It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Troops Deploying In North Korea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by aching_knuckles
Jesus, havent you had enough of getting our asses kicked in Iraq and Afghanistan that you want to start with China and Korea now?

Great.

Assume much?
Who's advocating war here?
I'm just answering the mans questions and posting some facts.

Get over yourself.

So what else happens when you dont pay back your debts?

Your position seems to be "Come and take it!", count the number of times in this thread there are people talking about taking up arms agains tthe chinese, or about the superiority of the american soldier...are you saying that isnt muscle flexing?

Get over yourself.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The Iraqi army was very disciplined and impressive until bombs started dropping, and then they started trying to surrender to passing airplanes!

Yup those Iraqis sure rolled over quick....in and out, those were the gulf wars huh?

I mean they hardly fought back at all, its only 7 years later!
edit on 18-1-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

Um when was the last time you saw an Iraqi solder fighting US solders. It's a trick question so I will answer it for you, about two months after the war started. What your seeing now is groups of resistance kind of the like the Red Dawn movie I posted earlier. We currently occupy and control the entire country except for a few small outbursts of resistance, how is this not a victory? I mean yea we could have just left but then what would all the fighting been for? To leave the area even more unstable?

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

Right...that chart still shows taht China is the largest overseas holder of our debt, not sure what you are trying to show me.

If they want to get paid they'll have to get inline behind Joe Sixpack US tax payer.

Jesus, havent you had enough of getting our asses kicked in Iraq and Afghanistan that you want to start with China and Korea now?

Great.

I guess many are still thinking that the US army is invincible

thats the biggest US weak spot .. they underestimate everyone else
even the Aliens lol

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nepafogo

Yep, the old fat, lazy and tired argument. I don't buy into, don't see it and would not bet on it.

When backed into a corner, the american fighting man is a force to be feared.

link   

That is if the American population could pull themselves from their Doritos and American Idol episodes. They would not be shooting at still targets on the shooting range. I think we over estimate the capabilities of todays generation of arm chair soldiers. I suspect most would run and hide if ever confronted with a mass occupation.

See this is exactly WHY the Americans would fight!

For the Chinese to invade, they would first have to cut off our endless supply of Dollar Store goodies, cheap electronics, and plasticized food products!

This would send a shockwave through the population and we would be united in the common goal of getting our cheap, non-nutritional, disposable stuff back!

The first Chinese soldier to show up would get turned upside down and shaken until a dam I-pod fell out of his arse!

link   

Originally posted by nepafogo
That is if the American population could pull themselves from their Doritos and American Idol episodes. They would not be shooting at still targets on the shooting range. I think we over estimate the capabilities of todays generation of arm chair soldiers. I suspect most would run and hide if ever confronted with a mass occupation.

Actually keep believing that. Please. I actually appreciate and like the idea of spreading that kind of information and perception about the US.

That works in our favor if this hypothetical scenario ever came to pass.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This is what you get when you dont do it right the first time.

link   

reply to post by aching_knuckles

I think you support my point?

Yes, those Iraqis did roll over quick! They literally tried to surrender to passing airplanes. The military and standing government toppled in under 2 weeks......twice!

Now, 7 years later, we are still fighting against the general population and having a tough time controlling them. So, to compare apples to apples, how do you think the Chinese would fare in the US? We have 100x more guns, our population is larger, more trained, and just generally more ornery. Our military and government would not roll over in a matter of weeks.

So, if the massive US military machine is having trouble with a sparsely armed Iraqi population, how well could an inferior military do against a much larger and more resistant US population?

First off, the Iraqi strategy was almost certainly to be overrun and fight a guerilla war, which they did successfully.

As for America, you are right. There are a lot of rabid gun owners (as this thread can prove!) that will defend mainland.
Of course, it would never happen here. It would happen in a proxy land like Korea, or if things REALLY got grave, MAYBE a nuking and invasion in Alaska, as a show of force or hostage taking.

But honestly, I think China is more interested in beating us economically to show that their Commie/Capitalist economic system is "superior", they dont have to fight us.

link   
reply to post by Ben81

It is not by any means that we think we are invincible. Trust me, vets and current mil all know that we have limits, bleed and take injuries like everyone else.
We just know how to push through it, fix it and fight through it better then any other.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
I guess many are still thinking that the US army is invincible

thats the biggest US weak spot .. they underestimate everyone else
even the Aliens lol

Another assumption on your part.

Who is saying that we think we are invincible?
I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that an invasion of the US by China wouldn't be a cakewalk like you and many here are implying.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by Ben81

Ok.. So you are assuming they would attempt to parachute in?? LMFAO... ROFLMFAO....

Have you ever been to America? My little town would be putting up more surface to air fire than the entire country or Iraq... You think that the Chinese could drop 100k troops in the US?? Ben..... Ben..... I will wager this bet... If the Chinese were to drop in 1 million troops on a Friday, without tanks and artillery support... They would have to collect 1 million bodies on Monday.. Period!

Now, if the US military came to help the people.. We could expedite the needed corpse collection to Saturday.

if somebody wanted to invade the US ...

First .... blind the radars and sats .. (China know the how to)
Second ... during the blindness .. launch a massive surprise organised invasion on all front

i guess parachutes will be included .. mostly by stealth boats

China can also activate many spies that could help the invasion from inside

if this invasion is carefully and inteligently planned .. it can work

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Maybe you have different friends and acquaintances than I do... I can tell you this... We are not a bunch or arm chair soldiers.. We are fathers and brothers, that would die to protect our own.... And our women can shoot guns.. Michigan would NOT be a good place for them to land..

There is a difference between a man coming to invade and a man protecting his family and friends....

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nepafogo

Actually keep believing that. Please. I actually appreciate and like the idea of spreading that kind of information and perception about the US.

That works in our favor if this hypothetical scenario ever came to pass.

Yea you see if americans got to set down their Doritos and get up from in front of the TV......you will get served for the inconvenience.....and we just love chines food anyway.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptSplatter

Um when was the last time you saw an Iraqi solder fighting US solders. It's a trick question so I will answer it for you, about two months after the war started. What your seeing now is groups of resistance kind of the like the Red Dawn movie I posted earlier. We currently occupy and control the entire country except for a few small outbursts of resistance, how is this not a victory? I mean yea we could have just left but then what would all the fighting been for? To leave the area even more unstable?

So you are saying that these rebels have never even talked to an Iraqi soldier? The Iraqi soldiers "gave up" so they would be released back into society to help the new guerilla army. Hell, even in Red Dawn, those kids had that shot down pilot helping them.

As far as victory in Iraq, you have to define victory. Why did we go to war? To find WMDs? Then we lost. To topple Saddam, and stay in Iraq for 100 years? Well, then I guess we won, if you consider winning having to fight against the local population for 100 years.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

First off, the Iraqi strategy was almost certainly to be overrun and fight a guerilla war, which they did successfully.

They surely knew they had no chance of winning a head to head battle, but to be overrun, have your military disassembled and destroyed and your leader executed, and a new government put into place by the invading force is not much of a strategy? It sounds a lot like just giving up?

At least we both agree that an invasion of the US or of China for that matter is never going to happen. The US, China, and Russia are untouchable. Nobody will ever invade those countries in modern times. Those three entities are indeed invincible in their own land.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

They surely knew they had no chance of winning a head to head battle, but to be overrun, have your military disassembled and destroyed and your leader executed, and a new government put into place by the invading force is not much of a strategy? It sounds a lot like just giving up?

Well obviously they were hiding Saddam, so they werent expecting to lose their leader. But they certainly knew they had no head to head chance, so they gave up, accepted american weapons and training for "security forces" and then used their knowledge to help the resistance fighters. Its not really giving up, so much as realizing you are gonna get stomped to open the game, so you make second half adjustments and come out and take them by surprise.

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer,you are right,if the U.S. were to be invaded
it would not be easy to take us down.There are a lot
of citizens who are armed to the teeth.Many have had
military training and have seen combat.
Even I know how to shoot and I consider myself a decent
shot.I can help defend the home front and the other women
and children.

link   
reply to post by Ben81

Not a chance Ben...If you use the polls and consider them accurate .. Over 102 million Americans own guns.. How many do you think have 2 or 3 or 4? Lets say only 50% are willing to fight?? Ok lets say 25% That is still 25 million people defending their families and friends....This is just citizens... This doesn't include Nat. Guard or police, coastguard, border patrol and countless defense companies with corporate offices in the US....

China invading the US mainland is a pipe dream!

I would have to say you fell off the reality truck if you think that ANY country on this planet could invade the US mainland.. Re-damn-diculous!

link   
This is all just a "what if" scenario as it stands now and I'm not here to say one nation is stronger than the other. All I am sure of is anyone on here no matter what country they live in would defend their home and loved ones against any threat. With that being said I really only have one point.

Invading a nation where firearm ownership is so wide spread is a very very tough job. Any military strategist worth a # would take this one fact alone under very serious consideration. To not see this as a serious and deadly obstacle to concurring a nation would be idiotic. Being that China is a smart nation like most of in here agree I'm sure this is in the top 3 reasons to stay in Asia.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Hi again to all...

China is not the superpower just like America was NOT the superpower going into WW II. We became the superpower due to war production. And just like we were then, china is now.

The Chinese may not have all the superweapons, drones, AirCraftCarriers or even fighter jets, but they have all the factories in place, with power/water and secluded in the countryside that all our drones in the entire US Military fleet can not find or destroy them...

So...a superpower is not needed to win the war, only the ability to produce weapons...and I am certain, when the Chinese decide to make those weapons, there will be no stopping them.

Word is that S. Africa has the raw materials they need, hence the 5 nations blitz going on now as linked from Rense or WRH...I forgot which but current as of today...

I don't expect a war but I do suspect strongly that China is merely showing up to the border with NK to keep the NKs from migrating into China...that is all!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join