Could be military, but there are no navigation lights visible on the three leading.

Could be a test of a covert platform, being filmed by the following craft.

Could also be ET of course, being monitored by a military craft.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have some friends over in Powhatan. Gotta call and see if they've seen anything strange,
Right before the video ends something that looks like a missile trail is seen on the right hand side.
The lack of noise is also strange.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I wrote to the OP of the video and invited him to join us. I hope he does as he could answer a lot of our questions to help rule things out etc. Guess we shall see.

Now Im going to look for the missile trail...I didnt notice that

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yep you are right, there is something there and it looks like it is moving in the video as well. Here is a ss of it at least. Good eye.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Why is the News in the background a British News channel/show, if this was taken in America?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You know I just also noticed watching it full screen that something small is moving under them around the 2:38 mark. I didnt notice that at first either. It comes from the left and is moving right. Not sure if it is moving up or not.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Why is the News in the background a British News channel/show, if this was taken in America?

Perhaps he prefers the bbc more then cnn. I know I sure watch it a lot more then the others. If he ever comes to join us perhaps he can answer that for himself.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Never seen this one before and I like it, you can hear loads of other noises clearly so if it's a chopper (most likely first choice) then its very quiet. We get loads of choppers for RAF Northolt and I hear them LONG before I see them especially the Chinooks.

Nice vid, most likely military tho...
edit on 18-1-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
S&F. The object trailing the 3 as of yet Unidentified objects clearly shows it has FAA strobes, and I think we can all agree that is an airplane or helicopter. Dunno whatt the other 3 are. Good find. Why do rednecks always get the best footage?

Thoughts:

Phage will say they are 3 ISS satellites.

SkepticOverlord will say they are Chinese Lanterns and or Flares.

John Lear will say they are Govt Built ET craft.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Great video, Either way... Seems military becuase of the formation and slow speed. I always picture ufos traveling at high speeds, but im not an expert. Good Find.

"Hey yo... Come on down here and land...... Why you always flyin?"

Basic and straight to the point.

Hopefully he joins ats to give us more info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join