It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Troops Deploying In North Korea

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Your right about both points. Which is why in my post I implied a scenario where they were not considered viable. I wouldn't use them personally. Better to starve a population into submission. Also in regards to the Native Americans. I firmly believe if they had, had compound bows and arrows to match. They would have come out on top.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'd like to mention have you seen the pollution china puts out? They are basically poisoning themselves!!

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

However, that was because they were dis unified. And they never really did fully unify to fight us. They tried, and the closer they got to total unity the closer they got to defeating us. But never did they.

Do not confuse that. let them be a reminder to keep united.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I love how many people think they know what really goes on in china. I don't know and I doubt any here know what they are capable of it is all speculation china is a very secretive country. I do lean more to the side that the west would lose in a conflict with the east. I don't it would only be china and north korea I think russia would side with china as well as some small rouge nations in the middle east. Or these idiots on both side will blow up half the planet to prove their point.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethingreally
I'd like to mention have you seen the pollution china puts out? They are basically poisoning themselves!!

Yeah, mostly done with backing from US companies..
It's a crime IMO...

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethingreally

Its very similar to the levels of pollution in the Soviet Union. In either case, the State only cared about progress. The environment was expendable.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
IF and i do mean IF China is sending troops back to NK its not to support NK. More than likely any Chinese troops returning to NK is for the Military Armistice Commission that China withdrew from a few years ago. Military Armistice Commission was established to peacefully settle any disputes between SK and NK.

Now for the matter of these Chinese super weapons that can sink a U.S. Carrier. while i have no doubt they exist i do have to wonder how accurate they would be for 1 since they haven't been tested against a real carrier. and 2 the U.S. Carriers would just stay out of these weapons effective range anyway.

And as for China invading the U.S. Mainland. how exactly would china do that? to invade a country you have to actually get your troops to the country you intend to invade, you will also have to provide them with air cover. China doesn't have any aircraft carriers of their own to do this, and their ground based fighters don't have the range to reach the U.S. mainland either. If they sent the troops by ship China knows we'd sink their ships long before they were even a threat to the U.S. Mainland.

The U.S. would be in better position to invade the Chinese mainland than China invading the U.S. Also China IS NOT A SUPER POWER by any definition. They are a REGIONAL power there is a big difference.

China also knows that a war with the U.S. would be economic Suicide for China. China needs trade with the U.S. far more than the U.S needs trade with China! We in the U.S. can live without that cheap plastic crap China produces. However China can't live without all that U.S. money that flows into their economy!

As for China's Nukes. yes they have them. So does the U.S. the U.S. has a lot more of them than China does. China knows it would be suicide for them to even consider using nukes against the U.S. Yeah they would do a lot of Damage to the U.S. But the U.S. would completely wipe China of the map with Nukes.

Now a lot of people seems to forget their history. China NK and The U.S. did once tangle back in the 50's in Korea and if i remember correctly wasn't it the U.S.and her allies that pushed the Chinese back through NK and back to their own country. and that was when both China and Nk had the most advanced Soviet equipment of the time. Now what exactly makes all of you that have forgotten history think that this go around would be different?

Lets be honest since WW2 this world hasn't seen the full destructive power of the U.S. Military! We have fought every war since WW2 with our hands tied behind our back because a few elected officials couldn't stomach the death and destruction that comes from a war where the U.S. military isn't restrained. People also forget that the Current U.S. Military is all volunteer! if a real war broke out you better believe that, that all volunteer military would very quickly become filled with non volunteer personal. Yeah the Government would start drafting people into military service to bolster our numbers to take on China if we had to.

Bottom line:

War is hell and there won't be a direct war between the U.S. and China! China is getting tired of NK and is realizing that a unified Korea under a SK style government is actually better in the long run for China than the current divided Korea.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amdusias
In the case China did intend upon invading the US. They would firstly seek to neutralize/disable the US Army/Navy/Air Force combative capabilities. If they succeeded to do this, before deciding to form any sort of land based invasion force.

Good point's, but in today's age you have to remember between taking out our Naval and Air power and invading there is a gamble that nukes would be used along with our star wars capabilities before a ground invasion ensued. Your scenario works pre-nuclear age and would probably be used on a lesser non nuclear power today. But you have to take in to account our Nukes are a kind if wild card. Not to mention classified black budget applications we posses. We have an edge in many areas that could significantly reduce Chinese nuclear strikes, heck who knows. The technology is there. It is not a risk China or anyone would take in their right mind.

Originally posted by Amdusias

Your right about both points. Which is why in my post I implied a scenario where they were not considered viable. I wouldn't use them personally. Better to starve a population into submission. Also in regards to the Native Americans. I firmly believe if they had, had compound bows and arrows to match. They would have come out on top.

Ditto

minus small pox, then again the Europeans would just keep coming to no end.We could all be speaking french, Spanish or even German if the English colonialists were to be defeated.
edit on 18-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Dear China: Good luck with a U.S. invasion. You will need it to get past the west coast alone. You will have fun with gangs that have been fighting urban warfare for over 30 years. If you manage to get past the military, national guard, police, gangs, and regular gun toting citizens, you will have to make your way through some rough terrain including mountains and desert. Along the way, you will run into many rednecks that shoot and blow stuff up for fun. If you happen to make it past them, what soldiers that are still alive will meet our many wonderful gangs that are operating along the west side of the Mississippi river, and the regular gun toting citizens, police, and so
forth. If you happen to make it past them, then what little amount of soldiers are left will have to cross the river into more of our fine citizens. Hopefully you decide to come north towards Chicago, so that I get a piece of the action, along with more of our wonderful gangs, police, reg citizens, etc. If you decide to go south, well, you will get to meet some more of our rednecks that love guns and explosives. Now if you managed to make it past the midwest, welcome to the home of U.S. organized crime syndicates, along with smaller gangs, armed citizens, police, etc... I pity any army that tries to occupy U.S. soil, there is a reason its never been done before. Oh, and by the way, there is also a reason why we buy resources from the rest of the world, and its not because we do not have any of our own lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I purposely didn't account for the use of Nukes. Personally because I believe their use would be avoided and only really applied as a last resort or pre-emptive strikes.. An also why I specifically used "IF", because ideally I doubt either country would successfully neutralize/disable one anothers combative arms. Also I must state a lot of people are quite heavily underestimating the Chinese. Just because their budget is said to be smaller than the US's. Does not mean they are not making the same advances.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

they only hold 7.5% of our debt.

People do not understand how this works. China is the 3rd largest holder of our debt. While the number seems small it is much more significant then most realize. They have been quietly unloading our debt and dollars as fast as they can along with other countries. Us buying our own debt doesn't really count all that does is further undermine confidence in the dollar and increases inflation. No one will buy our debt anymore so the Federal Reserve is buying it which technically is not us but a semi private banking cartel in bed with our government.

The only reason China doesn't dump us completely is because they are trying to minimize their losses in their investment in our debt, and we are their biggest foreign market for goods and services supporting their economy. That is why there will be no war with China right now. However when they feel they can get by without us anymore or the dollar crashes all bets are off. They could crash our dollar anytime they want by unloading our bonds and starting a run. They don't for the reasons I mentioned above.

Also as others mentioned they are not a match for our military yet but they are definitely working on it. This move just may be positioning for when our dollar crashes and to keep a tighter leash on NK so they do not go off half cocked.

edit on 19-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Are you kidding me no where did you mention the greeks defeating the persians so why did you pull that one buddy? A few pages back? perhaps you should read what you posted over because your not making any sense. And all canadians nag on the french and they only represent Quebec. You brag and brag about your military but your record is not very impressive. The attitude and arrogance that some americans have is incredible. It's people like you that make america the most hated country on earth

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Low-tech bombs are the most dangerous threat to superior forces.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimistPrime
Dear China: Good luck with a U.S. invasion. You will need it to get past the west coast alone. You will have fun w Hopefully you decide to come north towards Chicago, so that I get a piece of the action, along with more of our wonderful gangs, police, reg citizens, etc.

I was saying this earlier haha

The Chinese would never take Chi-town. Heck there are some parts of the south side police wont go. I remember old Cabrini Green smelled like gunsmoke when i would drive by during my commute to work. If they "Chinese Army" make way to the Barrio in LA or the PJ's they will be up to their heads in resistance. Texas would prove very difficult to take under a ground campaign given it is Country within a country, those Cowboys and Militias might be a problem too. There are people of all walks of life here with things in common when it comes to guns. It's why even a much wanted police state by our handlers will never suffice. If they will never be able to take our guns away and control us completely then the Chinese or any invading Army would end up pulling out and have to give up. No America is no Disneyland.
edit on 19-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
i dont think this means really anything actually

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Losing their investment in treasuries as well as export surplus of more than 200 billion dollars with U.S. alone annually is pretty stupid, even for the Chinese. Their economy would collapse. Millions of Chinese would lose their jobs, wonder what happens next in China after that.
edit on 19-1-2011 by deltaboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by Resurrectio
reply to post by Ben81

Ok.. So you are assuming they would attempt to parachute in?? LMFAO... ROFLMFAO....

Have you ever been to America? My little town would be putting up more surface to air fire than the entire country or Iraq... You think that the Chinese could drop 100k troops in the US?? Ben..... Ben..... I will wager this bet... If the Chinese were to drop in 1 million troops on a Friday, without tanks and artillery support... They would have to collect 1 million bodies on Monday.. Period!

Now, if the US military came to help the people.. We could expedite the needed corpse collection to Saturday.

if somebody wanted to invade the US ...

First .... blind the radars and sats .. (China know the how to)
Second ... during the blindness .. launch a massive surprise organised invasion on all front

i guess parachutes will be included .. mostly by stealth boats

China can also activate many spies that could help the invasion from inside

if this invasion is carefully and inteligently planned .. it can work

I've watched with interest in what you have brought up, and many others like you. Your ideas of how the Chinese would invade the US in this hypothetical scenario are laughable. Chinese will block the radars because they know how to and then launch their attack force....? Really? That simple is it? This isn't Call of Duty. The Chinese military would have to start moving troops days or even WEEKS in advance and I am very sure that kind of troop movement will be picked up by many different methods - foreign intelligence, increase in chatter, satellite imagery, spies, people like us posting on websites etc etc.... That gives ample time for counter-measures by America, and her allies, in preparation for any military strike. Oh sorry, you said radars would be knocked out? Well, here we have a problem...if they knocked out the radars, THEN moved the troops....see where I am going with this?

If the Chinese sent a million troops without artillery, tank and air support, not to mention good solid intel, they would be wiped out in no time. So I put it to you again...how can the Chinese make something so large work, even logistically? Not to forget their troops lack of experience, commanding officers experience. You mentioned that they all march in unison and that speaks volumes to you about their discipline?

Many here are making war sound so X-Boxy......

WHy can't the troops in NK be part of the political movement on the Korean peninsula to reunify the Koreas? NK has a population waking up, many are addicted to crack and other narcotics, refugees attempt to flee every day...his people know what'soutside the country. How long do you think it will take before the country collapses? Would China or SK want all those weapons being in the hands of maniacal power-hungry ex-generals hell-bent on taking some targets out? China wants stability in the region and to continually grow her economy. WOuldn't a stable Korea flourish?

China is known for its growing and powerful economy yet all you have presented is 101 Ways To F**k Your Own Country - Attack The Hand That Feeds You. Almost everything you say goes against its own current interests.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Can anyone confirm which South Korean news paper this article originated from?

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Canadianpride420

Are you kidding me no where did you mention the greeks defeating the persians so why did you pull that one buddy? A few pages back? perhaps you should read what you posted over because your not making any sense. And all canadians nag on the french and they only represent Quebec. You brag and brag about your military but your record is not very impressive. The attitude and arrogance that some americans have is incredible. It's people like you that make america the most hated country on earth

Exactly a few pages back, try reading again. You are grasping at straws.
here you go last line, ZING

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Xerxes thought deploying a million Persians upon the mainland of Greece would result with the same outcome.

It does not make sense to you because you seem to suffer from Anger issues and a biased view of America. Maybe America makes you feel tiny and insignificant next to it. Your professed Canadian Pride is in the way of logic as you hate it when Americans speak proudly. You speak as if the world hates America, well that is even more of your imagination than anything. I demand proof of this bold claim.

The truth is most people in foreign countries i have spoken with admired America and our freedoms, culture , music, film, sporting events and emulate our country and way of life. While they do not always agree with our politics and foreign policy they know we have done more good then you can understand. The many peace keeping missions and helping hands we have extended during crisis. Then there are "some" people that spew anti-american rhetoric and drivel like "the world hates you blah blah blah" it is easy to hate.. hate on.

America is the greatest country on earth and you should embrace it or continue to make a fool of yourself with your intolerance, putting blame of foreign policy on the populace and confusing our politics with the people. Living next door to such a mighty nation can make one feel intimidated I understand. You do realize our legacy of war is not a perfect one however our body count of bad guys stacks up high and far outnumbers ours. No such thing as a good war or winning so much like a game. We usually always find resolve in the end of these campaigns. The outcome be that the freedom these countries have today. We stopped a mad man from assimilating a continent in WW2, Brought Democracy to Iraq at a high cost, another less Tyrant later. I do not like the path we are on right now but I am just one man. I think Slayer covered NAM quite well if you actually take the time to READ these posts and put some thought in to it. Clenching fists and cursing a people is not helping your plight. But if you care to bore me with Canada's contribution to these wars be my guest. You have yet to answer the question.

Tell me aboot it please

edit on 19-1-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The U.S. has at least 50 million armed U.S. citizens...and that are only the legal weapons Americans have.

When China invades the U.S., it would need several other countries helping them, and still they would have a lot of problems. Many of the Americans who are legally armed have military experience, and many of us, like me, have decades of Martial Arts training.

Add that to the fact that we have the most technologically advanced weaponry and military out there, and it won't be easy for China, or anyone else to invade the U.S.

If China uses nukes, the U.S. will also use nukes, unless crazy Obama and his administration disarm us of our nukes...

If China launches nukes to the U.S. we will respond in kind and obliterate them, so China won't use nukes.

What China, and some other U.S. haters will do is support terrorists, and use "unrestrictive warfare" by other methods, such as using dirty bombs in U.S. cities with a signature linking such weapons to some Islamic country which would then start a racial civil war in the U.S., and then China can invade as a UN peacekeeping force alongside others such as Russia, Venezuela, etc, etc.

That, or some other similar way is how China will invade the U.S. in due time.

edit on 19-1-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join