It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Troops Deploying In North Korea

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

But where did they get those helmets that look just like the ones U.S. soldiers use?

Oh, never mind. Same way/place they get all U.S. military designs ...

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

all china has is numbers usa has technology if it was me id pick tech

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It isunnecessary to worry about that, i bet China will be the last one to start a war, all they want to do is just self-protection , which is not not worth mentioning at all. I am confused why people always worry about the weaker one, but ignore the true danger, the one that is notorious for butting in everyone's affairs.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Lafaso870

Precisely, for a side stand point of view, (the so-called "Free Press" wants us to believe), is that it's simply alright for the US to patrol, gather allies and flying Spy Planes 12 miles off China. Thus giving the impression that it is inconceivable, that China which needs oil and goods thru those seas, have to be forced into a little fish tank made for them called " the first island chain". The Idea is that They may need to embargo the Chinese for some Human rights violations. (which most probably planned and executed by US and allies and press assets) Cuban style. You blame them for arming themselves as best as they could ?

That's said, personally, I have an impression that China and NK just wants to be left alone. But US and their puppet states (Japan and SK) just wouldn't allow it. They are always the initial provocateur in every events - be it political or militarily. The western free press either give a one-sided professional reporting or simply ignore contributing factors.

I'm done.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
why do people think China is a Super Power.... when the chips are down - I dont think you will
find more than 10+ million brainwashed Chinese that would die for China, Dont worry about all the fancy
paint on an American Made War Bird, Painted in red.. See, the chinese people don't want this
thing Moa Made. but are powerless to change it. death is not uncommon for disagreeing.

Now, 911 was an attempt at shaking the peoples confidence in it's government ... hum, interesting
event... to spark a fire to burn our belief's in our selves.... Throw the bums out.... elect farmer BOB.
Problem Solved... so, lets not fix it ... I wonder if the chinese have the power to change ...?

NO... So dont let America become China - Stop the Government before it adopts Chinese
know how, Oops~ To Late.. Ok... Stop them before they take away the guns.... well -
that would signal we are no longer for or by the people... hummm ... this is a script ...

I know there is at least Three Layers to this Onion. - 1999 British HK Lease ... WWII ...
Wal-Mart ... Internet Rules of China. Chinese Rhetoric of War with USA. American Rhetoric of
being China's Whore. like a 1,000 Points of Light ... yea, it sparkles alright.... sort of like a fuse
fixing to burn out.

edit on 21-1-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: added some fat to the diet

edit on 21-1-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: human in error

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Seriously are you for real. US has very little debt to china? Dude get your facts straight. Do you know what the below numbers mean? Do you know how Securities work? I hate ignorant people who try to sound smart but dont know # about what they are talking about.

And yes China is a superpower. Get out from behind the rock you have been hiding and learn the facts!

The following is a list of the Foreign Holders of U.S. Treasury Securities as listed by the U.S. Treasury:[24]
Leading Foreign Holders of US Treasury Securities (November 2010)
Nation/Territory billions of dollars (est.) percentage
People's Republic of China (mainland) 895.6 20.6
Japan 877.2 20.2
United Kingdom 511.8 11.8
Oil exporters1 210.4 4.8
Brazil 184.4 4.2
Caribbean Banking Centers2 146.3 3.8
Hong Kong (Special Administrative Region) 138.9 3.2
Canada 134.7 3.1
Republic of China (Taiwan) 131.1 3.0
Russia 122.5 2.8
Grand Total 4346.8 100

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by linuxcore

Sounding smart and not knowing what they are talking about? China holds approximately 7.5% of all the U.S. debt. That is "very little." Yes, they are now our biggest foreign debt holder, but 7.5% is not enough to exert the influence that so many web jockies think it is. The web is full of b.s. like "China now owns the U.S." The fact is, China is an investor in the U.S. dollar, and as an investor they assume certain risks. The hold absolutely zero influence over our economy. The proof of that has become apparent over the last 2 years. They stopped buying all of our long-term treasuries....no big deal. Then, they threatened to stop buying our short-term securities if we did the Quantitative Easing #1, so....we did it anyway, and we did it twice as large as planned, no big deal. Then, we did a QE#2, still no big deal. Now, they have decided to devalue our dollar by 30%, which effectively lowers our debt to them by 30%, so we win again.

They also demanded that we didn't send any naval ships to the Koreas, we did it anyway (one of Obama's finest moments), and guess what.....nothing. In fact, they are more negotiable about actions in the Koreas after seeing that we will not be intimidated.

China has very little, if any influence over the United States, but on the flipside, the Chinese economy is a direct result of consumption within the U.S. If we stop consuming their goods, their economy falls apart.

Who has the real power? Economically or Militarily we still win.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I could not have said it better myself.

If I stop eating out at the Outback Steakhouse, it is the Outback whose bottom line suffers, not mine.

Thank you for the shot of common sense!

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Your wrong there buddy! Sure China might not have influence over American economy directly but you need to understand how world economies work. The governments push it but the businesses are the once suffering from it. The game the governments play is on a high stakes table. And whoever said the world bank is in America truely needs an edumacation!
China produces an item, sell it to the US and receives dollars for it. The taxes collected and other fees in China go to the govn't. In turn china buys up securities in US debt. These securities come to a pay period end but so far we have just let it roll over why China and many other countries have such a high interest in US debt. In turn our govn't is trying to reduce that debt through different processes such as raising export fee's and import fee's and many many other ways. This causes problems for American businesses and many import / export businesses (which I might add drive a country forward) go under.

This is 1 of many ways the govn't play with debt. China has a much greater interest than you would know in America. I dont believe anyone really has any concrete numbers on how much $Dollars the we actually owe China but some are putting in the 1.5 Trillion range.

You need to understand that even though China says this and that and we respond with that and this there are much more heavy powers at work. It is almost like a game. They threaten to do A, we respond with B. This is how it has been since we started trades with other countries and same with them.

If you think it's about us standing tall and showing our fists you need to read up about world powers and economies and how it works. Sure it looks like America is showing face against other countries such as China but dont read the news, read the facts that are written in small numbers!

Simply put, if you borrow money from a bank for a mortgage, the bank expects payment every month. You loose your job and cant pay your mortgage. Standing tall you tell the bank "Hey I cant pay, F u" The bank will either get their money from you at a later stage or pressure other venues for their money such as in this case the govn't. The govn't steps in and lends the money to the bank for loss of profits. Basically the bank is China and the lender is America. If America can not pay China still receives money from selling the securities to other countries. These securities can only be traded by countries, not businesses or private persons.

The point we are reaching right now is that other countries are not purchasing american debt through china that much any more and this is worrying china. I dont think china would ever go to war with us not due to us being more powerful economy or bigger and better army but due to trade agreements through us and other countries to us.

Wake up and smell the coffee bud. We have enormous debt's to the rest of the world. Sure the rest of the world have debt's as well but our's is just on a more grander scale and can't really come back from that any more. Look at our bnp. Some economists are saying that if we hit the 120% scale over, we are doomed for good.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Any war among powerfully armed nations is probably beyond our lifetime.. mutually assured destruction is still a player... you won't find any major super power with nukes making rash moves, everyone is playing chess right now.. the goal is to become the monopoly winner... China is playing a good hand.. China does NOT want war with us, we don't want war with them... and until one of us has won to the point of making the other a third world country, you won't see wars or an invasion unless a nut job bent on world domination in his lifetime takes power..

So yeah if true, you're seeing a political chess move.. if not, then you're seeing typical ATS posts... either way I'm not that alarmed.. I think the chinese leadership are smart, and to be feared.. but to be feared in the long run.. and not in the war sense... I do think in the future we may see them as the dominating force, and really.. they are getting there now.. but they've not been flexing it that much until lately ... and only a little ..

Lets keep things in perspective.. and lets remember .. US being dominant hasn't ended the world.. someone else taking the role doesn't mean it will either.. take it one step at a time

Edit:

I want to add, if China does take over as world leader ( officially in the world's eyes ) .. I don't know how long it will last, they seem to have built their empire on shaky ground... the entire population is unstable and ripping at the seams... and they have an entire population that is dominated by western culture... it really is hard to say what could happen from that volatile mixture... in my experience, the Chinese PEOPLE love the american culture..
edit on 21-1-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
My sources find this website to be stretching the truth, to say the least. China gonna do what china gonna do. They hold all the cards.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What's wrong with Doritos, would rice be better? We, as Americans, are entertained by violence, even if fictional. We watch it in our spare time. Who's the Chinese version of Rambo? It's our culture. If China wants capitalist riches, they can have it, served us real well. "Welcome to the party pal!"- Bruce Willis Die Hard. Reason why we're in Iraq? WMD's? Come on! Always been about resources, not to mention a strategic location. If we didn't do it, someone else would have. They tried that and failed. The worst military is in "order" and with a head. Easy to decapitate. I say keep them lined up. People think Michigan would be a problem to take over. Try LA, NYC, anywhere really. The guns that are being counted as private don't even count the guns that are illegal. Immigrants would side with where they live, you can count on Mexicans. People think that Mexicans don't assimilate, do they have 24''s in Mexico? Guerilla fighting would be the only fight. We'd all dig in and they'd have to find us, bombs wouldn't work, too costly. The world knows we're a viscous manipulative empire, what makes people think the American people aren't? I know if my wifi gets cut off, I'm going to be pissed.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dveloperz
Who's the Chinese version of Rambo?

Bruce Lee.

Jet Li.

Jackie Chan.

Or pick another if you prefer.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

edit on 22-1-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by dveloperz
Who's the Chinese version of Rambo?

Bruce Lee.

Jet Li.

Jackie Chan.

Or pick another if you prefer.

True, they are action heroes but not quite the same as Rambo..

I've yet to see any of the chinese actors you mention with a machine gun or rocket launcher in their hands..
Or see them kill like Arnie does in Commando...
Now that was classic...
Standing in full view on a lawn and taking out dozens of heavily armed men..
Man, I wish I had of been on that balcony with my old .22 I had at age 12..

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Yeah, your right.
But your not taking into the understanding that an American Civilian is a weak minded, obese consumer.

Mate if some one generalised about us Aussie's like you have about Americans you'd have ya panties all up in a bunch

Bottom line- China defeats America (highly unlikely) do you think their gonna leave Australia alone ? We have so much in the way of natural resources and most of the worlds uranium,why buy it when they can take it,No US to protect us and we are toast,Our military would put up a gallant defence,but lets be honest the US coast guard could probably defeat us,Having the US as an ally keeps us safe from the like's of China and Indonesia ,any one who denies this is a trippa ,

I'll put my money on Team America thanks

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

True, they are action heroes but not quite the same as Rambo..

I've yet to see any of the chinese actors you mention with a machine gun or rocket launcher in their hands..

Point taken. I'll have to scratch my head a bit more and come up with someone.

Or see them kill like Arnie does in Commando...
Now that was classic...
Standing in full view on a lawn and taking out dozens of heavily armed men..
Man, I wish I had of been on that balcony with my old .22 I had at age 12..

Nothing says "love" like Arnie flinging a circular saw blade like a shuriken!

edit on 2011/1/22 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
USA will think twice before making any further move

Is that a sign of the waking up of the beast
all those us carriers now have no choice but to back up ..
we dont want to piss off China...

They are in the present time THE superpower
not to underestimate
by doing this .. they have given full support to NK
will Kim jung ill make a move since he his now fully protected..

www.pakalertpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Article:

China has had no military presence in the rogue country since 1994 after it quit the Military Armistice Commission that supervises the Armistice that suspended the Korean war.

Since that time, Pyonyang has stridently announced that it will no longer abide by the agreement. During 2010 the North Korean government officially declared that it is once again in a state of war with South Korea and the U.S.

edit on 1/18/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jan 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

you are stupid sir. The US isn't backing up #. China is going in to try and reason with them since they are allies. But if you read any wikileaks China "thinks that the penninsula should be unified under the South's Control" and not to mention Obama is hosting President Hu at the state dinner tonight (just think about it sometimes)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Have any of you tought about that china needs usa and usa needs china. Usa needs china to lend money and china needs usa to buy their merchandises. So a war between them would make both sides without any fundings for war basically. a war would be completley stupip,and they both know this. and therfor a war between these two parts is unlikley

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join