It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Troops Deploying In North Korea

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
NK and china would not have a home to go back too. if it came to war.

lol, all their guys would be in 5miles of water on basicly waterbeds.

100million man invasion force, would kinda be noticed.

back ot,

if china sent troops, it is because they are watching NK, not backing them.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
WHY are you Americans so addicted to war ?

you people are talking here at this forum if the you are in your rights to deal with other countries polycies

It seems to me that you guys do actually want a war

the only country that wants to invade the USA is ...the USA itself
the rest of the world is currently getting enough of your meddlesomeness

your will finally blow up your own country (economics)
It allready started that countries are leaving trading in the dollar

how much debt do you have ???????
who wants to re-finance that??

don't get me wrong I'm not against the USA, it a beautiful country with nice people
only your meddlesomeness.....

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

From who, WHO is taking your freedoms?

Please elaborate...is it the reds again? No... is it Islam? no. Is it YOUR OWN GOVERNMENT and its Insideous dealings with the massive corporate machine? I think thats where you need to start looking...inside the U.S borders.

The right to bear arms doesn't give you the right to invade sovreign countries....it only gives you the right to protect your land, and from where I'm looking nobody is setting foot on it.

The next big war, real war won't be fought using the shotgun you bought from walmart.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I make video games for a living, mostly First Person shooter may I add, they are not training in ANY way for live combat, they only give you a couple of things, reflexes and perhaps an extra awareness of your surroundings - check those corners....
If you think that they give you anything else you are gravely mistaken.
While I dissagree with most military action, I have the upmost respect for anyone in the army etc. Hell, I was on a mocap shoot with some ex-SAS and what they tell you about war and operations is very different from militainment.

You would never really melee someone with your weapon for example, a common tactic is to kick your enemy just above the bladder; most soldiers bladders would be fairly full when in an intense combat situation, kicking them hard will most likley rupture the blader resulting in alot of pain....very nasty...plus you don't run faster while holding a knife...

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

An untrained army is no threat

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikke24
WHY are you Americans so addicted to war ?

you people are talking here at this forum if the you are in your rights to deal with other countries polycies

It seems to me that you guys do actually want a war

the only country that wants to invade the USA is ...the USA itself
the rest of the world is currently getting enough of your meddlesomeness

your will finally blow up your own country (economics)
It allready started that countries are leaving trading in the dollar

how much debt do you have ???????
who wants to re-finance that??

don't get me wrong I'm not against the USA, it a beautiful country with nice people
only your meddlesomeness.....

because it's the only way most people take notice.

get off your ass and have that failing gov of yours frikin do something about the #hole world we live in.

please, don't say we are the only cause of the worlds woes.

ya'll are to blame too. or ya'll too lame.
hey that rhymes!

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I believe that the longer China can wait the more tech they acquire. I believe they are a long way from the US in terms of technology but they are catching fast. The US knows this and would love to disable their ability to catch up. However they also know that they are a sleeping dragon and will wake one day very angry. So there's a dilemma when is a good time to strike to disable China? Do they let them catch up? China is growing quickly. I do however agree that the US has far superior tech than we even know about and that neither side really wants to invade the other. The world is trying to ween itself off the imperial US dollar that feeds the war machine. It would be nice as a civilisation the major portion of tax dollars from each nation went to science and of ways to further our existence instead of weapons manufacturing. Such a shame.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The way people talk here is like their mouth is watering from war discussions, especially for some fantasy war showdown between US and China.

I'm a Chinese heritage born American and proud of it. I don't believe war is an answer anything but to stop oppression and cut off the greedy so the poor and starving will have a chance to survive.

So many people here are saying that they will be damned if any country attempted a physical takeover of America. Why is it that Americans are so eager to fight in a war-like situation but are so docile when it comes to actual politics, financial greed, and stripping away of our freedoms?

In the end, is it just that Americans want to have a physical battle just to say we will go down in flames but we did it defending what we believed in? Reason why founding fathers did what they did was to prevent any further war and suffering. But we still F'd it all up.

Congrats guys.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Go fight ur heart out for freedom or whatever floats your boat if you are inclined to..

I'll be the guy appreciating your girlfriend or wife while you are sleeping in mud ducking bullets :-)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thats all very well indeed......

But.......

If we look at more recent conflicts, like now.... all the tech and all the might of the mighty US army haven't managed to win a war against people wearing sandals who live in caves in the mountains of a far off land....

In fact those same sandal wearing dudes saw off the might of the iron fist of USSR..... Not bad eh...... for people wearing sandals.....

If there is a war / conflict....... there will not be a " winner " ..... there never EVER is ..... lives are ended and familys devistated .......

"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes."

U.S. Marine Major General Smedley Darlington Butler

It doesn't matter who has the best tech or the most aircraft carriers ..... or the bravest people .......or the most expensive missiles ........

Cause when it comes down to the nitty gritty......

We're all losers.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I think what people are meaning is that given the scenario "IF" we had a a war and "IF" China was to invade as preposterous as it is, rather then so much a blood thirst hungry for war in our Alpha Male bravado. ATS is full of chest pounding and flexing "My country is better than your Country" and the occasional 'We hate you America" lynch mob's among these discussions. Nobody wants a war here in the States besides weapons manufacturers and contractors & Big Oil, at the end of the day people want to go about living their lives with no worries as long as it is manageable and heaven forbid they sacrifice a drop of blood for their liberty and freedom. I can go on about how China has changed America not for the better. Outsourcing jobs, products to China, China buying out companies i worked for. Replacing American steel with tempered foil and cheap junk iron parts, in our Agriculture equipment "John Deere" and GM. People do not realize China does not need an Armada to have it's way with America it owns and uses our Corporations to do thy bidding.

That War was lost

edit on 19-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
reply to post by Ben81

So guerrilla groups are no threat?
Untrained as in Bubba and his hunting buddies with their shotguns?
Untrained as in a Military Vet, training his family and friends on aspects of how to defend yourself?
Or is it because I don't march anymore?

The greatest flaw in any combat situation is to underestimate your enemy.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Ha ha Americans are nutsos

so many things to write in reply, but ill try to limit it to not confuse anyone

1)A lot of topics on ATS are regarding how USA is a country where no one has rights anymore, now these people want to fight the chinese back to protect freedom and the great USA, which is it? by-polar citizens. Must be the fluroide right?

2) Why is a topic on China moving troops in a alliance country have to do with China invading America? where is that link made? this is a hijacked thread, useless.. by the way, America has troops in a lot of Allied Countries, so can China

3) Why would China invade America, what is there to gain? there are no resources there.. would be impossible and useless to control.. I dont understand how people can say that China wouldnt invade, due to them supposedly getting nuked, but it really shows the how dumb some people are on this site when posts dont ask WHY WOULD CHINA INVADE instead of WHY THEY WONT INVADE. maybe they want a failing car industry and ghetto detroit yeah?

4) Everyone assumes that Americans with guns will fight the chinese back, by my experience a lot of the American Citizens would rather use their guns on their own people, their may be a lot that want to use them against your rulling elite, or will be more concerened about looting the shops rather then joining arms against the Chinese. One poster mentioned all the gangs that they have to get through, are these the same gangs that rob you? and rape your women? are you hoping they are going to be saving you from the Chinese? nice work lads....

5) I love how this topic has brought out all the gangsters, i didnt know there were so many bloods and crypts that use ATS.. Me and my boys and gangs from CHI-Town are gonna get you mofo's yeah, when i went through CHI-TOWN it smelt like gun fire, i was packing and we were on the street corner waiting for some chinese, playing dice, selling drugs and on my macbook seeing what the aliens were doing throught AtS...

LAME...
edit on 19-1-2011 by Vaski because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2011 by Vaski because: poor spelling and grammar

edit on 19-1-2011 by Vaski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusPrimate

God. Is that what you think those games taught me? Seriously?

There's a line between common sense and fiction and you just assumed I am on the wrong line.

My good sir, if you think I think that running with a knife is faster or that I would even attempt any form of melee combat in an military operation, you are woefully wrong. What the hell do I look like? CS for kids?

Do try to take a more serious view on the matter. What you listed are some of the most common assumptions of video games. And whatever video games you're working on, they're not the ones I consider tools that would make me good at fighting. Now maybe you think I'm talking about those games, but I play mods with realism as an assurance. Games where one shot = out for a round. I'm not talking about the fictitious "oh, I have a health bar, I can run into the enemy and take 15 rounds" BS. I'm talking about the "a shot is a kill" type.

Now, don't go assuming such sillinesses.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
My quick analysis:

1. The Chinese troops in NK could be there for at least two reasons: 1) They are there to keep the NK government in check, not necessarily there to help them, although this is what they most likely told NK. The troops are there to make sure that NK doesn't take any provocative action while the Chinese President is conducting sensitive talks with the US; 2) They are there to show the US that they still support the NK regime, and for us to be careful. Either or both could be reasons for their military presence. And really, in this chess game, China benefits both ways.

2. What better time to flex military muscle than during negotiations and trade talks? I would expect the US to be conducting an exercise somewhere, or a carrier group to be nearby. Modern warfare takes place on many fronts, some more secretive than others. This is the military front. Economy is another front (China deflating its currencty to make it difficult for US businesses). Weather is probably the most secretive front, as average people are not aware that the weird weather we are experiencing is most likely caused by another nation (could be China). Defense Secretary Cohen is on the record concerning the reality of weather manipulation (in the late 90s) and how it would lead to weather conflict in the future (now). I just heard a report on Good Morning America about a sandstorm in Oregon; really!? Sure enough, people were shoveling drifts of sand from their homes and driveways. And, of course, there is crazy weather everywhere.

3. Be on the look-out for another Norway Spiral event, or mysterious missile launch or major sighting of a UFO. These things tend to happen when dignitaries from superpowers visit other regions.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
The way people talk here is like their mouth is watering from war discussions, especially for some fantasy war showdown between US and China.

What fantasy? All the weapons needed are here, it is only 61 years ago China and the US were in physical conflict. I for one am alarmed because it appears another step has been taken towards war which could escalate in a world war. Going back further in humanities history, there seem to be only a few periods of relative quietness or peace in between wars. As populations grow, idealogies will conflict, ways of life will conflict the only way to change is to take the other out, that is how mankind has solved most of it's problems.

I'm a Chinese heritage born American and proud of it. I don't believe war is an answer anything but to stop oppression and cut off the greedy so the poor and starving will have a chance to survive.

So many people here are saying that they will be damned if any country attempted a physical takeover of America. Why is it that Americans are so eager to fight in a war-like situation but are so docile when it comes to actual politics, financial greed, and stripping away of our freedoms?

Americans don't take over other countries, they just occupy them and force them to change and when the change is complete they leave. If I lived in a house and could hear my neighbour abusing his wife and children every night, I would want to do something about it. Not only because I couldn't stand hearing this suffering but because the wife and children are obviously not strong enough to defend themselves. And ofcourse what would happen to the children when they grow up, will they become abusers themselves, would they abuse me when I would happen to walk by one day?

In the end, is it just that Americans want to have a physical battle just to say we will go down in flames but we did it defending what we believed in? Reason why founding fathers did what they did was to prevent any further war and suffering. But we still F'd it all up.

Congrats guys.

I'm not American but I guess given the choice I would do the same as they do. Oh wait there is no choice, there are no unclaimed lands which I could claim as my own and settle down to live my life in peace, be as far away as possible from those in conflict, we're all on this planet with no way of getting to another planet. At least that is something America understands, not many countries who spend time and resources on developing space travel which our children will need some day in order for humanity to ensure it's existence.
edit on 19/1/2011 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981

Originally posted by macman
I, an american and military veteran will fight and defend my home and my family to my last breath. I will fight smartly, aim small and miss nothing. I will teach my family and friends how to survive, fight, shoot and live. I have the means to defend my position and attack my enemy. I have the training to hit what I shoot and fight who stands in my way. I have the knowledge to train my children and neighbor in the use of firearms. I have the supply to arm all those that will fight alongside me.

That is why a physical invasion of any foreign force will fail.

loool... so sad. It's cool to invade other countries but if someone kill your own family you become vigilante? Is it this vigilante what you call "terrorists" in mid east shooting you for killing their families? Get some perspective. sad sad individual...

btw dont know if anyone said it but

NO DEPLOYMENT.

www.deccanherald.com...

Funny thing when in page 6 or something i told you there is NO army deployment and ppl keep writing about it.... so lemme say it again cause in ATS people like to just answer without reading

THERE IS NO CHINESE ARMY DEPLOYMENT IN NORTH KOREA

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
reply to post by Ben81

I wholeheartedly agree. In fact, there is a quote/saying from Ancient Rome...I am paraphrasing here.."An untrained army is no more an army than a pile of building materials is a house...."

Something like that anyway

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
USA will think twice before making any further move

Is that a sign of the waking up of the beast
all those us carriers now have no choice but to back up ..
we dont want to piss off China...

They are in the present time THE superpower
not to underestimate
by doing this .. they have given full support to NK
will Kim jung ill make a move since he his now fully protected..

www.pakalertpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Article:

China has had no military presence in the rogue country since 1994 after it quit the Military Armistice Commission that supervises the Armistice that suspended the Korean war.

Since that time, Pyonyang has stridently announced that it will no longer abide by the agreement. During 2010 the North Korean government officially declared that it is once again in a state of war with South Korea and the U.S.

edit on 1/18/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jan 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Although China is a superpower, the realization that they are a threat is false, Around 75% of the country's poeple do not have a clue what is going on in world affairs. One needs to realize that these rural people are living their lives on their own terms. China has its first Aircraft carrier coming into play. They are no threat when it comes to military. I can guarantee you, if it looked like America was going to loose a War on an epic scale, you would see technology like you've never seen before come into play and end it abruptly. Another reason China is no threat, is their need to be a "part of the world trade and economy". They have great plans and aspiration for their future. If they want to deploy troops to North Korea, let them. Its really not America's concern, or any other nation.

Also, your thread is a little late from your source ....

www.dallasblog.com...
edit on 19-1-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Ben81

China is definitely not "THE" superpower. Their cutting edge weapons being unveiled have finally caught up with our 20 year old common technology, and despite popular opinion we don't owe them a very large percentage of our national debt. We owe the vast majority of it to ourselves, and after that Japan ranks #1. On top of all that, North Korea already had the largest standing army in the world, so a few more Chinese infantrymen really makes no difference, and our Carrier groups do not care how many men are on the ground, because they are 100 miles offshore lobbing million dollar weapons at their targets.

If the article is true, it is concerning that China has chosen this approach instead of reigning in the NK government, but most diplomatic news is saying the opposite. It is more likely that any Chinese troops in NK would be there to watch the NK government and assist the US in keeping a lid on things in the region.

It depend on how you see someone fit the superpower word ..

China his the Top1 ranked army in the world dont forget that..
they have Nukes and many other big arsenal at their disposition
sorry but the USA will be no match vs China even vs NK alone the us would have trouble

Irak and Afghanistan ...2 decades wars that are still flaming ... the USA army cannot afford another war
and they know it ... thats why the next wars will be so destructive and will piss off many people since only missiles and big nukes will be used ...no troops lost this time

Nagasaki and Hiroshima happen why no one banned the us to have nukes EVER .. now they have around 6000 thousand .. ready to blow earth if they loose

but can we agree that the US is searching trouble ... so arrogant for nothing .. only the worst can happen now

Sheer numbers do not win a war. Nukes are irrelevant. We could wipe them out without nukes or even setting a foot on their land. Do not under estimate what America has in its arsenal. China, also does not want a war against superpowers. One only needs to take a look at what China wants for their future in world affairs. They want to be a part of the world. They want fair free trade and economic growth. They want to change the way people look at their government. They want to embrace new technologies/ They have started letting in people to study their history. The want business development with all trading nations. Let be realistic about china please. They are not bad people ...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join